Quick Fix Game 1: Jeskeri Mysteries

Tempus

Kai was disturbed by the deaths. The Mysteries had struck again, and once again the body was mutilated in a way that only the followers of the Mysteries would do. That wasn’t the only thing that bothered her, however. She couldn’t help but think that the movement against Faidh was her fault. She had been the one accusing him, and he had been sent out to certain death.

We don’t know whether Faidh was innocent or not, but given how that turned out, I think he might have been. Now there are eight of us left, and probably three are killers. If we kill the wrong person today, it will be three and three and we lose. We can’t afford to kill anyone who isn’t a follower of the Mysteries.

At least we know that a vote from the person who was murdered still counts. I have no idea what happened to Mai’s vote yesterday.

We should start the conversations going early today so that we can get as much information as possible.

Everyone who said who they were going to vote for beforehand voted how they said they would. So now I’d like to know from the ones who didn’t say before what their reasoning was. Nepene and Greggin, why did each of you vote the way you did?

@Tempus Thanks for showing us the votes more clearly. I liked the role-playing of last time, but it’s very helpful to have the information shown clearly, especially in a quick game like this.

Greggin grimaced once again while looking at the victim of the Mysteries. Garlic? Was that really necessary? The stench was nearly unbearable. Gamene had been a nice woman. It was to bad she had been taken out in such a way.

Well. It was a hard world. Life had never been easy for Greggin, but this was by far the most terrifying situation he had been in. He could only hope he made it out without a scratch.

He began to wonder, though. Why did Warkel have it out for Caan? Greggin saw nothing to compromise the man. More of that brutal world, he figured. In such a time as this, however, no one was outside suspicion.

Kai, I didn't put my vote in publically because I was constrained for time and didn't want to do so without explanation. I hope my RP was able to show my reasoning. But just in case, I voted for Warkel because I found his voting for Caan suspicious.

@Tempus: On the writeups, I think it is just easier to see who voted for whom for later reference if there is a list. Also, I'm not saying that today's writeup was bad, but I think it could be a little more creative without incorporating the votes directly into it like yesterday's. Sorry if there was a reason this one was so much shorter other than not having the votes in it. I don't think the votes being in the writeup is too confusing. The writeup could have the votes in it and we can still have the list of votes at the end for convenience. Personally I think that is the best.

I'm curious as to why Adolin didn't vote.  My current suspects are Nepene, Kai and Asgren.  I am fairly certain that at least one of these is a cultist.  I haven't decided which I shall vote for as I am hoping to hear some counter arguments to help narrow down the list

Nepene, your vote of Faidh is suspicious.  Our names are easy to find at the start of this thread so voting simply because you can't remember anyone elses name strikes me as false.

My suspicion of Kai hasn't changed from the last round.

Asgren, twice now you have failed to vote.  You stated that you logged in too late to vote for last time, but what about the first round. Why didn't you vote then?  And you post at the start of each round but then disappear back into the shadows without contributing anything to the conversations.

Ratel was tired.  He had stayed up most of the night holding a pickaxe and waiting for the cultist to come for him.  He was sure he had only dozed off briefly, but it must've been longer than he thought for when dawn broke another body was found and he had heard nothing.

Carrying Gamene's body down to the basement sapped his remaining strength.  After making his way into the main room he collapsed into one of the chairs near the hearth.  Sighing with relief he pulled out one of his flasks and drained the entire contents.  Watching as Faidh was pushed out the door Ratel felt guilty at seeing someone being sent to their inevitable death in the snow and ice.

I did that.  I started the call for his death.  I can only pray to the Dor that we are doing the right thing.

Taking some dried meat from within his jacket Ratel began to chew on it while staring into the flames.

Caan, stop stealing my dried rabbit meat. I need that for when I make a break for it.  Don't bother denying it either.  Warkel saw you.

I could find a name, but I don't really see the point. Per the rules we are required to vote once per cycle, so I do so. We don't get any feedback on whether we are killing cultists till the end of the game. As such, we are required to vote at random for the entire game. I don't really know you people well enough to role call. As such, I am just guessing completely at random. Aonar was as good a guess anyway.

http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf-stats.html

If there are over one cultists anyway we stand an extremely low chance of winning. We're probably all gonna die.

@Nepene

I don't think that is very good reasoning for your vote. It's easy enough to find the players and the roles for the game. I'm still suspicious of you.

