Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time forming solid read. Straw I'm highly skeptical is evil, slight village lean (just from previous games I've played with him, he just doesn't feel like an elim, at least from the cycles I've seen him post). Walin I have no read on, I'll keep looking over his stuff though and try to formulate an opinion. Just logically, Arinian seems like the most viable elim. Why would the elims poison and then kill aman? I think it's feasible that one got taken by the shaod just as they poisoned him to get him out of the way. Shaky, but better than anything else I've got at the moment.

That being said, I've got one other lead from earlier. Devotary of Spontaneity. That vote will stay on you until you post some analysis on the current lynch candidates or provide an alternative. You said you would if I asked and I have asked yet received no response. @Devotary of Spontaneity

I'll check before rollover, if you post I'll change it to Arinian (unless someone else makes a persuasive argument).

Sorry. Wife's birthday today.

Nobody strikes me as being suspicious yet. But the lack of activity means that state of affairs will continue.

So. Devotary. Why do you deserve not to be lynched?

Alright, I just looked through every post, and I didn't find a single one where it seemed like Arinian was colluding with Araris. So I will vote for Lopen. I don't have a lot of evidence, but more than I have on anyone else.

We have all of three votes so far.

I think it's time for the person who passed their Derethi pendant to Elenion to claim. That won't confirm that Elenion isn't the Odiv, but it will make it less likely. 

On the Jeskeri side, people were suspicious of Lopen for being the first one to assume that Aman used the pendant on Araris, but Drake was the first one to cast a vote before we got confirmation. That doesn't mean that either of them are evil, as Aman clearly stated who he was going to attack.

When Aman was alive, he told me that he knew he'd been poisoned. This suggests that 1.He poisoned himself, 2.The person who poisoned him informed him, and 3.Players sent to Elantris are informed of whether they were poisoned or taken by the Shaod. Option 1 would mean that Aman started with a role and two items, or that someone passed him a poison vial. I don't know about option 3, as I neglected to ask how he knew. Does anyone who has PM'd Aman, Arinian, or HH know the answer to this? If players are not informed, Aman probably wasn't poisoned by an eliminator team. If players are informed, we can find out what happened to HH and any future Elantrians.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:38 PM, little wilson said:

Edit: one thing I'd like discussed is the possibility of at least one Jeskeri Elantrian. Yes, Aman was a priest and yes he had only been poisoned, but that makes him not a threat to non-Elantrians for at least another cycle. Yet they killed him on his first night in Elantris. Why? I think it's because he was still a threat to them. Which means there is a Jeskeri Elantrian (or two, depending on if one got taken by the Shaod/poisoned). This fits with LG12, where there was a starting Jeskeri Elantrian.

i feel like if there was a Jeskeri Elantrian, they probably wouldn't have had a teammate poison themselves. If there weren't any starting Jeskeri Elantrians, that would make self-poisoning much more likely.

9 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

He just happens to go to Elantris? I don’t think so. I think it was an attempt to dodge suspicion.” 

Ultimately, my opinion on Arinian is dependent on whether any Jeskeri began in Elantris and on how HH ended up in Elantris. If they were both poisoned, I would vote on HH. If just Arinian was poisoned and he turns out to be a villager, the chances of a Jeskeri Elantrian goes up. If he's a cultist, the chances go down.

Until I get more information, I will vote for Arinian. He's not the most suspicious, but I think we'll learn more from this lynch than if we kill Walin or Straw, and I don't think Lopen is evil. 

Arinian(2): Steeldancer, Devotary
Devotary(2): Dalinar, Seonid
Walin(1): Elenion
Straw(1): Lopen
Lopen(1): Kidpen

I don't think Arinian is evil, because I know of his playstyle from past games and it would be his style to poison himself early. Plus, I haven't seen anything to suggest he was working with Araris. I still think Walin is the best lynch candidate: he appears to be trying to buddy up to Lopen, but what he said about having 3 equal reads isn't consistent with Lopen's analysis which he says he's following. I suspect he might be trying to appear village by claiming to follow Lopen's suspicions.

6 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

When Aman was alive, he told me that he knew he'd been poisoned. This suggests that 1.He poisoned himself, 2.The person who poisoned him informed him, and 3.Players sent to Elantris are informed of whether they were poisoned or taken by the Shaod. Option 1 would mean that Aman started with a role and two items, or that someone passed him a poison vial. I don't know about option 3, as I neglected to ask how he knew. Does anyone who has PM'd Aman, Arinian, or HH know the answer to this? If players are not informed, Aman probably wasn't poisoned by an eliminator team. If players are informed, we can find out what happened to HH and any future Elantrians.

