Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

[Insert writeup]

Furamirionind is dead! He was an Obligator.

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

The Day will end on December 29th at 5:30 PM EST.

There's been a fair amount of inactivity, so I've been considering adding an inactivity filter to speed things up. What're your opinions on this?

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless) Seer

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5) Obligator

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud)

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo) Obligator

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart)

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind) Obligator

1 hour ago, Karnatheon said:

What does an inactivity filter entail? Is it for kicking out people who don't participate?

Yeah. I’m not sure what Straw’s would specifically be, but an example of one is that after a full cycle of a player not posting in the thread, they’d die. I’m not opposed to it, Straw. 

So D6 and we haven’t caught a converted traitor yet. Rath wasn’t one, and he was one of my higher suspicions. I’m still looking at Jon, but I’m going to be re-evaluating my list and see what jumps out at me this time. 

@Straw You might want to consult the impartial GM or something if you want to make a change like that. I'd be okay with it, because it would probably just kill off STINK and Nohadon.

I'm going to start the voting with one on Jondesu, since he's sort of been on my list and was almost lynched earlier. More later.

6 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Hm. Furam seems like an odd kill. Why him and not Mailliw, a Seeker confirmed Villager?

I'm pretty sure he was confirmed a Smoker, not a Seeker. The only advantage to Mailliw dying I can think of would be if the elims had converted a vote manip. So maybe that means they haven't?

8 hours ago, Karnatheon said:

I'm pretty sure he was confirmed a Smoker, not a Seeker. The only advantage to Mailliw dying I can think of would be if the elims had converted a vote manip. So maybe that means they haven't?

Aman has a point though. I believe he meant to say that I was confirmed by a seeker to be village, not that I’m a confirmed Seeker. Since I was confirmed to be a villager, you’d think I’d be a higher priority for a kill since I could continue to build a trusted group. Gancho would’ve been another essentially-confirmed villager to kill. 

The reasons I see for not killing either of us is: 1. They thought we had protection. 2. They want to frame us. 3. We’re further off base on suspicions than Fura was and so he was more of a danger. 4. We’re evil. 

I'll go ahead and follow Araris' vote on Jondesu. I've gone over the last 6 or so games that ITIAH is played, and among the players still alive, the reoccurring names that stood out were Jondesu and Araris, ironically. They've been polarized a bit this game so far, meaning if one is evil the other is very likely not. After Araris' response to my previous attempt at voting for him I think I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

@Jondesu, what's going on, bud? What're your thoughts on the game?

(2) JondesuAraris ValerianAmanuensis

EDIT: 

12 hours ago, Karnatheon said:

I meant that a Seeker confirmed he is village.

This said, I can't remember who but someone pointed out that there was a missing vote the day before the no-kill night. So it's very likely they have a Soother who didn't realize they only got 1 action per cycle and instead ITIAH converted someone that night.

On that note, I'm a bit suspicious you are said vote manipulator, Karn.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

I'll go ahead and follow Araris' vote on Jondesu. I've gone over the last 6 or so games that ITIAH is played, and among the players still alive, the reoccurring names that stood out were Jondesu and Araris, ironically. They've been polarized a bit this game so far, meaning if one is evil the other is very likely not. After Araris' response to my previous attempt at voting for him I think I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

@Jondesu, what's going on, bud? What're your thoughts on the game?

(2) JondesuAraris ValerianAmanuensis

EDIT: 

I meant that a Seeker confirmed he is village.

This said, I can't remember who but someone pointed out that there was a missing vote the day before the no-kill night. So it's very likely they have a Soother who didn't realize they only got 1 action per cycle and instead ITIAH converted someone that night.

On that note, I'm a bit suspicious you are said vote manipulator, Karn.

Just to make sure I’m understanding this right, do you think one of them was likely to be converted because Itiah had played with them previously? 

Jon said he’d be minimally active the next cycle or so because of work. 

Hmm, that’s a good point. I know of one vote manipulator, though I doubt they’re on Itiah’s team due to voting the days Itiah was lynched. I can’t say I’ve heard of a rioter yet though, so if anyone has heard a rioter claim, we may want to investigate that more. Later this evening, I’ll have more time and vote. 

26 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Just to make sure I’m understanding this right, do you think one of them was likely to be converted because Itiah had played with them previously? 

Jon said he’d be minimally active the next cycle or so because of work. 

Hmm, that’s a good point. I know of one vote manipulator, though I doubt they’re on Itiah’s team due to voting the days Itiah was lynched. I can’t say I’ve heard of a rioter yet though, so if anyone has heard a rioter claim, we may want to investigate that more. Later this evening, I’ll have more time and vote. 

Whoops, yeah. I was trying to think from ITIAH's perspective (who should I convert?) and using past experience with players to narrow it down.

