The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

7 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Contrary to Sequence's expectations, the door opened to reveal a workshop. The Dreamsmith sat at one end of the room, fitting a gear onto a small model.

Sequence jumped through the door and slammed it shut, breathing heavily and clutching her spear in her hands with her back to the closed door. “.. H-hello?”

8 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I am. But I am a fool that knows it, which will always be better than the other kind." Platypus wrenched the Blade out of Nameless' hands. The light that moved toward Platypus faded as it neared him, disappearing before it arrives.

"You have no idea what you're doing." Nameless shrugged. "Still, at least you're confident. I can respect that, even if I can't respect your reasons for confidence." He cracked his knuckles. "We should finish this quickly, don't you agree? Every moment we waste here is another moment that Darkness is running free."

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Anything to get out of here," said Jeremy vehemently.

"Well if you're sure..." A jagged hole in reality appeared in front of Jeremy, opening into a seemingly endless void filled with darkness.

1 hour ago, Sequence said:

Sequence jumped through the door and slammed it shut, breathing heavily and clutching her spear in her hands with her back to the closed door. “.. H-hello?”

The Dreamsmith turned around, noticing Sequence. "Oh, hello Sequence. You're here already? I..." He trailed off, noticing the clockwork creature. "So that's where you got off to. I should've known you'd want to help her." He turned his attention back to Sequence. "So, you've come for another weapon? I haven't made one for a Narrator before, so this should be fun."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith turned around, noticing Sequence. "Oh, hello Sequence. You're here already? I..." He trailed off, noticing the clockwork creature. "So that's where you got off to. I should've known you'd want to help her." He turned his attention back to Sequence. "So, you've come for another weapon? I haven't made one for a Narrator before, so this should be fun."

Sequence stared at the Dreamsmith for a moment, not leaving her spot at the door. “.. What was that..? In there?” She asked under her breath. “And what is that?” She pointed at the clockwork creature. “Where did you find it?” Once upon a time she found creatures like that cute, but looking at it, all she could think of was.. Sequence shuddered.

Just now, Sequence said:

Sequence stared at the Dreamsmith for a moment, not leaving her spot at the door. “.. What was that..? In there?” She asked under her breath. “And what is that?” She pointed at the clockwork creature. “Where did you find it?” Once upon a time she found creatures like that cute, but looking at it, all she could think of was.. Sequence shuddered.

The Dreamsmith smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry about the test. Omen has been trying to step up his game, and I can't really stop him from doing whatever he wants in regards to testing, as he is the only pathway to me." The clockwork creature scuttled over to the Dreamsmith, who picked it up. "As for what this is and where I found it, I think you already know the answer to those questions."

18 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"Well if you're sure..." A jagged hole in reality appeared in front of Jeremy, opening into a seemingly endless void filled with darkness.

Jeremy peeked into the hole.

"You first," he said, his voice a little less confident than before.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy peeked into the hole.

"You first," he said, his voice a little less confident than before.

The shadowed figure shrugged, walking up to the hole and hopping through. He immediately vanished, and the hole in reality looked exactly as it had before.

7 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The Dreamsmith smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry about the test. Omen has been trying to step up his game, and I can't really stop him from doing whatever he wants in regards to testing, as he is the only pathway to me." The clockwork creature scuttled over to the Dreamsmith, who picked it up. "As for what this is and where I found it, I think you already know the answer to those questions."

Sequence slowly stepped away from the door. Staring at the clockwork creature. “.. I thought they’d all be dead by now.”

Just now, Sequence said:

Sequence slowly stepped away from the door. Staring at the clockwork creature. “.. I thought they’d all be dead by now.”

"They are. Or, well, I assume they are. I never checked in on that universe again. I found this one forgotten, so I fixed him up."

6 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The shadowed figure shrugged, walking up to the hole and hopping through. He immediately vanished, and the hole in reality looked exactly as it had before.

Jeremy stared at the hole, which looked disturbingly like a mouth ready to swallow him whole.

With the departure of the nameless stranger, he stood once again alone on the plain. Were it not for this, he may never have found the courage to step through the whole into possible death and certain uncertainty. But the silence and solitude were deafening. In the end, anything was better than staying here alone.*

Jeremy took a deep breath and stepped through the portal.

*This was, of course, dead wrong. There were much, much worse things than eternal solitude in the Field, even if said field was a bit boring**. As he would discover, in time.
**Well, extremely boring.

11 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"You have no idea what you're doing." Nameless shrugged. "Still, at least you're confident. I can respect that, even if I can't respect your reasons for confidence." He cracked his knuckles. "We should finish this quickly, don't you agree? Every moment we waste here is another moment that Darkness is running free."

"Compared to one that has been around for as long as you, no. But compared to many Narrators, I know far more." Platypus grinned. "I've just been waiting on you," he said with a smirk.

12 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"They are. Or, well, I assume they are. I never checked in on that universe again. I found this one forgotten, so I fixed him up."

“I knew one like him once…” Sequence shuddered again, shaking her head. “Anyways.. is that it? Have I passed?”

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jeremy stared at the hole, which looked disturbingly like a mouth ready to swallow him whole.

