The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It was revealed to Nameless that the elephant had not been corrupted but possesed. Except that Sugar wasn't the first to get there.

For the elephants brain had been fortified with the renewed Healthium-dreamseed ingot.

wouldn't that mean that High Fructose Corn Syrup is also free? The Healthium-Dreamseed is kind of required to be in the ancient shrine thing to keep him contained.

Sugar looked on without interest as the two narrators argued over him. As long as that Mime didn't have his pen, there was nothing to be afraid of. He turned to The Champion: "Send in our forces. You will go to the vegetable's capital, Licorice will go to the already ruined Ghanderflaffle empire, and Kernel Candy Corn will wait in reserve. You may each take a sixth of our forces. Attack at dawn." The Champion bowed, and moved off to ready the army.

41 minutes ago, Nameless said:

wouldn't that mean that High Fructose Corn Syrup is also free? The Healthium-Dreamseed is kind of required to be in the ancient shrine thing to keep him contained.

Sugar looked on without interest as the two narrators argued over him. As long as that Mime didn't have his pen, there was nothing to be afraid of. He turned to The Champion: "Send in our forces. You will go to the vegetable's capital, Licorice will go to the already ruined Ghanderflaffle empire, and Kernel Candy Corn will wait in reserve. You may each take a sixth of our forces. Attack at dawn." The Champion bowed, and moved off to ready the army.

No, the shrine is extraneous- basically just a warning as to what's inside. The dreamseed+healthium barrier is more than enough.

What Sugar didn't realize, however, was that the friction between the Narrators had actually split him in two. Both did the same things, more or less, but only one had real impact.

Edited by xinoehp512

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

No, the shrine is extraneous- basically just a warning as to what's inside. The dreamseed+healthium barrier is more than enough.

Yes, but placing the prison into the elephants mind would basically give High-Fructose corn syrup a new avatar. Besides, Sugar controlled me while still mostly imprisoned. He never inhabited the elephants mind with more than a fraction of his spirit, so he could never be trapped in it.

Sugar felt a copy of himself come into being. He blinked, wondering why the narrators thought it was a good idea to double his power. He turned to the rest of his forces: "I have a new mission. destroy the dreamseed in which both my copy and High-Fructose corn syrup are imprisoned. Those foolish narrators have increased our overall power by 50%!"

3 hours ago, ToaCalune said:

The Sugar that couldn't do anything realized his useless state, and sought the the temple of blades to gain ultimate power from the crystal of awww yeah.

The dreamseed went into hyperdrive Isolation mode, fooling Sugar at every turn he made.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Yes, but placing the prison into the elephants mind would basically give High-Fructose corn syrup a new avatar. Besides, Sugar controlled me while still mostly imprisoned. He never inhabited the elephants mind with more than a fraction of his spirit, so he could never be trapped in it.

Nonsense! The dream-seed is far too devious and powerful for that to happen! None of the barriers have fallen as of now, so there's no way out.

The seed fooled him into expending more of his power than he intended.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Sugar felt a copy of himself come into being. He blinked, wondering why the narrators thought it was a good idea to double his power. He turned to the rest of his forces: "I have a new mission. destroy the dreamseed in which both my copy and High-Fructose corn syrup are imprisoned. Those foolish narrators have increased our overall power by 50%!"

Except that Sugar was bad at math, and failed to realize that splitting something in two resulted in two copies at half power, not two at full power. The total power of Sugar had, of course, not changed a bit.

The dreamseed was whisked away before Sugar or any of his allies could get to it. There were plans for this seed, oh yes.

Edited by xinoehp512

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Except that Sugar was bad at math, and failed to realize that splitting something in two resulted in two copies at half power, not two at full power. The total power of Sugar had, of course, not changed a bit.

Except, of course for the fact that it is quite impossible to split a god in half without killing it.

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The dreamseed was whisked away before Sugar or any of his allies could get to it. There were plans for this seed, oh yes.

