The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless looked at Platypus, ignoring the Narration being stolen from him. "Do you have any idea how often someone's tried this trick on me?"

It was at this point that several upstanding citizens showed up and offered her an incredible business opportunity: Lily could give them all of her money and valuables, and in exchange they wouldn't stab her and take all her valuables anyways. If Lily turned their offer down, they assured her that she would never get another one like it ever again.

Platypus looked at him. "Just a distraction for my true goal." The ground below Nameless burst into spikes, and the sphere increased in weight drastically, dragging his hand down.

9 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

It was at this point that several upstanding citizens showed up and offered her an incredible business opportunity: Lily could give them all of her money and valuables, and in exchange they wouldn't stab her and take all her valuables anyways. If Lily turned their offer down, they assured her that she would never get another one like it ever again.

"You all seem like nice people-" Lily said. "Unfortunately, I am out of any and all forms of money. This dress doesn't have any pockets, and I still don't know how I got here."

Edited by PrestoTheMagnificent
add quotations

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus looked at him. "Just a distraction for my true goal." The ground below Nameless burst into spikes, and the sphere increased in weight drastically, dragging his hand down.

Nameless summoned his Narrationblade and cut off the hand that held the sphere, then leapt into the air before the spikes could reach him. He hovered there, looking down on Platypus. "You're getting there. What else do you have up your sleeve?"

1 hour ago, Nameless* said:

The void outside the hole was about as Jeremy had expected it to be*, but for the moment at least it seemed survivable.

You're alive? The voice seemed to come from nowhere, which wasn't surprising considering there wasn't anywhere for it to come from. We got lucky. None of them are around.

*If he'd expected it to be so dark that it was impossible to see anything, so empty that it was impossible to feel anything, and so void-ish that it threatened to melt his brain.

AAAAAAAAAA responded Jeremy*. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Not in an insane way. Just a terrified way.

2 minutes ago, PrestoTheMagnificent said:

"You all seem like nice people-" Lily said- unfortunately, I am out of any and all forms of money. This dress doesn't have any pockets, and I still don't know how I got here.

The upstanding citizens went into a huddle and had a whispered conversation. When they came back, they had a new business proposal: They'd give Lily a lesson in hemalurgy, in exchange for using her soul to create just one spike.

41 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Yes Sequence, you passed. What kind of weapon will help you, considering Conflict's power?"

Sequence paused, thinking. “I suppose.. I don’t really know. I want something unique, something different. Something that can help me protect people, not just destroy, you know? I was thinking something other than a sword, since that’s pretty common. Maybe like.. hm. I don’t know much about weapons. What do you suggest?”

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

AAAAAAAAAA responded Jeremy*. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Not in an insane way. Just a terrified way.

Please do your best to avoid feeling extreme emotion.  They’ll notice us far more quickly if you do that. Well, notice you far more quickly. They won’t care about me.

4 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence paused, thinking. “I suppose.. I don’t really know. I want something unique, something different. Something that can help me protect people, not just destroy, you know? I was thinking something other than a sword, since that’s pretty common. Maybe like.. hm. I don’t know much about weapons. What do you suggest?”

“I could make you a mop. Is a mop good?” 

15 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

“I could make you a mop. Is a mop good?” 

Sequence blinked at the Dreamsmith. “I was thinking maybe more like.. one of those chain-knife things maybe. I’ve always wanted one of those.. Y’know, like the knife that’s on the end of a chain and you swing it around and do cool tricks with it? How about that?”

Nameless summoned his Narrationblade and cut off the hand that held the sphere, then leapt into the air before the spikes could reach him. He hovered there, looking down on Platypus. "You're getting there. What else do you have up your sleeve?"

The spikes shot after Nameless, attacking him. The beam that moved to Nameless' chest hit it, and the sphere rapidly approached the glowing point.

Please do your best to avoid feeling extreme emotion.  They’ll notice us far more quickly if you do that. Well, notice you far more quickly. They won’t care about me.

While this was no doubt excellent advice, and Jeremy would certainly have complied, he was, unfortunately, completely unable to hear it.*

*Due to all the mental screaming.

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The upstanding citizens went into a huddle and had a whispered conversation. When they came back, they had a new business proposal: They'd give Lily a lesson in hemalurgy, in exchange for using her soul to create just one spike.

"So, let me get this straight. This will take one of my souls out of my body? Sounds good to me!" Lily agrees to learn about Hemalurgy, as She screams from inside of her.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:42 PM, Sequence said:

Sequence blinked at the Dreamsmith. “I was thinking maybe more like.. one of those chain-knife things maybe. I’ve always wanted one of those.. Y’know, like the knife that’s on the end of a chain and you swing it around and do cool tricks with it? How about that?”

The Dreamsmith frowned. "I suppose I could make you something like that. Perhaps a dagger on an invisible chain with has a mind of its own?"

On 11/8/2023 at 1:42 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

The spikes shot after Nameless, attacking him. The beam that moved to Nameless' chest hit it, and the sphere rapidly approached the glowing point.

"Much better! Glowy bits are almost always weak points in my experience." Nameless grabbed the sphere before it could reach his chest, allowing the spikes to engulf him.