With the departure of the nameless stranger, he stood once again alone on the plain. Were it not for this, he may never have found the courage to step through the whole into possible death and certain uncertainty. But the silence and solitude were deafening. In the end, anything was better than staying here alone.*

Jeremy took a deep breath and stepped through the portal.

*This was, of course, dead wrong. There were much, much worse things than eternal solitude in the Field, even if said field was a bit boring**. As he would discover, in time.
**Well, extremely boring.

The void outside the hole was about as Jeremy had expected it to be*, but for the moment at least it seemed survivable.

You're alive? The voice seemed to come from nowhere, which wasn't surprising considering there wasn't anywhere for it to come from. We got lucky. None of them are around.

*If he'd expected it to be so dark that it was impossible to see anything, so empty that it was impossible to feel anything, and so void-ish that it threatened to melt his brain.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Compared to one that has been around for as long as you, no. But compared to many Narrators, I know far more." Platypus grinned. "I've just been waiting on you," he said with a smirk.

"Well stop waiting on me and get this over with. Do whatever you think is necessary to beat me."

20 minutes ago, Sequence said:

“I knew one like him once…” Sequence shuddered again, shaking her head. “Anyways.. is that it? Have I passed?”

"Yes Sequence, you passed. What kind of weapon will help you, considering Conflict's power?"

15 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The void outside the hole was about as Jeremy had expected it to be*, but for the moment at least it seemed survivable.

You're alive? The voice seemed to come from nowhere, which wasn't surprising considering there wasn't anywhere for it to come from. We got lucky. None of them are around.

*If he'd expected it to be so dark that it was impossible to see anything, so empty that it was impossible to feel anything, and so void-ish that it threatened to melt his brain.

"Well stop waiting on me and get this over with. Do whatever you think is necessary to beat me."

"Yes Sequence, you passed. What kind of weapon will help you, considering Conflict's power?"

Platypus' Blade faded, and he two-handed Vengeance. He thought about why he needed revenge on Nameless, and Vengeance glowed with an unholy anti-light. Vengeance moved in a swing, faster than most people would be able to track, with a power that could snap Blades, directly towards Nameless.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus' Blade faded, and he two-handed Vengeance. He thought about why he needed revenge on Nameless, and Vengeance glowed with an unholy anti-light. Vengeance moved in a swing, faster than most people would be able to track, with a power that could snap Blades, directly towards Nameless.

Nameless ducked Vengeance easily. "You've been relying almost entirely on Vengeance for the whole fight. Don't you have any powers of your own?"

The bartended handed She a cup of horneater white.

She took a long whiff of the cup, shrugged, and took a swig. She felt her throat burning as she ran for the nearest water barrel. "WHAT DID YOU FEED ME???" She practically screamed.

love how there's horneater white here haha

2 minutes ago, PrestoTheMagnificent said:

She took a long whiff of the cup, shrugged, and took a swig. She felt her throat burning as she ran for the nearest water barrel. "WHAT DID YOU FEED ME???" She practically screamed.

"Horneater white. You wanted the weakest drink we had, right? Well that's it. I wouldn't drink that water by the way."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

"Horneater white. You wanted the weakest drink we had, right? Well that's it. I wouldn't drink that water by the way."

She's eyes bulged out of her head as the gulp of holy water went into her system. She ran out of the bar, screaming, threw up in a dumpster, and fell asleep.

24 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless ducked Vengeance easily. "You've been relying almost entirely on Vengeance for the whole fight. Don't you have any powers of your own?"

"Relying? I haven't. I've barely even drawn from it. And yes, but my Author doesn't want to give them away yet." A small orb rolled between Nameless' legs from behind.

1 minute ago, PrestoTheMagnificent said:

She's eyes bulged out of her head as the gulp of holy water went into her system. She ran out of the bar, screaming, threw up in a dumpster, and fell asleep.

The bartender was glad She hadn't burst into flames or exploded like people generally did after drinking the holy water.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Relying? I haven't. I've barely even drawn from it. And yes, but my Author doesn't want to give them away yet." A small orb rolled between Nameless' legs from behind.

Nameless picked it up. "What's this? A prison? explosive? Narration-stealing thingy?" 

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

The bartender was glad She hadn't burst into flames or exploded like people generally did after drinking the holy water.

Nameless picked it up. "What's this? A prison? explosive? Narration-stealing thingy?" 

A beam shot out of it, towards the glowing point on Nameless' chest. Six more beams wrapped around his hand, holding it to the ball as it began funneling Narration out of him.

Luckily, She's made of stronger stuff than that- Lily, however, isn't. Lily woke up with a pain in her stomach, and realized her dress was caught on fire.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

A beam shot out of it, towards the glowing point on Nameless' chest. Six more beams wrapped around his hand, holding it to the ball as it began funneling Narration out of him.

Nameless looked at Platypus, ignoring the Narration being stolen from him. "Do you have any idea how often someone's tried this trick on me?"

1 minute ago, PrestoTheMagnificent said:

Luckily, She's made of stronger stuff than that- Lily, however, isn't. Lily woke up with a pain in her stomach, and realized her dress was caught on fire.

It was at this point that several upstanding citizens showed up and offered her an incredible business opportunity: Lily could give them all of her money and valuables, and in exchange they wouldn't stab her and take all her valuables anyways. If Lily turned their offer down, they assured her that she would never get another one like it ever again.