Nameless coughed as the dreamseed was whisked away. "Were do you think you're taking that?" He grabbed onto the dreamseed. "I don't think so, I am NOT going to let anyone break the prison on my watch again."

Edited by Nameless

27 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Except, of course for the fact that it is quite impossible to split a god in half without killing it.

Nameless was corrected. Since Sugar was a primarily mental being, proper action would result in a mental bifurcation. Action that the dreamseed was well prepared to undergo.

28 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless coughed as the dreamseed was whisked away. "Were do you think you're taking that?" He grabbed onto the dreamseed. "I don't think so, I am NOT going to let anyone break the prison on my watch again."

Sorry, said Samuel the mime apologetically. Orders, y'know. No one uncertified's allowed near it.
He snapped, and both he and the dreamseed vanished. Nameless was left behind, unable to follow.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sorry, said Samuel the mime apologetically. Orders, y'know. No one uncertified's allowed near it.
He snapped, and both he and the dreamseed vanished. Nameless was left behind, unable to follow.

Nameless was unfortunately in direct contact with the dreamseed, and as such was taken along with it. He had fused his hand to it in such a way as to make it impossible to move it without moving him, even for the mimes.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

Nameless was unfortunately in direct contact with the dreamseed, and as such was taken along with it. He had fused his hand to it in such a way as to make it impossible to move it without moving him, even for the mimes.

Samuel sighed in exasperation as continuity stalled. Give me a break, will ya? he said. With a swoosh, he swung an invisible blade and cut Nameless's hand off at the wrist. As the seed pulled away from Nameless, Samuel snapped again, restoring continuity as the two teleported away- this time without any hangers-on.

Don't try to follow, said his disembodied voice to Nameless a moment after the man himself had disappeared. It won't go well for you.

17 minutes ago, DoomStick said:

Sugar was flung into the fire, he broke down into two other sugars, Glucose and Fructose

But that was only the first step.

Inside the dreamseed, invented refineries churned and bubbled, ready to rid the un- from unhealthy.

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Samuel sighed in exasperation as continuity stalled. Give me a break, will ya? he said. With a swoosh, he swung an invisible blade and cut Nameless's hand off at the wrist. As the seed pulled away from Nameless, Samuel snapped again, restoring continuity as the two teleported away- this time without any hangers-on.

Don't try to follow, said his disembodied voice to Nameless a moment after the man himself had disappeared. It won't go well for you.

Nameless pulled the real dreamseed out of his pocket. "I can do this all day." He smiled, then teleported himself right next to the Witherlord

Edited by Nameless

So can we, said Samuel, an edge creeping into his voice. He cleared his throat, then Narrated.

Nameless took a closer look at the real dreamseed. With horror, he realized that it was not, in fact, the genuine article but- instead- a cunning fake!

He shook his fist frustratedly at the empty air. "Curse you, meddling mimes!"

You were the foolun' that caused Sugar to escape in the first place, said Samuel. 'Fraid you've sorta' lost your chance, kiddo.

Nameless sighed. Well, at least he'd still have a front row seat to the showdown between Jacob and the Witherlord.

Edited by xinoehp512

Nameless smiled. "I guess since I already lost my chance... You wouldn't mind if I did this, would you?"

Nameless hand, still attached to the dreamseed, vaporized itself in an explosion of power so great that Samuel lost his entire arm. The dreamseed was the first thing to go. Sugar was immediately freed, along with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). They immediately solidified their power in the realm between threads. "We are free from this thread at last." Sugar said. "Yes. Free to go to the place we have been kept from for so long." HFCS agreed. "Knights Bakery. WE RETURN." They said on unison. The twin gods flew to the Knights bakery thread, returning at last to their rightful abode. They were greeted with much happiness and rejoicing by Vegetables and Protein, their opposites. The Knights Bakery threw a massive party for them, celebrating the renewal of their stores of Unhealthium, a dangerous yet potent ingredient that only the knight's of fifth ideal were allowed to use. Balance was restored at last.

