Challenge of Champions [2v2]: Ambrosia/Atticus vs. Max/Mara

I think I am here.

Predictions and Thoughts!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this fight?

• Ambrosia/Atticus (Ark1002)
    • Max/Mara (Itiah)
  2. 2. Would you like to see more 2v2 battles?

Max watched the card slowly fly through the air and land on his head, taking it off, he saw what was within.

Oh god.

He briefly tried to stop himself from internally imploding. Oh well for that attack.

Ambrosia was bowing. That would mean she wouldn’t see Max. Max could use that. A stab in the back? It didn’t seem honourable to Max.

Suddenly, the crowd quietened, and hushed completely. Max frowned. They were never quiet. He looked at their faces and followed their gaze to Mara, bled out on the arena floor. No. No. No.

No. No. No.

No. No. No. No. No.

No No No No No No No No No

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

He didn’t need someone to tell him Mara was gone. And Max had allowed. He’d let his pride get in the way and fought on.

Stoking his anger and flaring it, all Max saw was red. She was dead. Dead. Dead. He was angry.

And he channeled his rage, his anger, his agility and strength, and swung his knife, trying to stab the bowing Ambrosia in the back.

Mara was unconcious, but that didn’t stop her life from flashing between her eyes. She was sort of conscious, her body going into triple overtime to keep her alive. But it wasn’t working.

Where were the medics? Oh, Mara remembered. They wouldn’t come for her. She was dying. Even though.

She saw Master Sheonar, Devaan. She saw her brother, she saw the Seven Day War. She saw every day of her life lived out and repeated. She saw the duel, she saw all the mistakes she’d made, mistakes in life she could’ve avoided.

She had regrets. She’d never told Master Sheonar she was the one to steal his favourite pencil. She’d never loved Max enough, she’d never told him how much he meant to her. He never told him that if he ever died, she’d  go insane.

But he wasn’t dying, and that was the irony. She was dying. She’d discouraged Max from going to this duel. She’d been protective of him. And yet she was the one bleeding out on this forsaken soil.

She wondered how Max would do. He would be sad. Understatement. He would be very sad. A tear almost dropped off of her as she realized she would be abandoning him if she died. No, no if. She was.

Her vision dimmed, and Mara felt a numbness come over her. She was scared. What was death? Emptiness until eternity? Would she meet all who were dead? Rashan? Her parents?

She felt sick. Just her body foghting back, she supposed. But the numbness was growing. The cold, the comfort of sleeping and never getting up.

Thoughts barbed her. She wanted to scream, to get up. She couldn’t. She wanted to travel the world, to make new friends. She couldn’t, not anymore. She had so much to do in her life.

Potential. She used to have potential. Master Sheonar had said she would be a great fighter, her brother had agreed. She was on the path do doing what she loved.

Not anymore.

Shouts. Screams, even. Before Mara’s sight went black, she glimpsed people running through the crowd, to her. Medics. Too, late, she thought, numbness filling her completely. They were too late.

And in that faint, fleeting light of life shining on her dying soul, Mara closed her eyes one last time. She didn’t pray, but she did say sorry. She took a deep breath.

Mara died.

Edited by I think I am here.

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Mara died.

No. 

no. no no no no no.

This can't be happening. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.

Silphio sat incredibly still, staring at the duel, at his friend who had just died in front of him.

Astiel sighed, he didn't know how to react, he put his hand on Silphio.

Devaan had other plans.

Devaan was glowing brighter then Silphio had saw him glow before. Quicker then the eye could see, Devaan was in front of the Aonic barrier that prevented him from interfering with the duel.

Rage, greif and loss overcame him, and he punched the barrier as hard as he could.

It shattered. Devaan was glowing with a mixture of light. Elantrian light from the Aons mingled with the stormlight steaming off of him. That, combined with his breath aura made Devaan glow iridescent. 

Devaan threw himself over the railing. He needed to get to Mara, needed to at least try to save her.

Flashes. Two little kids, holding a sword and a letter.

Reshan.

I'm going to try and not interrupt the fight between the other fighters. But Devaan just watched his pupil die in front of him.

Edited by Nohadon

Fang leaped off of his seat in time with Devaan as he watched the girl he'd tried to save die. He was an Edgedancer, he should be able to save her....