On 11/8/2023 at 1:43 PM, xinoehp512 said:

While this was no doubt excellent advice, and Jeremy would certainly have complied, he was, unfortunately, completely unable to hear it.*

*Due to all the mental screaming.

"Please SHUT UP!" Jeremy felt an icy coldness on his arm as something he couldn't see grabbed him with what felt like claws. "That noise is very annoying. Makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to take you through this place. It'd be so much nicer to just... let them have you."

On 11/9/2023 at 11:29 AM, PrestoTheMagnificent said:

Lily turns toward the explosion, rushing over to see if anyone needs help

The upstanding citizens decide to perhaps find other targets for their business proposal, as dealing with insane people who possibly had magical powers was somewhat outside of their ordinary field of operations.

10 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Much better! Glowy bits are almost always weak points in my experience." Nameless grabbed the sphere before it could reach his chest, allowing the spikes to engulf him.

The beam extending from the sphere poked into the glowing point as more beams sprouted out around Nameless' hand, forbidding him from letting go of the sphere. The spikes crashed towards him, forming a cage, and moved towards him, slowly closing in. Occasionally as the cage got smaller, the extra spikes would rush forward at Nameless' glowing point.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

The beam extending from the sphere poked into the glowing point as more beams sprouted out around Nameless' hand, forbidding him from letting go of the sphere. The spikes crashed towards him, forming a cage, and moved towards him, slowly closing in. Occasionally as the cage got smaller, the extra spikes would rush forward at Nameless' glowing point.

Nameless ignored the spikes, simply healing any damage they caused him. Instead he focused on the sphere in his hand, pouring Narrative energy into it.

Just now, Nameless* said:

Nameless ignored the spikes, simply healing any damage they caused him. Instead he focused on the sphere in his hand, pouring Narrative energy into it.

The sphere absorbed his energy, pouring back into putting out more beams and spikes to attack him.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

The sphere absorbed his energy, pouring back into putting out more beams and spikes to attack him.

Nameless pulled his medallion from his pocket with his free hand, then pressed it to the sphere. A moment later the sphere, the beams, and the spikes all exploded violently, shaking the entire arena.

Nameless appeared in front of Platypus, completely unscathed. “My turn.”

The ground around Platypus shook, and he found himself standing in two places at once.

3 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless pulled his medallion from his pocket with his free hand, then pressed it to the sphere. A moment later the sphere, the beams, and the spikes all exploded violently, shaking the entire arena.

Nameless appeared in front of Platypus, completely unscathed. “My turn.”

The ground around Platypus shook, and he found himself standing in two places at once.

One Platypus moved and the other Platypus moved the opposite direction. "This just gives me an advantage Nameless. I'd like to think you know what you're doing." 

11 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Please SHUT UP!" Jeremy felt an icy coldness on his arm as something he couldn't see grabbed him with what felt like claws. "That noise is very annoying. Makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to take you through this place. It'd be so much nicer to just... let them have you."

While this would not normally be something one would expect to cause a reduction in screaming*, oddly enough that was exactly what happened. Jeremy froze, utterly petrified. If he'd had the capacity to feel anything but terror, he would have regretted his decision to enter The Void profoundly.

*I, at least, would be wearing my lungs out at this.**
**Metaphorically speaking, of course. No air and all that.

Edited by xinoehp512

11 hours ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith frowned. "I suppose I could make you something like that. Perhaps a dagger on an invisible chain with has a mind of its own?"

Sequence's eyes sparkled. "Oh my.. that sounds lovely. If you please. Do you need me to gather any.. materials or anything? I feel kind of bad not contributing anything."

37 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

One Platypus moved and the other Platypus moved the opposite direction. "This just gives me an advantage Nameless. I'd like to think you know what you're doing." 

"It gives you an advantage, does it?" The ground shook again, and Platypus stood in four places. Then eight. Then sixteen. Soon, Platypus had hundreds of versions of himself standing in front of Nameless, who summoned his Narrationblade confidently. "We'll see about that."

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

While this would not normally be something one would expect to cause a reduction in screaming*, oddly enough that was exactly what happened. Jeremy froze, utterly petrified. If he'd had the capacity to feel anything but terror, he would have regretted his decision to enter The Void profoundly.

*I, at least, would be wearing my lungs out at this.**
**Metaphorically speaking, of course. No air and all that.

That's much better, thanks. The grip on Jeremy's arm slacked as something appeared out of the endless nothingness, a wall of light seemed to stretch into infinity. We're here.

20 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence's eyes sparkled. "Oh my.. that sounds lovely. If you please. Do you need me to gather any.. materials or anything? I feel kind of bad not contributing anything."

"Let me put your mind at rest. You'll contribute everything. Our worlds are not compatible. What is real in your world is unreal in this one, and vice versa. I can't use anything from here to make your weapon, not unless you're okay with your weapon being partly imaginary once you leave here."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Let me put your mind at rest. You'll contribute everything. Our worlds are not compatible. What is real in your world is unreal in this one, and vice versa. I can't use anything from here to make your weapon, not unless you're okay with your weapon being partly imaginary once you leave here."

"Ah yeah.. I suppose that makes sense. And, another mind test? It isn't anything like... Omen's test, is it?" Sequence shuddered, wrapping her arms around herself.