The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion dashed towards Platypus, attacking with her Narrationblade, trying to create an opening for Endings.

Platypus calmly defended with his Luxblade, Vengeance by his side just in case a gap in his defense opened up. Occasionally, immediately after knocking the Narrationblade aside, he'd attack with his Luxblade.

3 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Bullsh-" he blinks. "right, rules. bullcrap. im a master of illusions and lies, you think you can fool the man from Canamori?"

Drat. Going without his magic was going to be harder than he thought. "So... what's happening?" he asked, looking towards the fight.

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus calmly defended with his Luxblade, Vengeance by his side just in case a gap in his defense opened up. Occasionally, immediately after knocking the Narrationblade aside, he'd attack with his Luxblade.

Subversion parried Platypus’s Luxblade with Endings, sending a shock of energy into the Blade that caused it to vibrate in Platypus’s hands.

21 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion parried Platypus’s Luxblade with Endings, sending a shock of energy into the Blade that caused it to vibrate in Platypus’s hands.

The greater leverage from the Blade as opposed to the dagger threatened to throw the weapon out of Subversion's hands as Platypus put pressure on it. 

3 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The greater leverage from the Blade as opposed to the dagger threatened to throw the weapon out of Subversion's hands as Platypus put pressure on it. 

Subversion only grinned as Platypus’s Luxblade began vibrating more fiercely, tiny spots of rust appearing near the point where it met with Endings.

14 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion only grinned as Platypus’s Luxblade began vibrating more fiercely, tiny spots of rust appearing near the point where it met with Endings.

The rust flakes off the blade, and the pressure on Endings increases to near-insurmountable amounts. 

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The rust flakes off the blade, and the pressure on Endings increases to near-insurmountable amounts. 

Subversion is forced to disengage, leaving the Luxblade with dulled edge where it met with Endings. "This Plotblade really isn't in the best form for fighting. Imagine what I could do with it if it was a sword." 

17 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion is forced to disengage, leaving the Luxblade with dulled edge where it met with Endings. "This Plotblade really isn't in the best form for fighting. Imagine what I could do with it if it was a sword." 

The Luxblade quickly repairs, a small amount of glow fading from Vengeance. "You saw my fight with Thaid. I've only gotten stronger, and Vengeance is even more powerful here. What would make you think you could win?" As he's speaking, he rushes forward, unsummoning his Luxblade and attacks using solely Vengeance, blade and eyes both glowing brilliantly.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The Luxblade quickly repairs, a small amount of glow fading from Vengeance. "You saw my fight with Thaid. I've only gotten stronger, and Vengeance is even more powerful here. What would make you think you could win?" As he's speaking, he rushes forward, unsummoning his Luxblade and attacks using solely Vengeance, blade and eyes both glowing brilliantly.

Subversion stands her ground, blocking each of Platypus's attacks without visible effort. "Honestly? I'm not sure that I can win. But I want to try anyways. You didn't think you could beat Thaidakar did you? And yet you still fought him. Now look at you. Newcomers see you as among the most dangerous people on this thread. Even Desolation respects your strength. If I can hold my own in this fight, even if I can't win, it'll prove you're not unstoppable like everyone seems to think."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion stands her ground, blocking each of Platypus's attacks without visible effort. "Honestly? I'm not sure that I can win. But I want to try anyways. You didn't think you could beat Thaidakar did you? And yet you still fought him. Now look at you. Newcomers see you as among the most dangerous people on this thread. Even Desolation respects your strength. If I can hold my own in this fight, even if I can't win, it'll prove you're not unstoppable like everyone seems to think."

"I fought him as Feanor, I thought I could beat him. Newcomers don't realize the balancing measures my Author has taken. Actually, most don't, but he does have some in place. I have no idea why everyone seems to think I'm some unstoppable force. I've never claimed it. All I have done is fight Thaid, and we came to a draw. I didn't beat him. But the point is that I am going to-" he cuts off as he drops to the ground and sweeps his leg, trying to trip her.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I fought him as Feanor, I thought I could beat him. Newcomers don't realize the balancing measures my Author has taken. Actually, most don't, but he does have some in place. I have no idea why everyone seems to think I'm some unstoppable force. I've never claimed it. All I have done is fight Thaid, and we came to a draw. I didn't beat him. But the point is that I am going to-" he cuts off as he drops to the ground and sweeps his leg, trying to trip her.

Subversion dodges this attack almost before Platypus even begins it, countering with a swift strike to Platypus's extended leg with her Narrationblade. "I'm not saying you're unstoppable, just that everyone thinks you are. That's part of why I'm fighting you. That and the Mordite blade of course."

1 minute ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion dodges this attack almost before Platypus even begins it, countering with a swift strike to Platypus's extended leg with her Narrationblade. "I'm not saying you're unstoppable, just that everyone thinks you are. That's part of why I'm fighting you. That and the Mordite blade of course."

The Narrationblade seemed to go through his leg as he brought it back and forward again at the perfect time. "Ah, the Mordite. I don't even want it. I can't use it, it goes against my very essence. But I can't let you have it, so here we are." The arena shifted again, changing to a small sandy and rocky island in the middle of an ocean.

The Narrationblade seemed to go through his leg as he brought it back and forward again at the perfect time. "Ah, the Mordite. I don't even want it. I can't use it, it goes against my very essence. But I can't let you have it, so here we are." The arena shifted again, changing to a small sandy and rocky island in the middle of an ocean.

Subversion kicked sand into Platypus's eyes, then threw Endings towards his chest. "It's still too dangerous to let you keep it."

19 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion kicked sand into Platypus's eyes, then threw Endings towards his chest. "It's still too dangerous to let you keep it."

The sand disintegrated as it neared his eyes and he stood up, Endings firmly in the ground between his legs. "I literally cannot use it..."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"I said no, and I meant no! It's not happening. Go steal one from Nowhere if you really want to, that guy's got way too much Mordite for his own good. It's all Nameless' fault if you ask me."

hee hee, that's me :D 

Just now, Xiahida said:

Xyr pulls Nowhere to the stadium using Connection lines

Who plays Nowhere?

Nowhere pulls a small device from his pocket and points it at Xyr, severing the Connection and then twists a knob, teleporting away

Edited by Being of Cacophony

The sand disintegrated as it neared his eyes and he stood up, Endings firmly in the ground between his legs. "I literally cannot use it..."

"Not what I'm worried about!" Subversion summoned Endings back to her hand and wove a complicated web of Narration that made herself impossible to hit. "You might give it to Hacob! Or let it get stolen!"