City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

56 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

Hellbent nodded, stretching. "What happens now? We can't give Vesuvius Benson. We can't show weakness."

"We kill him. Vesuvius I mean."

"Stop him from detonating the bomb and then free the children."

Althea repeated his action, and then stepped through the appearing hole herself. It closed afterwards and left her standing outside. She had no problem to let Hellbent do the fighting, but still, something was off about the whole situation. Maybe Vesuvius really accepted something else and would leave after setting the children free.

Alarms sounded throughout the city. All army members poured out into the street, and the collection of teleportation people began evacuating them, group by group. Bases on the Earths, Scadrial, Roshar, Threnody, Sel, planets all over. They worked quick, going as fast as they could.

Althea shot a look at Hellbent and then switched to Shadesmar. She looked at the heap of blood and flesh and froze. Dead. A explosive? Probably. It took a lot to not start screaming, then she looked up when she heard steps. Zokora.

"You should read this."

She handed her some sheets and Althea read through them, then sighed.

"I understand."

Althea sighed and turned to go to government.

Edited by Sorana
Gancho replied

Due to Gancho's inactivity, I'll make a quick post of Vesuvius leaving the thread so we can continue it. If you come back soon Gancho, feel free to override it.

Vesuvius looked up towards the sky, his eyes widened.

"Plans have changed" He told them

"You can keep Benson. The children will be released"

Vesuvius looked at them and walked away calmly, he rounded a corner and disappeared.

"Well" Devaan replied in response to the situation.

"Dinner at your place?" He asked Althea.

Just now, Sorana said:

Althea's gone, sry...

Ok, Devaan's part to that post then. I'll rewrite it here

"Well" Devaan said out loud in response to that situation.

He looked at Benson.

"So what the Hell are we doing wit you?"

16 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Vesuvius looked up towards the sky, his eyes widened.

"Plans have changed" He told them

"You can keep Benson. The children will be released"

Vesuvius looked at them and walked away calmly, he rounded a corner and disappeared.

"Well" Devaan replied in response to the situation.

"Dinner at your place?" He asked Althea.

Hey guys! sorry i've been gone.

You did the right thing, Nohadon, but I think I'll override. Seeing as how recent this was, I hope you don't mind.

Vesuvius smiled as Hellbent crossed the forcefield. obviously, this man meant to attack. 

They made a mistake. The trap that would destroy the children was no ordinary trap. all they would do is maximize the damage.

"I hope you know what you're doing," Vesuvius growled. "Because your choices will have dire consequences,"

The child he had been holding had transported away. That hardly surprised him. He knew investitures in the alleyverse that could do such things.

However, whoever had done it had neglected to remove the small explosive embedded in the childn's arm. A simple bulge in the childn's skin.

Vesuvius pressed a small button on his alivened arm. The explosive went off.

Not that any of these people would know it, but it was still worthwhile. He could almost imagine the short scream.

Vesuvius met Hellbent's eyes. "Hand over Benson," he said. His last reminder.

6 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

You did the right thing, Nohadon, but I think I'll override. Seeing as how recent this was, I hope you don't mind.

Of course. It's good to have you back.

Devaan slipped into the front seat of Ronin.

"Benson. Do you still agree to the duel if we set you free now?" He asked him

11 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

"Yes. No investiture, no weapons." Benson shook his head. "Storm it, I'll die."

Devaan sighed. He expected this, of course.

Devaan threw Benson on the ground and smoothly inserted a tracking chip into his wrist, cutting open the skin. It attached itself to the vein. If it was to be ripped out, the vein would have to go as well. He also shoved another tracker in his mouth, handing him over to Vesuvius.

"Don't try to remove the tracker I put in his wrist. It'll probably kill him, It's got aluminium residue so investiture won't save him fast enough. That's stuck there. We'll come for him later."

Devaan went to leave and then remembered something.

"If you kill another kid with that detonator. I'll cut off your limbs and leave you to starve to death with a chaos fiend I trapped 17 years ago." He added before he left.

@Sorana & @I think I am here., I'm ready for Devaan to go to the house scene thread for dinner when you are.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:22 PM, Clever Username said:

Yup.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:20 AM, Sorana said:

Sorry, didn't you leave the kid in the Cognitive Realm, then come back? If so, you don't gotta edit anyhting. Vesuvius pressed the button once you returned.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:45 PM, beantheboy12 said:

"Yes. No investiture, no weapons." Benson shook his head. "Storm it, I'll die."

On 3/21/2019 at 10:39 PM, Nohadon said:

Devaan slipped into the front seat of Ronin.

"Benson. Do you still agree to the duel if we set you free now?" He asked him

On 3/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, Nohadon said:

Devaan sighed. He expected this, of course.

Devaan threw Benson on the ground and smoothly inserted a tracking chip into his wrist, cutting open the skin. It attached itself to the vein. If it was to be ripped out, the vein would have to go as well. He also shoved another tracker in his mouth, handing him over to Vesuvius.

"Don't try to remove the tracker I put in his wrist. It'll probably kill him, It's got aluminium residue so investiture won't save him fast enough. That's stuck there. We'll come for him later."

Devaan went to leave and then remembered something.

"If you kill another kid with that detonator. I'll cut off your limbs and leave you to starve to death with a chaos fiend I trapped 17 years ago." He added before he left.

@Sorana & @I think I am here., I'm ready for Devaan to go to the house scene thread for dinner when you are.

Let's do this!

Vesuvius nodded and picked Benson up off the ground. Of course, they'd put a tracker in him. He should have seen that coming.

Gee. Too bad Vesuvius was so intimidated by Devaan. The man's threats were so scary.

Gosh, what would Vesuvius do? If he crossed Davaan, then...

Then absolutely nothing.

Vesuvius picked Benson off the ground and sneered. 

"You better stay still, boy," he said."Twenty lives rest on your shoulders."

@Nohadon @Sorana @beantheboy12

Edited by Aon GanchoLibre

3 minutes ago, Aon GanchoLibre said:

Sorry, didn't you leave the kid in the Cognitive Realm, then come back? If so, you don't gotta edit anyhting. Vesuvius pressed the button once you returned.

She fetched the kid when she left the city and took him home, so I had to edit. She found what was left of him now, and left afterwards.

============

Edit:

What you did with benson feels really godmoddy to me. Maybe talk to bean? It's his character.

Edited by Sorana

3 minutes ago, Aon GanchoLibre said:

EDIT: Sorry. Didn't catch that, Sorana. Hope it wasn't too much of a hassle.

I'm not too fond of blowing up toddlers, but apart from that, editing was no problem.

Uhm so how do you want to go on? Characterwise only benson is still here. And NPCs of course.

23 hours ago, Sorana said:

I'm not too fond of blowing up toddlers, but apart from that, editing was no problem.

Thanks!

Also, I'll wrap this up fast.

19 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Benson held still.

Vesuvius stared at Benson for a long time. The crowd was beginning to disperse. They couldn't do anything, anyway. Why watch?

Vesuvius grinned. "You," he said, "Are going to have a blast with me. I'm excited for our time together,"

He grabbed Benson by the neck and started walking away from the city. He had done everything he needed too.

Wait... had he? Was there something he was forgetting?

Oh. Right. Absentmindedly, he pushed a detonator button. He could almost hear the explosion, the screams.

He smiled even wider.

@beantheboy12

Edited by Aon GanchoLibre