Ah. In that case I may retract my vote from Jon. I don't want to lynch someone who can't defend themselves.

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)
16. Jondesu (Remart)
17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

So I've itialicized the inactives and bolded the people I don't plan on voting for due to other things. That leaves Karnatheon, Aman, CadCom, Snipexe, and Jondesu. I'm leaning toward Aman being village, but that could be totally wrong. He did bring up that Karn could be an elim seeker, causing the N2 kill to not be possible along a conversion. I guess Jondesu won't be around this cycle, and he's been decently active so we should probably hold off on lynching him. @Amanuensis, who would be your next pick after Jondesu? Also, @Cadmium Compounder, who do you want to kill? Ditto for @Karnatheon.

We're getting close to when we might want to get some roles out in the open. The Seeker and Mailliw almost certainly have the same alignment, since claiming to have successfully scanned a Smoker would be very risky, but it is possible that they were both converted. I suppose an alternate possibility is that the Seeker was converted the Night that Mailliw was scanned. Either way, the Seeker would be the weak point, not Mailliw. If the Seeker is village then we should have 2 more cleared players by now, which should help things. I suppose I'd like to hear other thoughts on this.

I'll put my vote on CadCom for now, since his post during the night Cycle regarding myself and Karnatheon struck me as too wishy-washy.

20 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:
7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)
16. Jondesu (Remart)
17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

So I've itialicized the inactives and bolded the people I don't plan on voting for due to other things. That leaves Karnatheon, Aman, CadCom, Snipexe, and Jondesu. I'm leaning toward Aman being village, but that could be totally wrong. He did bring up that Karn could be an elim seeker, causing the N2 kill to not be possible along a conversion. I guess Jondesu won't be around this cycle, and he's been decently active so we should probably hold off on lynching him. @Amanuensis, who would be your next pick after Jondesu? Also, @Cadmium Compounder, who do you want to kill? Ditto for @Karnatheon.

We're getting close to when we might want to get some roles out in the open. The Seeker and Mailliw almost certainly have the same alignment, since claiming to have successfully scanned a Smoker would be very risky, but it is possible that they were both converted. I suppose an alternate possibility is that the Seeker was converted the Night that Mailliw was scanned. Either way, the Seeker would be the weak point, not Mailliw. If the Seeker is village then we should have 2 more cleared players by now, which should help things. I suppose I'd like to hear other thoughts on this.

I'll put my vote on CadCom for now, since his post during the night Cycle regarding myself and Karnatheon struck me as too wishy-washy.

I hesitate to call Lumgol inactive, but I don't necessarily consider him a lynch candidate right now. Same with Gancho, tbh. I'm actually considering voting for Snipexe and CadCom as well, but leaning Snipexe between the two. Reason why is because 3 people voted on ITIAH the first time: Gancho, CadCom and Furam. Now Furam is dead, after whether or not it was discussed that one of those three were converted after lynching ITIAH the first time. Personally if I was one of those three and had been converted, I would be paranoid about narrowing that list down even further, and would leave them alone. Hence why right now I'm leaning towards the three of them being clean.

Snipexe, on the other hand, is interesting to me because of all that PM drama that happened between them. At that point in the game where ITIAH was already lynched and on the way to being lynched again, I think it'd be odd if some kind of distancing wasn't attempted. And when it came down to a lynch between the two of them, the polarized votes could have led to the other gaining some credit.

So yeah. Snipexe. @Snipexe what's going on bud?

EDIT:

Also wouldn't mind lynching @Karnatheon since he's a big ? for me now as well. Plus Furam was suspicious of him, IIRC.

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:
7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)
16. Jondesu (Remart)
17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

Do you mind explaining what the bold and italics are? I assume italics are inactives? And bold is people you trust? 

Also, the seeker couldn’t have been converted the night I was scanned. Itiah was already dead. 

@Amanuensis I’ve been sitting on this, but now I’m uneasy about it. Snipe is actually the Soother I know about. Your last couple posts seem to have multiplied my suspicions on him, first with your points about vote manipulation and then this one, and this is with you not knowing that this was his role. I still personally lean towards lynching Jondesu, but I understand him being gone. I’d still rather remove him from the scenario all together and be sure because he keeps popping up in my and others lists and then disappearing. I’d be okay with a lynch on either though. 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

Do you mind explaining what the bold and italics are? I assume italics are inactives? And bold is people you trust? 

Also, the seeker couldn’t have been converted the night I was scanned. Itiah was already dead. 