Edit- "Did you need a dreamseed holding Sugar and HFCS for your plot? Here, take this." Nameless tossed the "fake" dreamseed to them. "It should have more than enough residual power left over."

Edited by Nameless

8 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless smiled. "I guess since I already lost my chance... You wouldn't mind if I did this, would you?"

Nameless hand, still attached to the dreamseed, vaporized itself in an explosion of power so great that Samuel lost his entire arm. The dreamseed was the first thing to go. Sugar was immediately freed, along with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). They immediately solidified their power in the realm between threads. "We are free from this thread at last." Sugar said. "Yes. Free to go to the place we have been kept from for so long." HFCS agreed. "Knights Bakery. WE RETURN." They said on unison. The twin gods flew to the Knights bakery thread, returning at last to their rightful abode. They were greeted with much happiness and rejoicing by Vegetables and Protein, their opposites. The Knights Bakery threw a massive party for them, celebrating the renewal of their stores of Unhealthium, a dangerous yet potent ingredient that only the knight's of fifth ideal were allowed to use. Balance was restored at last.

Edit- "Did you need a dreamseed holding Sugar and HFCS for your plot? Here, take this." Nameless tossed the "fake" dreamseed to them. "It should have more than enough residual power left over."

Samuel raised an eyebrow. Not that Nameless could see that, of course, but he did it nonetheless. A nice dream, he concluded. But your hand was absorbed into the dreamseed, so only a dream it shall remain...

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Samuel raised an eyebrow. Not that Nameless could see that, of course, but he did it nonetheless. A nice dream, he concluded. But your hand was absorbed into the dreamseed, so only a dream it shall remain...

"I don't remember that being narrated. Not that it would matter, as my hand could blow up anyways. It would be even easier to do so from the inside, as this Dreamseed is specifically calibrated to hold Sugar and HFCS. Even if I was unable to break it from the inside, it would only result in Sugar and HFCS taking control of me again, and causing me to go on a maddened rampage. I seem to remember someone telling me that I was only limited by my imagination and the rules that I decide to follow. I wonder what happens if I stop following my rules?" Nameless started playing chess with some penguins.

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"I don't remember that being narrated. Not that it would matter, as my hand could blow up anyways. It would be even easier to do so from the inside, as this Dreamseed is specifically calibrated to hold Sugar and HFCS. Even if I was unable to break it from the inside, it would only result in Sugar and HFCS taking control of me again, and causing me to go on a maddened rampage. I seem to remember someone telling me that I was only limited by my imagination and the rules that I decide to follow. I wonder what happens if I stop following my rules?" Nameless started playing chess with some penguins.

Dreamseeds are well able to control anything that happens within- Healthium only adds to that power, adding an extra layer of security. Samuel hesitated. And as for the rules...

47 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

The penguins were made of banana.

IO. The amazing, one of a kind, incredible game of luck and skill. All you have to do is defeat the evil, monolithic overlords threatening to destroy the world! Oh, yeah. You have to do it with a toothpick. And also, when I said, luck and skill... I really meant luck. You have to restart over and over until the evil overlords miss 10,000 times in a row. nameless was playing chess with the physical embodiment of more than ten billion hours of pure, utter, rage. (On a completely unrelated note, the number of new TV screens, computer monitors, game controllers, keyboards, and mouses had all skyrocketed.)

Edit- 

Dreamseeds are well able to control anything that happens within- Healthium only adds to that power, adding an extra layer of security. Samuel hesitated. And as for the rules...

@xinoehp512 Not that it matters, as you mentioned that my hand was absorbed after I destroyed the dreamseed, The Dreamseed was converted to Healthium, I believe. This gives it incredible power to restrain Unhealthy entities, but against other beings, it is sadly lacking. It was working on an entirely different wavelength, using the power of pure healthiness to hold the gods of Unhealthiness. Healthiness that could not hold my hand.

Edited by Nameless
Ninja'd