Listen to Chapter 7

The Rooster

So, based on the glimpse we've had of pattern speaking and this audio clip, does it seem like Pattern is just learning how to speak/communicate with words with Shallan?  If this is the case, I wonder why it seems like a learning process.  I don't remember the same process happening with Syl and Kaladin?

Also.... WOW I was not expecting that!!! At least, not so early in the book.  However, I guess we should have expected it sooner rather than later since most of our beloved characters survived book 1!

Now that chapter 7 is finally available, I can comment on this:

I will not accept a death without a body or direct WoB. She may have survived somehow and I certainly hope so! I just don't hope her comeback (if there is one) will be too malazan-y, if you get what I mean.

Ok, axe wound and knife to the chest, one can survive that with enough stormlight and or some little help of regrowth.

Maybe the body automatic traveled because of Jasnah second surge and this is a red herring to let us hope, but man i think that this would be a waste of good character with lots of potential.

This is or a Martin Death, to shock and make things look real or a temporaly leave form a charecter that are potentialy to effective to her own good, she could do thing go to easy if she act, so Brandon gived her a vacantion and she will return later.

Well any way one Kholin down seven left.

Edited by Natans

Who from MBOtF are u refering to? Whiskeyjack? Because I always felt like his "return" reminded me of Obiwan lol I guess because he never came all the way back.

I was not referring to anyone in particular. It's just that a lot of the returns (and tbh, there were too many of those for my taste) felt a little deus (quite literally in some cases) ex machina. I like me a little bit more of (blunt) foreshadowing....

I don't buy that =)

Where are the body ?

"Make sure" was what the guy commanded! They rammed a sword through her chest!

Unless Shallan provides some immediate storm-light, Jasnah is done for.

Edited by bsrk

I was not referring to anyone in particular. It's just that a lot of the returns (and tbh, there were too many of those for my taste) felt a little deus (quite literally in some cases) ex machina. I like me a little bit more of (blunt) foreshadowing....

Ahh ok. I really really enjoyed that series. Erickson is now my second favorite author (wanna guess at #1? Lol) I even like Ian Esslemont's other series related novels though I do not think he has the skill of erickson. Sorry I will stop hijacking this thread now.

"Make sure" was what the guy commanded! They rammed a sword through her chest!

Pft.... a litle knife in the heart are nothing =)

Dual surge binding to create an body and teleport safetly to other place ( Aka - Kage Bushin Jasnah no Surge) =)

This are very Ned to be true, if Brandon killed her in this way this sets a very grim tone for the serie, like "S%$ got real" =)

PS: Don't try argue I'm in deny until the end of book =)

Edited by Natans

Pft.... a litle knife in the heart are nothing =)

Dual surge binding to create an body and teleport safetly to other place ( Aka - Kage Bushin Jasnah no Surge) =)

This are are very Ned to be true, if Brandon killed her in this way this sets a very grim tone for the serie, like "S%$ got real" =)

PS: Don't try argue I'm in deny until the end of book =)

Hmm. Okay. Because of "Make sure", I will assume that the body Shallan saw is lifeless. Unless Jasnah can really create a clone of her body, I don't see how she could still be living.

Because we know that she has transportation surge, she could have potentially escaped. (Although I don't think she will willingly leave Shallan)

Hmm. Okay. Because of "Make sure", I will assume that the body Shallan saw is lifeless. Unless Jasnah can really create a clone of her body, I don't see how she could still be living.

Because we know that she has transportation surge, she could have potentially escaped. (Although I don't think she will willingly leave Shallan)

I'm sure she Transported to the nearest Hospital... IN .... Karbranth... Ohh NOES!

And what about Shallan past. She was training in awesome-fu or something and put some mental blocking her memories ?

I kind get the impression that pattern said "lie" when she said that she couldn't use the sword, and she remember in that in the past that she knew how lightweave i think. 

She got double personality or something ? The one fragile that she use to protect her sanity and the true self with her begin a trained Killer with surge powers with the objetive to serve her father in some nesfast plan =) 

Edited by Natans