Players sent to Elantris must figure out for themselves if they are poisoned, or have been truly taken by the Shaod. There are ways to find out, but they are not immediately apparent, and the information is not given to you upon your entry into Elantris.

Keeping to my earlier promise, I will withdraw my vote on Devotary of Spontaneity. I will hold off on voting for Arinian for a moment, my logic seems less valid right now. @Devotary of Spontaneity how did Aman know he had been poisoned then?

7 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Players sent to Elantris must figure out for themselves if they are poisoned, or have been truly taken by the Shaod. There are ways to find out, but they are not immediately apparent, and the information is not given to you upon your entry into Elantris.

I've been operating under the logic that elims poisoned him. If that was the case, how would he know? But if it was a villager, why haven't they just told us?

@little wilson Could you provide some analysis on Arinian? You pointed out the possibility of an Elantrian elim, what are your thoughts right now?

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

Just now, Dalinar Kholin said:

What evidence do you have for voting on Lopen? @Kidpen

It was really just looking back and the whole fact that he payed attention to who Aman was going to put the pendant on and seemed like the first to mention it. Like I said, almost nothing.

Arinian would like me to say that it was obvious Aman was poisoned, because the elims limited the people he could scan and distracted the protectors from him. He also said that if the elims sent him to Elantris, we can guess that there was no elims in Elantris when they poisoned him(because if they forgot Aman was scan role, and also he is Aman), so logicaly only probable elantrian elim is HH, but I doubt that he is elim.

So maybe I won’t have time to post my reasons for voting on Arinian Suffice it to say I find him suspicious. I have a bunch of homework to do so I do need to get that done. But I’m glad my rotten eggs woke everyone up! 

Edited by Steeldancer
Wrong person

24 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

how did Aman know he had been poisoned then?

Since Aman didn't have a Seon and never accumulated three or more votes, that would suggest that he probably wasn't poisoned by an eliminator. I would guess that Aman either self-poisoned, or was told that he had been poisoned. In the later case, or if someone passed him a vial of poison, it's probably safe for that player to claim. Aman starting with a poison vial would invalidate Pyromancer's hypothesis that players with roles have one item while the roleless start with two. I don't know why a villager would have poisoned a priest, though. It's possible that Aman merely assumed that he had been poisoned, but he sounded so sure when he declined to share his Hoed mantra on the grounds that he had been poisoned.

7 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Since Aman didn't have a Seon and never accumulated three or more votes, that would suggest that he probably wasn't poisoned by an eliminator. I would guess that Aman either self-poisoned, or was told that he had been poisoned. In the later case, or if someone passed him a vial of poison, it's probably safe for that player to claim. Aman starting with a poison vial would invalidate Pyromancer's hypothesis that players with roles have one item while the roleless start with two. I don't know why a villager would have poisoned a priest, though. It's possible that Aman merely assumed that he had been poisoned, but he sounded so sure when he declined to share his Hoed mantra on the grounds that he had been poisoned.

I'm confused with the first part of your statement. I don't see how it follows at all that he probably wasn't poisoned by an elim.

7 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Arinian would like me to say that it was obvious Aman was poisoned, because the elims limited the people he could scan and distracted the protectors from him. He also said that if the elims sent him to Elantris, we can guess that there was no elims in Elantris when they poisoned him(because if they forgot Aman was scan role, and also he is Aman), so logicaly only probable elantrian elim is HH, but I doubt that he is elim.

This is exactly what makes it probable that he got poisoned by an elim. Okay Arinian. I think it's the best odds we have right now. I'd like to note I find it odd Straw has not responded as of yet.

9 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

I'm confused with the first part of your statement. I don't see how it follows at all that he probably wasn't poisoned by an elim.

Aman knew he was poisoned. He was not informed by the GMs that this was the case. If he'd had a Seon or if he acquired three votes, he would have known for sure that he had been poisoned. Since neither of those were true, it follows that he poisoned himself, his poisoner claimed to him, or he was so confident he hadn't been taken by the Shaod that he had no fear of being Hoed.

18 hours ago, Walin said:

I don't know who to vote on. Lopen's analysis is thorough, and right now I'm finding an even likelihood of elim-ness between each of the three. I think I'm going to look at the responses to these paragraphs, and for right now put a bit of suspicion on...never mind. I don't have enough suspicion to say any names.

@Elenion, I wasn't agreeing entirely with Lopen. I said that the analysis was thorough, but not that I think the same things as it. While this isn't a good defense of any other things I could be voted on, it's all I can think of right now.

------------------

Alright, time for a bit of RP:

The fields were looking dry today.