@Ratel

I don't think the fact that I made a list should make me automatically suspicious. While many spiked in games 1 and 2 used lists, they were never the domain of only the spiked. Aether was the main list maker in game 1, but many other players, most of them not spiked, also made lists. In game 2, it is true that the main list makers, Wilson and Aonar, were spiked, but they started making lists before they were spiked. I can't comment on game 3 because I didn't follow it much, but that must be where your comment about statistics comes in.

It is easy enough, but is there much purpose? With no role reveal we don't really have any good way to determine who is who. It wouldn't be that hard, but is there any real value in me picking one player over another?

For what it's worth, I actually intend to reveal special role holders as they were killed - none have been killed yet. I'll talk more about some of the decisions I made in the post mortem for the game, which I hope everyone will participate in.

What do you mean Caan?, you started it. You used to be cool :(

Warkel got out a sheet of Parchment, a quill, some ink, and some willowbark to chew on. The started writing.

The players: Posts by day (1/2/3) - _ indicates hasn’t posted in this cycle yet.

Adolin Dustbringer: (1/1/_)

Voted for due to assertion of innocence. Missed Nepene claiming innocence prior. Very quiet. 

Voted Faidh day one, no vote day 2

The Only Joe: (4/3/1)

Holidaying in Duladel.  Nice place pleasant weather.

Voted himself day 1.  Idiot :)

GreyPilgrim: (1/1/2)

Voted for me, how rude. No respect for elders.

Voted Joe Day One, Warkel Day Two

Aspren: (3/2/1)

Almost whisper quiet claims to be late for everything. Treat with caution.

No Votes

Mailliw73: Eviscerated (1/2/1)

Taken out early. Never really got to know them.

No votes

Gamma Fiend: Eviscerated (1/1_)

Likes adventures. On the greatest one now.

Voted Joe DAy One, Faidh day Two.  Both evicated.  Would be suspicious if she wasn't dead.

Alvron: (2/1/1)

Likes dried rabbit meat. Disgusting habit, likely to die of tuberculosis if this continues

Not Votes

lord Claincy Ffnord: (1/1/_)

Used to be cool. Finds me suspicious for asking for clarification on rules. Dodgy behaviour. Proven track record of sneakiness. Voted for out of retaliation and spite and becaseu he voted for me.  Will continue to do so.

Voted Warkel Days One and Two.

el_warko: (2/2/1)

Myself, old decrepid. Breath bad; farts worse. Senile and forgetful and demented and forgetful.

Voted Adolin Day One; Caan Day Two

Nepene: (1/3/5)

Talking more and more saying less and less.

No Vote Day One, Aodan Day 2.

AonarFaileas: Stormward Bound (1/4/_)

Made rookie accounting errors on how much time we had left early on in the piece. Made the broth last night, passable cook. Forgot the pepper.

No vote Day One; Kai Day two,

Luckat: (1/4/3)

Very verbose without saying much. Entrails dissapearing.  Kai is teh Maori word for eat/food - conincidence?

Voted Caan Day One, Faidh Day Two.

My thoughts:

Assuming cohesion within the group of cultists indicates Mailliw and Gamma were innocent. Voice in the sky has not mentioned alignment of Aonar and Joe. Given that, looks like game is to be played in the dark. Best case 2/2 innocents / innocents. worst case 3 innocents and the Priest. Priest hasn’t spoken up – fear of being targeted? Understandable.   If alive, is likely to have formed a block either with Caan and Greggin against me – vendetta?, or with some / all those whom smoteth Faidh.  Shouldn’t be going solo as that is pointless, unless they have turned to the darkside. *breaths heavily and exaggeratedly*

If not, form a block with those already sought. Whomever you take out, the Cultists will have a one in three chance of hitting you.  Best case your block stays at three, worst case you snuff it.

Actually on that, it's game over if we don't exile a cultist tonight isn't it.  Started 12, down to eight, six if we son't hit one which meams numbers are even, or do the cultists have to outnumber us?

Edited by el_warko

Joe: Sure. It's better than freezing to death in the mountains, even if Duladel's being controlled by power-hungry Derethi zealots. :P

Speaking of which, anybody know what time is this set relative to the Reod?  

Maill: You can be with us in spirit. :P

Cultists win if equal or greater. This is guaranteed by the rules, presuming that the cultists would kill an innocent each time. So the game effectively ends at that point.