@Amanuensis I’ve been sitting on this, but now I’m uneasy about it. Snipe is actually the Soother I know about. Your last couple posts seem to have multiplied my suspicions on him, first with your points about vote manipulation and then this one, and this is with you not knowing that this was his role. I still personally lean towards lynching Jondesu, but I understand him being gone. I’d still rather remove him from the scenario all together and be sure because he keeps popping up in my and others lists and then disappearing. I’d be okay with a lynch on either though. 

Araris says right after that list the italics are inactives and bold are people he won't vote for :P

When did you find out that Snipe was a Soother? Because if he claimed to you after N2 it's more likely he's town, IMO.

Ok, so some thoughts. I reread the last couple cycles, though it was mostly skimming. The Itiah lynch. People seemed to pretty much clear Gancho, Fura, and CadCom. Obviously their votes are primarily indicitative of them being village. However, as pointed out, in the MR that just wrapped up CadCom had an extremely effective bus on his teammate. I'm not saying the same thing happened here, but just make sure we aren't hard clearing Gancho and CadCom without still keeping an eye on their activity. It culd be too easy for an elim to sneak by that way. Fura also said he didn't think more than one of himself, Gancho, and CadCom could be elims. Which makes sense to me. He also commented that given the interactions between CadCom and Mailliw one of them is also almost guaranteed to be village. So CadCom's alignment could be helpful in determining a couple of other people's as well. I don't really think it's likely CadCom would pull the same gambit twice in a row though, so the chances aren't enough to convince me to vote on him as of now. The Snipexe situation is definitely off as well, and is probably something more concrete to go on. I'm honestly hesitant to make any strong accusations just because every time I had any suspicions last game they we're all wrong. Those are my current thoughts, though I won't vote til tomorrow.

@Karnatheon, it might be helpful for you to vote now, and then change it later. In my experience more votes and sooner are generally better, so that we have time to discuss and respond. I also think I agree about Cadcom, but want to hear from him.

Good point about Itiah being Dead, Mailliw. That means you and the Seeker should be cleared.

3 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Araris says right after that list the italics are inactives and bold are people he won't vote for :P

When did you find out that Snipe was a Soother? Because if he claimed to you after N2 it's more likely he's town, IMO.

Ah... Not sure how I missed that. :P

He told me D1... What can I say, I'm trustworthy. :rolleyes: 

Also, I had the idea that we could either vote for who we want the Seeker to scan or we could encourage them to scan the second most voted to lynch player. I personally don't think that the traitors managed to convert a Smoker since Devotary and I are both village and I doubt there's a third since we haven't seen an abundance of vote manipulators or seekers. Thoughts?

Edit: Since I realized I didn’t vote yet, I’ll go with Jondesu since he’s my highest suspicion right now. I’m not opposed to the Snipe lynch, but I’d like to see where others fall now that another vote has been made. 

@Cadmium Compounder @Coop772 @Gancho Libre

Edited by Mailliw73

I’ve got a few minutes to defend myself, but not much to go on. It looks like the main points are my activity level (which is what it is, but I don’t think would have made my a good conversion target), and my somewhat opposition to Araris? Umm, ok. I was mostly following Aman’s lead there. 

I don’t have strong legitimate suspicion, but who would the Seer have wanted to convert? Obviously strong roles if they could, but I’m guessing they didn’t know many roles if any. So I’d have expected them to go after the strongest players who didn’t already have suspicion on them. I don’t have time to run that list, but someone look at it from that perspective please.

[Insert writeup]

Jondesu is dead! He was a Soother!

Vote Count:

Cadmium Compounder (1): Araris Valerian

Jondesu (1): Mailliw73

Snipexe (1): Amanuensis

GM Notes:

PMs are open!

The Night will end on December 30th at 5:30 PM EST.

I haven't heard back from Orlok, but for the time being, I'm implementing an inactivity filter. If you do not talk for a full cycle, you shall be OBLITERATED! If Orlok gets back to me about it and dislikes the idea of an inactivity filter, then it will be removed. 

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless) Seer

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5) Obligator

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo) Obligator

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

16. Jondesu (Remart) Soother

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind) Obligator

Just now, Straw said:

I haven't heard back from Orlok, but for the time being, I'm implementing an inactivity filter. If you do not talk for a full cycle, you shall be OBLITERATED! If Orlok gets back to me about it and dislikes the idea of an inactivity filter, then it will be removed. 

Does this require an in-thread post or do PMs count?

27 minutes ago, Straw said:

Jondesu is dead! He was a Soother!

Vote Count:

Cadmium Compounder (1): Araris Valerian

Jondesu (1): Mailliw73

Snipexe (1): Amanuensis

Gosh that's depressing. I really hope Jon wasn't the one who soothed that vote D2.

EDIT: If there really is a Seeker out there, please contact me IMMEDIATELY. I don't care if you scanned me or not. This game is on a fast track to nowhere and we need to talk.

Edited by Amanuensis