The Last Post Wins!!!!!

It’s funny how after the first page, this thread descended into chaos. More more more!!  

So, here’s some random quotes about chaos.  Kudos if you know where they came from.

“Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.  I’m an agent of chaos, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair.” 

"CHAOS, CHAOS, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!"

“Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All Gods are bastards.’”

Edited by ILuvHats

1 hour ago, Ookla the Cited said:

Don’t forget: journey before destination.

Those ideals, despite being fictional, actually have value.

50 minutes ago, Darth Ookla said:

Or not. Why would you do the journey if you don't care about the destination, why take the journey?

This is how it was explained: everyone ends up in the same place, wether it be a paupers graveyard or a kings crypt.  What matters is what you do along the way.  Since the destination is the same for all men (and women), then you must make the most of the journey.  I may have slightly misquoted that.  So the point of life is to better your society and make sure that future generations live a better life than you, no matter how good your life may have been.  Serving only yourself doesn't accomplish anything, proves to tear down society, and harms others in the process.  See, there is a point to life.  I like optimistic philosophizing. 

50 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

CHAOS, CHAOS, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!

Now I have the song stuck in my head. Excellent.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the spearman said:

Those ideals, despite being fictional, actually have value.

All ideals are fictional, at first. It is whether or not we put stock in them that brings them to reality.

9 minutes ago, Ookla the spearman said:

Serving only yourself doesn't accomplish anything

If that sort of idea interests you, I’d reccomend looking up the iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma. It takes the concept and builds on it, showing a solution to the original problem.

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Cited said:

All ideals are fictional, at first. It is whether or not we put stock in them that brings them to reality.

There are many, many differing views on this.  Without diving in to religion, I can tell you that ideals are the bases for human goodness.  Like Dalinar said, let a few cracks through, and suddenly your entire belief system is compromised.  I will say that morals and ideals also have a practical value, and contribute to the betterment of society.

Edited by Ookla the spearman
Misspelled "Dalinar"