The Last Post Wins!!!!!

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

I have begun my quest for a better username.

I wish you luck! May the naming ideas flow freely into your mind. (Though Nameless still is pretty cool).

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

How do I try to accidentally do something? 

We’re gonna be needing the paradox people again 

Paradox people coming right up! But isn't that more of an oxymoron though? Oh well. This is such a great way for me to procrastinate. Spoilered for length.

Spoiler

Chapter 3: Accidentally Trying 

"Wait a minute!" you cry. "Salad, why did you write Chapter 3? Shouldn't it be Chapter 2?"

"Well spotted [insert name here]," Salad replies (Why am I in third person?). "I wrote Chapter 3 on purpose, because Chapter 1 ends on Ene going into Salad's apartment room, and Chapter 2 covers her encounter with Salad. And we're skipping that because I want to write about this new paradox."

Wait, if Salad is in the story, and Salad is telling the story... What does it mean? Is this a meta-paradox? Stay tuned for Chapter ??? where all will be revealed, and will be written probably never! 

Back to your irregularly scheduled chapter:

Also Ene's partner has just disappeared because they didn't have a name or a personality and don't contribute anything to the story. Pretend they never existed :ph34r:

Ene set down her keys on the kitchen table and flopped onto the sofa. She had been meaning to sit down, but flopping happens sometimes. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to erase the image of Salad, eyes wide and frightened, convulsing on the floor. The paradox had severely weakened them, and they were beginning to fade away. Dark tendrils had begun to creep from their eyes and mouth, like snakes coming out to feast, seeming more real than the person themselves. If she had arrived another minute later...

She shuddered, and turned on the TV, looking for something to distract herself. "Brandon Sanderson reports that the second draft of Stormlight Four is finished," the news reporter said. Ene smiled at the news, but it wasn't enough to keep those dark thoughts at bay. She'd been doing this for two years already; why hadn't she gotten used to it yet? 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Ene jumped up and unlatched to door, which sprung open immediately. "Ene!" A girl stood outlined by the doorway, smiling at Ene as if they were best friends. "I brought your favorite," she grinned, holding up a slab of blue cheese. The girl pushed her way into Ene's apartment room, and flopped on the sofa without saying another word. What? Why would anyone... 

The TV was still on, and the news reporter was still speaking. "Brandon Sanderson reports that he had stopped writing the Stormlight Archive series, much to the relief and happiness of his fans." A small thought nagged at the edge of her mind. No, she thought. There has to be another explanation. The colors around her began to change. The white walls began to darken, and the brown floors became blue. No, no, no! They blossomed outward from her feet slowly, like watercolors on a canvas. The lights began to darken. They didn't turn off, they became dark, shining with a black light. Dark light: the final indicator. Because how could light ever be dark? 

Impossible, Ene thought. I've created a paradox.

(I kind of feel like I'm writing an Ene fanfic right now... How did this happen to me?)

Edited by The Awakened Salad
I don't know how to use grammar, apparently

1 hour ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I kind of feel like I'm writing an Ene fanfic right now... 

Oh my goodness. “Flopping happens sometimes”, SA4 updates being on the news, that cliffhanger...that was amazing! You are one of my Favorite Humans. ALL THE PRAISE. :lol: 

Spoiler

Theorizing about the me fanfic (not something I expected to say), would it be possible for someone to perform the paradox-stopping stuff on themselves? 

Heck, now I’m excited, and I don’t want to bother you or make you procrastinate more :P 

Edit: Also, that snake line! You’re such a good writer! 

Edited by AonEne

Just now, Retrac said:

Nope you don't. I think I win. Does anyone know when/if there is going to be a mistborn movie?

The rights have been purchased, but it’s a long way away. I forget the exact point where it’s at right now, but State of the Sanderson 2019 will be up-to-date on it. 

22 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

*claps* Ene, how will she survive! Salad! I need more! Pleeeaseeeeeeee! 

Thank you! I'm happy you enjoyed my random little story ^_^. *Sends shipping container of gratitude*. I wasn't planning on writing any more though (I wasn't even planning to write this next chapter after the first one). 

21 hours ago, AonEne said:

Oh my goodness. “Flopping happens sometimes”, SA4 updates being on the news, that cliffhanger...that was amazing! You are one of my Favorite Humans. ALL THE PRAISE. :lol: 

Reveal hidden contents

Theorizing about the me fanfic (not something I expected to say), would it be possible for someone to perform the paradox-stopping stuff on themselves? 

Heck, now I’m excited, and I don’t want to bother you or make you procrastinate more :P 

Edit: Also, that snake line! You’re such a good writer! 