Warkel shuffled up to the table where most had gathered soem were upstairs, some outside getting air".  He coughed three times and Boomed.

"Everyone in here now"

The common room filled up.  In a quieter voice he rasped:

"Attention Priest:

Please take a gamble and contact me.  We are all dead if you don't.  You must have either at least one person you can trust (though given that we are down 33% of the peoples starting that may be optimistic).

Please note that I am dead if the JK contact me pretending to be you, I'm also dead if I do nothing.  I will trust you and if you have scanned a cultist, I will vote as you suggest. If everyone piles on me for this request so be it nothing will be lost. In off chance that we are down 1 Warkel and 1 cultist tonight.  These are the people I suspect: 

Ffnord; Nepene and Asgren.

With a (dis) honourable mention to Luckat.

though given the rapid fire nature of this game I have litttle to go on but instinct."

He shuffled outside and lit his pipe.  He'd given up years ago.  He had very little time left either way.  A few puffs wouldn't kill him.

We have erred here quite badly people.  Given the rapid nature of this game we cant hold back our thoughts or our roles.  I personally was waiting for someone to speak up no one did.  Now it is likely too late.  We are two nights in and one THIRD of the players have been removed, all villagers.  The villager:cultist:priest ratio stands at 4:3:1 The Cultists have a prodigous advantage in that they can remove two players tonight if they vote in a block.  I get that the priest / cop doesn't want to die but your silence is killing us.  Look at it this way in future games by picking someone that first day and telling them your role (Assuming the same ruleset and role roster (nine villagers:three cultists:one priest) you have a 72.3% chance reaching out to a villager.  The odds are worth it IMO.

Warkel, I'm currently in contact with a Priest (since they've confirmed my role). As it's too much of a risk admitting to for them to admitting to being the priest in public, I'll be speaking for them (or at-least until I'm dead. Which will probably be soon).

In any case, there are a few points I want to make:

Firstly: If I could please direct all of your attention to Nepene's first post (link) If you are a villager It's my hope that you'll understand what I mean when I say that the way that Nepene phrased that post was odd. I don't think it'd be wise to say more than that in public. Contact me if you do get it.

Second: Being that in this game this game the votes are submitted by PM, the Followers have less information to work with in terms of which direction the votes are going to swing. If they thought it likely that one of their own would be voted for they would do as much as they could to make sure that they wouldn't be voted out. That's why it's highly likely that the Followers would need to put their votes together to ensure that the person they want to be voted out instead, is voted out. For that reason, I believe that at-least two of the people that voted for Aodan (Faidh) are Followers. Since Gamma is dead that leaves Alvron (Ratel), Nepene and Kai.

I've contacted Alvron in to see what he had to say. While he did take a while to reply to my PM (which I had sent in the beginning of the second cycle), and didn't do anything to dispel my suspicion of him (which isn't to say that that I confirmed that he is a Follower, just that he was defensive when I hadn't even accused him) there's no clear evidence to suggest that he is a Follower. 

Currently have no better suspicions than what I have for those three.

Warkel, Where did you see that it was said that there are three Followers? 

Aspren, I guessed three, I thought that a 25% cultist proportion was likely.

Good to know someone is in contact with the Priest.

Like I said at this stage we are far too close to end game to be too distrustful.  If there is a particular way you'd like me to vote let me know, either publicly or by PM.

I'm fine voting a particular way if you have a suspect. If you are in contact with the priest, maybe we can survive. Otherwise we're screwed. I am not a member of the mysteries, so killing me would be bad.

I phrased it that way because I hadn't read the roles in depth, not being a major role.

I shall be voting for Asgren this round.  He just shot to the top of my list.  Asgren did indeed contact me as he claimed BUT it was not at the time stated.  He sent the pm 5 hours BEFORE the end of day 2!! And not at the start of day 2.  Therefore he had plenty of time to vote before the end of day and did not in fact log in late.  I don't know if Asgren is indeed in contact with the priest but everything else he has stated so far has been false.  He also only started offering up ideas after he was called out.  His whole post sounds fishy to me

@Kai  It is true that not all the list makers were evil, but given the pattern I had to voice my thoughts.

Still waiting for Adolin to post by the way.  Got anything to say?

Edit:  Asgren also stated in the pm to me that Joe was the only one he was in contact with before he got voted out, but now he claims to be talking to the priest.

Edited by Alvron