Need as much help as possible.

lwd24era

How about a suite of gods of the psyche - or even one, with manifestations tied to an unaware mortal. Thus, when the chosen sleeps, Sleep walks the world. When he wakes, the Woken walks. When he takes drugs, the mighty Trippin Balz strides the planet.

Oh but if I had more than one upvote to give...

A god of uninvented technology who is confused about his purpose?

A god of phlegm who walks around peering down people's throats?

A god of teenage arrogance who is in the body of an older person and is fed up with these stuck-up youngsters?

A god of depression that sets in on rainy days?

Are these too specific, or should I think more broadly?

Where do your gods reside? Because if your gods can walk the planet then you could have them be restricted to certain areas. For example the god of the forest can only be in the mortal plane in a forest, a god of the ocean that can only be in an ocean, that sort of thing. Or would that not work in your world?

a god that catalogues the life of humans that are going to effect the world in a significant way, called the historian. he is thought of as a good luck charm or a curse when he attends births, weddings and funerals as it means that something of high importance is happening   

Hm, this definitely sounds like it could be an interesting idea. It's just hard to randomly shoot ideas into the dark, though. If you post some of the material or what you already have worked up, it could help. Just so we have a better idea of what you're going for.

Also, I would warn against relying on us to help give you the main characters or themes of your story, I feel like you would be missing a great opportunity to explore your own creativity, and as you know what you're going for best, your ideas will be better suited for the world you're trying to build, rather than random suggestions from strangers with no context.

Like I said, this is definitely an interesting idea, and it would be really cool to see what you already have worked up yourself, because then we can give more structured feedback and suggestions.

I imagining a shapeshifting god, but one who shifts in subtle ways, like: growing facial hair rapidly, altering nose or ears. But he would need a tell too, something noticible to the right eyes that he cannot change.

How about a god called the Handworker? This would be a god for the crafts people and artisans. Basically a god for the common folk. Blacksmiths, potters, shoemakers, and the like would pray to the Handworker to steady their hands and hone their individual crafts, 

A god called Blue. Whenever he manifests, he is the colour of the sky above the clouds, with eyes like the dark on the edge of space. Looking at him gives a sense of vertigo and scale; he is still like the sun is still. He is not a god of weather, cloud, wind, or even air; his realm is simply the sky, unmarred and unbroken. Each night the hunter-gods of moon and star hunt him, and their shafts of moonlight and sunlight pierce his body, striking the earth. With dawn, the sun cauterizes and sews each of his wounds in exchange for a piece of his heart, and through that piece the sunlight shines down.

A god called Blue. Whenever he manifests, he is the colour of the sky above the clouds, with eyes like the dark on the edge of space. Looking at him gives a sense of vertigo and scale; he is still like the sun is still. He is not a god of weather, cloud, wind, or even air; his realm is simply the sky, unmarred and unbroken. Each night the hunter-gods of moon and star hunt him, and their shafts of moonlight and sunlight pierce his body, striking the earth. With dawn, the sun cauterizes and sews each of his wounds in exchange for a piece of his heart, and through that piece the sunlight shines down.

Ah. Swim, I detect a mythos building up here. Brilliant.

A god called Dust. His realm is that of the forgotten places, abandoned places - not the wilderness, but not civilisation. He is the essence of places left behind. An old ruin, a deserted cemetery, a shipwreck, even an attic undisturbed for years. He is a figure of lines: Shadow, light, straight and shifting flickers that illuminate a cloud of dust in vaguely human form, with the image of forgotten faces flickering across his skin. He is patron, too, of those left behind: Hermits, exiles, the poor, the feral, and the forgotten dead.

What I've found is that gods seldom exist without a culture befitting them. Nearly every nation around the world reflects this in some degree where you have a theme of one or two religions heavily influencing how society is structured. So before even getting into building the gods, what kind of culture do they exist in and how would they play a role?

But from the sound the feedback your heading down the role where there are as many gods as there are things to have domain over. A bit Shinto-ish with a Greek flare? You have Gods that are high up and then you have gods that are just cantrips that interact with mundane people a daily basis.

A God of the Dawn might be facinating. He only exists for a single moment each day, at the crack of dawn, before the Sun God/Moon God takes over...

Or a God of Change? When a stick turns to dust, or water freezes, or a body decomposes, or flame flickers out. When one thing changes into another, he is present.