Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

Tevarah flew in between Lopen and Septimus, he formed Tessi as a battle axe and threw in at Septimus took out his side knife and launched it at Lopen gave it a few lashings for extra speed and prepared his throwing spikes. This was his battle field, he had practiced years with his surges now was the time he got to use them.

Edited by Jehoiada

Kane awoke with a start. And the first thing he felt was pain, immense pain. Where was it coming from? Certainly it couldn't come from nowhere... 

Suddenly, his senses and his memories rushed back to him. He closed his eyes, to block off the blaring light. What had happened?

He remembered. Shelan had found him again, for the first time in many years. And... Shelan had controlled his mind. Forced him to do awful things. Kane... had killed Minag, hadn't he? No. This couldn't be happening. He'd been left for dead, bleeding from dozens of injuries, his spike half-ripped out. But he'd... survived? How had that happened?

"Stormlight." A soft voice answered.

"Quin? Kane asked, voice trembling. "I... broke my Oath. Did awful things. Killed a defenseless woman." Defenseless... And the only woman I've ever loved. Kane added mentally. 

"Not true." Quin whispered. "You were under Shelan's control. You couldn't do anything." 

"Quin. Don't you understand? I KILLED Minag!"

"Kane..."

"Stop. I don't want to talk anymore." Kane rolled onto his side. "Go away." He inhaled deeply, then sighed. Strangely, a puff of light was released as he exhaled. That's odd... Kane thought, observing the cloud of energy. Wait a minute. Kane glanced down at his chest. His pain... was gone. His wounds... we're healed. In that moment, Kane at last realized the full extent and power of Stormlight. 

"Rusts... I really am a Radiant, aren't I?"

"Well, not quite." Quin replied. "You can use Adhesion, though you haven't yet tried. Soon, however, when you swear your Second Ideal, you will indeed be a Radiant, with the powers of Gravitation at your will as well."

"Well, for now, I must use what I have." Kane began to slowly rotate his arms. He again closed his eyes. He stood up, gradually speeding the rotation. He opened his eyes whilst rotating his arms. The room around him was entirely made of stone, and there was no door or apparent exit. His prison cell until Shelan required his "services" again. If he did. "He closed his eyes once more, flowing suddenly into a kata, one he had learned from the JinDo warriors on Sel. Sel. The planet where he had met Mirag. A Teoin who was also Elantrian. But now she was dead, and Kane was the one who killed her. He shoved back his pain, feeling the Dor build up around him. He broke into a sprint, opening his eyes and charging at the wall. He extended his fist. With ease, he obliterated the wall. However, past the wall was the obstacle that was far more difficult to overcome. Shelan and two men, standing there. One of the two was Sidall, a Coinshot with a Lurcher Spike. The second was a Brute Ferring with a spike that doubled his power as a Brute. His name was Aquan. 

"Hello, Kane." Said Shelan. "So nice of you to join us." Kane jumped back in shock. 

"Quin..." 

"Inhale Stormlight, quick!" Quin shouted. Kane did so, feeling the awesome strength fill his tired bones. With ChayShan AND Stormlight at his fingertips, this would be simple. Childish. He charged Aquan, first. With a slam of his shoulder into Aquan's chest. He... blew the man into pieces. Angrily, Sidall charged Kane. Kane backhanded the man in the face, which... exploded him. Apparently, ChayShan combined with Stormlight was worse than lethal. 

Kane kept running, after noting than Shelan had run away. 

"Coward!" Kane shouted after him. He continued running. Soon, he had found his daggers, his vials, his metalminds, even his Soulcaster, in a guarded room. Continuing his flight, Kane at last left the building, a trail of destruction and death behind him. 

"Where to next?" Asked Quin.

"I have very few allies in the world. But one person who I know might be able to help me... is Rhazien.

someone elses character 

Soul lifted his new shardblades and charged into the battle, looking for Rhazien, but not to charge him.

”Rushing him clearly doesn’t work.” He muttered. 

Sorry I was gone. AP test.

Edited by LIFE&DEATH

Septimus cursed, tapping speed and compounding Zinc. Most Steelrunners could move at incredible speeds, but couldn't focus too much on what they were doing. Zinc cured that. To Septimus it was almost as if everyone else had frozen. He couldn't however lash like Tevarah, he was a Willshaper after all, moving with leaps. Tevarah was a Windrunner, and have a serious advantage up here. So he needed to ground him. Septimus took a handful of sand and threw it at Tevarah still tapping speed, he then controlled it inward surrounding Tevarah in a bubble of sand. He used this to force him down when he stopped tapping. 

To be honest, I'm not so sure that you have enough sand or how it would all work logistically, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Tevarah had sand in his eyes it stung and it wasn't just something you can heal with stormlight, he tried to rub it out but he still felt the grit in his eye, he felt himself being pushed down by the sand, he'd never had sand attack him before it was odd, but he had an idea, he pulled his canteen out and spun spilling the water on alot of the sand it slowed satisfactorily. He was able to lash out of the sand, but instead of going up he lashed down (hopeing to surprise his opponent), he had just enough time to orient himself towards the ground and there! He dove for Septimus formed a bat and swung at his head.