-------------------

Ok, that's it. I've got to go; I may edit some more RP in than that single sentence, but if there's more than two posts after mine I'll put the real RP in a separate post.

Good luck to all lynches, votes and voted's.

1 minute ago, Walin said:

@Elenion, I wasn't agreeing entirely with Lopen. I said that the analysis was thorough, but not that I think the same things as it. While this isn't a good defense of any other things I could be voted on, it's all I can think of right now.

The vibe I got from your post was that you wanted to agree with Lopen, but you do have a fair point I guess. Darn, I wasn't planning on switching my vote this late. Walin. Seonid. I'm not liking the way that he double-poked Devotary. Devotary would have had incentive to post with just one vote, and a second at the time when the vote was not yet solidified gives me a funky vibe.

Night 3 - Ire

The accused gathered in the palace that day. The new recorder, Elana, noted down their names, and noticed with a frown that most hadn’t even bothered to show up. 

She didn’t go into the room where they were, of course. She wasn’t accused. No one else was to be allowed inside until they had come to a decision. 

So she sat outside the door, drafting correspondences between more important people, and trying her hardest to listen in. 

She didn’t succeed very much, though - only when the noise rose to shouting. Sometimes about murder, sometimes about Elantris, sometimes even the Jeskeri. She shuddered.  

At the end of the day, though, while the voices grew louder, no decision was made. No one exited the room at all, until finally someone stumbled out. 

Elana looked up, then checked her list. “Eilen, right?” 

Eilen nodded. “That’s me. I’ve been... chosen.”

“Excellent!” Elana said, crossing out his name on her list. “Please proceed to the right, you’ll be dealt with shortly.”

There were two guards in the hallway to the right, who promptly stabbed Eilen when he tried to pass them. 

Elana sniffed. “It’s a good thing that’s marble, not carpet.”

Arinian was lynched! He was an Arelish Dula who had been poisoned

Vote Tally
Eilen (Arinian) (3): Bob (Steeldancer), Sheodan (Devotary of Spontaneity), Soren Porfiry (Dalinar Kholin), Straw (Straw)
Nigel (TheMightyLopen) (2): Amati (Kidpen)
Bob (Steeldancer) (1): Bill (King Cole)
Sheodan (Devotary of Spontaneity) (1): Ateshao (Drake Marshall), Sheon Idris (Seonid)
Sheon Idris (Seonid) (1): Enelan (Elenion)
Straw (Straw) (1): Nigel (TheMightyLopen)

Convert Tally: 4 / 20 living players are Shu-Dereth converts. 

Night 3 has begun, and will last 24 hours. 
bla_1524186000.png

Player List

Spoiler

1. Little Wilson: Kainae the Artist
A Joe in the Bush: Fenot the Alchemist
3. Eternum: Enerin the travelling storyteller Arelish Citizen with a Seon and Passphrase
4. Steeldancer: Bob the shoe-shiner 
5. Straw: Straw the errand-boy
Araris Valerian: Elysian the orphaned worldhopper Jeskeri Cultist with Korathi Pendant
Elenion: Enelan, the Palace's head chef
8. King Cole: Bill the butcher
9. Devotary of Spontaneity: Sheodan, a soldier in Eondel's army
10. Mraize: Sahin Arehe, heir to the Are Plantation / ex-heir to- / it's complicated / Noble Merchant
11. The Honey Badger: Eoni the grandiose peasant
12. Drake Marshall: Ateshao, an itinerant tinker.
Bort: Daoate, a member of the Elantris City Guard  Arelish Citizen with Jeskeri Pendant and a Seon
Randuir: Saoir, the Royal Archivist Arelish Citizen with Korathi Pendant and Passphrase
15. Kidpen: Amati the farmer
16. Seonid: Sheon Idris, a rockstar trying to get the band back together
17. TheYoungPyromancer: Aladdin, a guy looking for a lamp
18. Dalinar Kholin: Soren Porfiry, procrastinator extraordinaire
19. STINK: Imperial Mint, an honest to Domi Mint
20. TheMightyLopen: Nigel, a doctor of some renown
21. Amanuensis: Dio Brando, a vampi- really hot guy. Arelish Priest who had been poisoned
Arinian: 
Eilen the traveler with the mute talking sword Arelish Dula who had been poisoned

Elantrians
1. Cadmium Compounder: Rhomil, an indiscriminate merchant
2. Droughtbringer: In, head of the Patriarch Seinalan fan club
3. Kynedath: Angrin Nalti Gu Uda Sandrius (ANGUS), the WikiLeaks of Kae
4. Hemalurgic Headshot: Reth Liari, a stereotypical dashing vagabond with enigmatic origins