[Shardhunt Unlockable #5] The Emperor's Soul Deleted Prologue

Argent

Thanks for the link, Argent.

So Ralkalest is "the unForgeable element". That tells us it's elemental (or at the very least thought to be such) rather than an alloy that they intentionally go about creating on Sel. Score one for Team Aluminum.

And Hoid arranged the chance? Does that mean he orchestrated/facilitated the assassination attempt, or just nudged the Grands towards Shai as a solution? If the former, he's a bit more cold-blooded than we've yet seen.

Are there any theories as to what the scepter is? I would propose that it contains investiture from Aona or Skai, but Hoid was already on Sel? so he should have already gathered what he needed.

Thank the Stormfather! I've wanted to read this for a while, but didn't want to pay for whatever ebook it was to get it.

If you have a physical copy you can email brandon a picture of you with it and he'll send an ebook copy. (I don't think they've added this scene to it yet but I'm like 95% sure they are going to eventually?)

Score one for Team Aluminum.

Awww yusss! But I don't think Hoid actually orchestrated the entire situation around Shai's escape. My guess is that he nudged - Allomantically, perhaps - here and there, to make the Arbiters more likely to seek Shai's help.

Awww yusss! But I don't think Hoid actually orchestrated the entire situation around Shai's escape. My guess is that he nudged - Allomantically, perhaps - here and there, to make the Arbiters more likely to seek Shai's help.

I doubt Allomantically, he wouldn't have obtained the bead of lerasium yet.

Hmm, right. The Emperor's Soul is, what, 30 years after Elantris? Or am I thinking Elantris II here? Because I know Mistborn comes (several hundred?) years after Elantris, but I don't know where TES fits in.

YAY! I didn't want to hunt down the ebook version that has this, it's not on the kindle version yet. 

I don't know if we have any indication where TES fits into the Cosmere Timeline yet do we? Windrunner theorized that it was 30 years after Elantris. Elantris II was supposed to be 10 years after Elantris, which are both hundreds of years before Mistborn. 

EDIT: great thought on Ralkalest being Aluminum!

Edited by Green Hoodie Mistborn

Hmm, right. The Emperor's Soul is, what, 30 years after Elantris? Or am I thinking Elantris II here? Because I know Mistborn comes (several hundred?) years after Elantris, but I don't know where TES fits in.

IIRC it takes place after all 3, but don't quote me on it.

For sure, we know that Emperor's Soul takes place in the time where gyorns still exist, with a relative amount of power. (Of course, that tells us next to nothing. We really need to know more about Sel).

I concur that the order goes something like this.

Elantris 1 -> ten year gap -> Elantris 2 -> 2-3 decades -> TES -> few hundred years -> Mistborn Trilogy 1 -> few years -> Warbreaker -> slightly under 300 years -> AoL -> few years -> Stormlight Archives Part 1

Edited by PorridgeBrick

Aluminum does not combust. In the book it states that the unforgable metal can burn easily.

It does not say that. It says it's "not a very strong metal" and that the thin plates beyond the wall would melt if Shai burned "anthracite."

• Chaos locked this topic