Edited by Jehoiada

@Blazenella, thanks. I don't think what I say through before it comes out of my mouth. Fingers. Thanks for understanding, and I believe you about the insults. 

"Fly as close to the ground as you can so that we aren't seen. Once we get to that stream, follow its course." Yzabet instructed after some time flying.

Also, I'm sorry, @Mraize. You're gonna have to get used to me not getting back until eleven or so. At least, eleven here. Midnight for you, I think.

Lopen compounded zinc and steel. Septimus' mini sandstorm was impressive for one so young and hamheaded, but to truly master sandmastery you had to learn Awakening. Lopen made a figure from the sand as the people around him were either frozen, or, in the case of Septimus, moving like they were trapped in tar. He then Awakened the figure, turning the sand red, and gave it a simple command: Kill Rhazien. It nodded, and broke up into a thousand individual ribbons, which encompassed Rhazien. But they couldn't touch the man. He was too... interconnected. Six shards had dominion over him, and in doing so made sure that he could never master the art of autonomy. But, no matter. Lopen ran up to the bubble of red sand, took back his breath, and took a sword that bled black out of his right scabbard. Hello! Would you like to destroy some evil today? And as Lopen heard these faithful words he ripped out Rhazien's spikes, stopped compounding steel and zinc, dropped the red bubble of sand, and swung at Rhazien with the sword to kill all.

Rashan awoke again, looming figure now directly over him. Rashan jumped in surprise, and tried to aim a punch at his foe, but he was without his steelminds, and was far too slow. The figure stepped to the side, dodging, and took out an atium spike, it's long, silvery surface reflecting the moonlight. Hemalurgy.

Edited by I think I am here.

It worked all I have to do now is conbine them, Tai thought to himself. He had finished one of the essence marks. He’d been working on these for little over two years.

He was surprised how well today went nearly every seal he tested took. He went over his notes again and started carving the final seal.

I'm with Lopen, just because he's done some crazy stuff in the past on the thread doesn't mean we should completely disregard everything he posts now.

Also sorry for the inactivity but I'm really busy this weekend, I'll probably be back for good around Monday afternoon and til then I'll check in every 24 hours or so.

I have got something.

The fool, Rhazien thought as he watched Lopen tear into Rhazien's illusionary self. Has he forgotten that I have Progression and illumination, in addition to my Transformation, Transportation, and Gravitation? Rhazien had sacrificed his wakefulness metalmind to fashion them into rudimentary spikes that he had stabbed into a deer and covered it with an illusion of himself. 

Rhazien continued flying in the direction that Yzabet said flying low to the ground covering them in the foliage. He had put a quick illusion over the pair of them as they flew to make it harder for people to spot them.

Soul reached Septimus and Tevarah, and lept forward and sliced the bat in half. Lashing out (not stormlight, just fast movement) Soul punched him as hard as he could, stormlight enhancing the blow and sending Tevarah flying 15 feet away. Soul advanced slowly towards him, spinning his shardblades in his hands.

"You chose the wrong side, Tevarah. I am sorry."  

@LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian You said these shardblades had interesting properties, what are they?

Yzabet took a moment to regain her sense of gravity, then looked him in the eyes. She laid her hand on a large tree. Narrative imperative dictated that a door should've opened in the trunk of the tree, revealing a secret hide-out. Instead, she used the majority of her Stormlight to encourage the tree to grow. Branches curled and wove into a high ceiling, and twigs wove into a loose wall. It was more of a tree-y cave than a room, but it would do.

"Here."

1 hour ago, LIFE&DEATH said:

Soul reached Septimus and Tevarah, and lept forward and sliced the bat in half. 

Umm thats Tessi (my spren) turned into a bat, but its ok she just got knocked away.

Tevarah was shocked! He hadn't seen Soul coming. Tevarah sucked in more stormlight, storms that was the last of it. He thought what his odds were against two of his former friends, he had seen them train he new he couldn't defeat them both. Soul was coming, so he did the only rational thing he could do he charged. He sprinted with a burst of stormlight going fast he formed Tessi and threw the short sword at soul, ten feet away now Soul moved his swords to block, five feet, but as soon as he got his swords up Tevarah slid summoning Tessi and swiping at both of Souls feet (Whatever happens to Souls feet ill leave up to him) Tevarah stood quickly and flew toward the city, knowing that Rhazien was safe, he still went slightly off from where Rhazien went, yet it may look as if he was following him. Hopefully he could leave without someone tracking him, but he knew the relentless assassins he had trained with they would not leave him alone not while he was still protecting Rhazien.

Edited by Jehoiada

35 minutes ago, Jehoiada said:

Umm thats Tessi (my spren) turned into a bat, but its ok she just got knocked away.

Sorry I must have missed that.

Soul jumped and lashed himself skyward as fast as possible, but one of his feet got sliced by the Shardblade. Intense pain shot through his leg, then nothing. 

No...I can’t feel my leg! 

Soul collapsed back on the ground. Stormlight rushed into him in an attempt to heal it but nothing. He was still unable to heal. Grabbing his swords, and using one of them to push himself up, Soul glances to where Teverah flew off to. Grimacing he lashed himself to follow. Soon he would know that even with one functioning leg, Soul was still a force to be reckoned with.