Save her. 

Fang got to Mara first, nosing her face and licking it, as the Saint Bernard in him told him to do. Licking their faces keeps them from getting hypothermia, it keeps them warm... it saves lives. He instinctively tried to push Progression into her body, but she was dead, she couldn't accept stormlight anymore... nononono....

Fang had seen his mother and littermates die as a helpless little pup, barely knowing the concept of death as of then. But now he knew what it entailed, and she was dead, his best efforts hadn't been enough, would never be enough.

His raised his snout to the air and howled his grief in one long cry. 

Well... never done that before. The first death in the history of the arena of valor.

Ambrosia new she shouldn't have done that. It was an incredibly cocky move. And death. Indirectly, yes, but she had still caused human death. That made her sad, angry, disgusted, and... satisfied? A strange part of her was satisfied...

So she put up her head and summoned the sentinel helmet. She'd been hoping they would forget about it.

That should block the knife.

Edited by Ark1002

Walker ran down and grabbed Mara's corpse. She wouldn't stay on the floor of the arena of valour any longer. She had died with honor and would be put to rest with honor. He brought her to the top of the arena and laid her in the ceremonial crypt, before she would be buried in the hall of heroes.

Atticus: -7 HP

Ambrosia: 0 HP

Max: 8 HP

Mara: -10 HP 

The attack Max attempted was a stab to the back. Ambrosia countered by putting her helmeted in the way of the knife.

The helmet, being made of a strong material, will not crack under the blow. But the force of the blow is significant, especially as Max is adrenaline filled from the death of his sister.

Ambrosia’s position isn’t entirely clear, but it’s likely a bad one to be in. If she’s bent over with her just head up, the blow could smash into her neck. Or she could be in a position for the knife to hit near the front of her head, sending it whipping downwards. Even if she’s in more of a standing position, the helmet can only do so much to protect her from the sheer force of Max’s hit. If I treat it as a punch (rather than a knife, because the helmet stops any piercing damage) the damage is still lethal.

Helmets are excellent protective measures, but they aren’t perfect. That’s why people who crash their bikes still get hurt, or at least dazed. I believe that the helmet will be insufficient to negate all the damage. Max’s blow does 3HP of damage. Ambrosia is knocked unconscious, making Max and Mara the winners.

In the control booth, the Head Mediator watched in satisfaction as the fight ended. It had been a good duel, one of the best he'd ever seen. 

"Ladies and gentlemen!" he announced, his clawed hand grasping the microphone. "We have our winner! Our medics are on their way to heal the survivors. Thank you for watching!"

The crowd cheered, but it was half-hearted. The cost of the fight had been too steep. 

"Whatever," the Head Mediator grumbled. "Let's go watch that kid beat up a dog."

Now you all may interfere to your heart's content. Congratulations to both Ark and Itiah, it was a well fought duel. 

Edited by Archer

It let the medics come to heal his son. This was the first time It had wished It had healing. So It left, so that Atticus wouldn't see him.

Ambrosia walked over to Max (@I think I am here.). She put her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry for my participation in your loss."

Atticus had felt darkness. But now he was back. In a way.

Atticus screamed, shaking. He was a broken soul. And he wanted to die.

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Note: When the funeral happens, Ambrosia will be attending.

It will be at the same time that her brother just entered a duel to the death, so I somewhat doubt that.

Also the funeral if will have to start soon, before the possibility of Walker dying so It will have to happen soon. Speeches?

I have permission from Itiah.

Suddenly, a group of Sentinels wearing... purple coats?
A group of Sentinels wearing purple coats appeared in the Arena.
"Fan out! Find her immediately!" The apparent leader called.
They all Elsecalled into the Cognitive Realm, quickly searching. Within seconds, one of them found her, fading away quickly.
"Bring in Truthwatcher Six and his assistant!" The leader ordered.
One of the men disappeared and reappeared with a young man and another, shorter boy.
"Begin treatment!"
The shorter boy grabbed Mara and pulsed with Stormlight, bringing her back from the brink slightly.
"Bond this Blade." Instructed the taller boy, giving it to Mara.
Kane signed off from his earpiece. If there was anything he had learned from Rohan and Rashan, it was that Shardblades saved lives.

The Elite Sentinels.