You made the flopping line your member title! I'm honored :lol:. *Sends a second shipping container*. I'm glad you liked it! I didn't know what to put on the news, but I wanted to relate it back to the shard just for fun. Originally it was going to be Llstml changing their username because that was the subject of the post above mine (sorry if you didn't want to be a part of this), but I decided on SA4 updates instead. 

Okay now I kind of want to include other sharders into... whatever this is and write them into the story, but I feel a bit uneasy writing about other people. It could be cool, but I don't think I'd actually do it. 

About your theorizing question...

RAFO ;).

1 hour ago, The Awakened Salad said:

RAFO ;).

The agonyyyy 

*stamps the shipping container with a Return to Sender* Nope, I’m giving it back. You get the gratitude. I did nothing here except fangirl over your greatness. 

You could make a thread if you plan to continue the story, and ask people if they’d be okay with being written? *shrugs* 

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

The agonyyyy 

Mwehehehe 

*stamps the shipping container with a Return to Sender* Nope, I’m giving it back. You get the gratitude. I did nothing here except fangirl over your greatness. 

And so it begins... *Rubs off the stamp and sends it back*.

You could make a thread if you plan to continue the story, and ask people if they’d be okay with being written? *shrugs* 

I don’t really plan on writing any more, unless I find a burst of inspiration or something I find interesting (or someone shoves a new paradox in my face). I also don’t know if the demand for me to even post more chapters would warrant a whole thread or new content (I might just archive the existing stuff on a blog post on in my About Me section). I have other writing projects I’d rather devote my time to, so it would be more of a warm-up exercise than anything anyway.

My uneasiness with writing people is more that I won’t be writing them, I’ll be writing a character that shares the same name as them (I was actually afraid you’d get mad when I wrote that first post). I’m worried that someone will take offence, even maybe subconsciously, because I wrote them maybe with a different moral compass then they have, or I killed them off, or maybe I seem to be favouring someone else’s character over theirs. I’ll turn them into someone they’re not for the sake of a story. 

It’s a worst-case scenario, I know, and everyone here’s pretty cool, but I’d rather avoid it.

Then again, it’s pretty obvious that the Ene I’ve written isn’t you. So... I don’t know where that leaves us and now I’m just confused (hey, isn’t this how it all started?). I’m going to stop rambling now before this post becomes an essay. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

Fair enough! All very valid, though personally I have no issue with it. Is that Ene me? No. Would it be reasonable to expect you to write me? Storms no, we’ve known each other for what, a couple months? Over occasional interactions on the internet? And while that’s certainly enough for me to gauge your pure awesomeness, I do not expect you to be able (no autocorrect, not a lemon, I mean I don’t expect them to be a lemon either but...) to write me. I sure as crem couldn’t convey you over a page of writing. I don’t even think people who have known each other for years can necessarily do that :P so no, I’m impressed, not mad. 

And that’s understandable, there are an infinite number of projects that are way more important than this - please don’t let me accidentally pressure you into it. 

15 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

And so it begins... *Rubs off the stamp and sends it back*. 

*escalates things by stamping literally every inch and mailing it back* 

Edited by AonEne
hecking typos

58 minutes ago, AonEne said:

no autocorrect, not a lemon, I mean I don’t expect them to be a lemon either but...

Well umm... it seems a coincidence has occurred. I must’ve been thinking of lemons, because when I was logging in, I typed in The Awakened Lemon instead of Salad. Maybe you’re onto something... What if I’m actually a lemon?

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Is that Ene me? No.

*Crazy theorist mind starts up* Ah, so in the Eneverse there are multiple Enes. That Ene is not the you Ene, but an Ene from a different universe within the Eneverse. I see. Interesting. 

(I feel like I’m singlehandedly starting an Ene fandom and creating my own headcanons. Is this weird? I think it’s weird.) 

(Also I’ve written Ene so many times my phone just autocorrects everything to it. If Aon Ene makes its way into Elantris Two I’m not going to be able to make it through with a straight face.) 

(Why is it that out of everything you typed this is what I’m getting out of it?)

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

*eacalates things by stamping literally every inch and mailing it back* 

*wraps the whole thing in wrapping paper with a note saying “A Special Gift From Brandon Sanderson” and sends it back*

2 hours ago, DoomStick said:

Wait what created the paradox in the story? @The Awakened Salad

Yeah I found it pretty hard to figure out what to do, but it was the flopping. It’s in the line “She had been meaning to sit down, but flopping happens sometimes.” So basically she’s trying to sit down but accidentally flops, and I know that doesn’t really work but I couldn’t think of anything else.