[OB] Vyre's future

Probably just his personal assassin that is alot less morally restricted compared to Nale or one of his super-fighters. 

Inbefore Odium was preparing Taln 4.5k years in order for some random backup plan but since the Dalinar plan backfired Taln becomes his champion. It's even more tragic since we see his perspective as like a true hero but no matter how true his heart is 4.5k years of preparation by a God of Hate(or passion) still makes him his pawn. 

Then everybody especially @Steeldancer weeps in blood. 

13 minutes ago, goody153 said:

Probably just his personal assassin that is alot less morally restricted compared to Nale or one of his super-fighters. 

Inbefore Odium was preparing Taln 4.5k years in order for some random backup plan but since the Dalinar plan backfired Taln becomes his champion. It's even more tragic since we see his perspective as like a true hero but no matter how true his heart is 4.5k years of preparation by a God of Hate(or passion) still makes him his pawn. 

I actually put this idea forward prior to OB. 

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I actually put this idea forward prior to OB. 

And i hope you're wrong. Cause that's gonna hurt alot and i bet Sanderson is gonna make us love Taln so much(he is basically his favorite herald and favorite story so that's freaky) cause we already do with simply his one paragraph from OB lol 

We are gonna be a sobbing wreck if that happens and Elhokar's fall is gonna look like a walk in the park.

24 minutes ago, earthexile said:

So let's say Taln is tortured and twisted to see the other Heralds as his enemies, as nine entities that he's tied to and can't escape, nine opposites of himself.

Nine shadows?

"The burden of 9 become mine" epigraph remember ?

I don't like this theory. Sanderson leave Taln alone plx

9 hours ago, goody153 said:

I would quit SA. So, no. Taln will not become Odium’s champion. 

Sorry I can't remember whose theory this was, but I read somewhere that someone realized all the heralds were acting against their most notable traits. For example, Shalash, known for creativity is destroying art. Nale, Herald of Law, takes the law into his own hands. And Ishar, known for oaths and bonds, is responsible for a civil war in Tukar, I think. 

And according to Coppermind:

As patron of the Stonewards, Taln was a man who exemplified the traits they found valuable, including resolve, strength, and dependability.[4] He was also self-sacrificing, often allowing himself to be killed during Desolations in order to achieve victories thought to be impossible.[8] When men fight and die, nothing could prevent Taln from fighting alongside them.[15] This penchant for stubbornness as well as his selflessness are likely what allowed Taln to resist the torture in Damnation for over four thousand years to prevent a Desolation from coming to Roshar.

To me, the opposite of a selfless person, who's willing to give up their life for the cause they're fighting for, is someone who would betray everyone and go to the darkside.

Just to be clear, I'd hate for this to actually happen, and I'd probably cry if it did, but @goody153 and @earthexile points kinda persuaded me. :'(

20 hours ago, Gray to said:

Sorry I can't remember whose theory this was, but I read somewhere that someone realized all the heralds were acting against their most notable traits. For example, Shalash, known for creativity is destroying art. Nale, Herald of Law, takes the law into his own hands. And Ishar, known for oaths and bonds, is responsible for a civil war in Tukar, I think. 

I think the Heralds having broken the Oathpact is what has driven them to the opposites of their Heraldic idealizations. And Taln is the one who did not break the Oathpact. So I don't think that follows.

What's interesting is that they have still lived for 4,000 years. It appears that by unbonding their Honorblades they've lost their abilities to Surgebind (except for Nalan, who not only reclaimed his Blade but has also bonded a spren to become a Skybreaker KR himself), so keeping themselves alive for 4,000 years is still pretty difficult - they may be functionally immortal (somehow), but if they died from getting run over by a massive runaway chull cart or something, and couldn't heal with Stormlight, wouldn't their death send them back to Damnation? They wouldn't just "respawn" on Roshar.

Anyway, yes, I do think it's quite possible that Moash/Vyre will be Odium's champion. He may gain Surgebinding from bonding a Voidspren, while also having the Windrunner powers from Jezrien's blade. I don't think it's a coincidence that that's the Honorblade they gave him while also having him be the one to kill Jezrien himself with that special dagger.

The fact that he would thus be a Windrunner like the rest of Bridge Four is just gravy, to twist the dagger of betrayal in Kaladin even further.

I don't think Moash will be champ for the simple reason that alot of people in-world and not already hate him so making him champ would be anti-climactic. I don't think Taln could be the champ because he's set up at the ultimate good guy. I see George R.R. Martin doing that twist easily but not Sanderson. I fully expect the champ to someone readers like, just not Taln.

The Reason i think Taln is not going to be Odium's Champion, is that was happy that the other Heralds betrayed him, as he had never broken before, and gave humanity time to progress. Even if he does switch, other Heralds betraying him will not be the reason. I don't see any other reason. I see Moash as being set up as a backup champion if Dalinar failed(which he did), but am not sure as a lot of the story is still left, and it can go any other way.

The only other people who could possible be the champion is either Rlain, Renarin or Adolin, all three are good and liked and don't get much screen time, and we don't know if Odium is influencing them or not. I doubt its going to be anyone else on the bridge 4. Shallan vs Adolin clash could be very emotional, and that is the only reason i feel there is chance Adolin could be the champion.

There could also be something due to Renarin's future being dark.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:03 PM, Angsos said:

I don't think Moash will be champ for the simple reason that alot of people in-world and not already hate him so making him champ would be anti-climactic. I don't think Taln could be the champ because he's set up at the ultimate good guy. I see George R.R. Martin doing that twist easily but not Sanderson. I fully expect the champ to someone readers like, just not Taln.

But Moash/Vyre could easily become Odium's champion, and I feel like Odium is grooming him for that specific purpose, what with killing Jezrien with his Hemalurgy-but-not-Hemalurgy Voodoo knife

• Chaos locked this topic