Gotta love Mistborn haters... Not

I just posted a reply to this thread.

I don't think that person understands that a huge Stormlight Archive novel takes significantly more effort than a shorter novel. Just because a book is three times longer as another book doesn't mean it only takes three times more effort to write. It's a geometric progression if there ever was one. There's more outlining work, there's more revision, more of everything per word.

Can you really blame Brandon for wanting to tell a shorter tale and do it well? Making huge epics like that and never doing anything else is a surefire way to drive yourself insane.

EDIT: Oh, and go Mistborn.

Edited by Chaos

• 2 months later...

HAHA! I'm like 90% sure I know that person. xD I used to play WoW with him. He's a total troll, just so yous guys know.

(Note: I think it's this person because he's from Chicago and his toon's name was Couch, also the way he talked seemed much like him.)

• 4 weeks later...

People like that just don't understand how writing - or creativity in general - works. If he'd pushed himself to the limit to do nothing but WoT first, his own projects would have suffered, and so would have the final product of WoT. Brandon knows what he's doing, and he knows how to do it right. If other people don't understand that, it's their loss.

One comment on this page was completel unjustified... Some people with an iq over 100 overuse ellipsis some times... :/

Also I agree with the guy...kings was awesome! It's epic in every way, better then mistborn(I kinda count all 3 as one) which was great but didn't hit me in quite the same way as kings... Or as eye of the world... But until kings came out that was my favourite book lol...

Just to point out...I did really like mistborn just I guess he didn't have quite as much experience as he does now... :) plx don't hate me for believing kings is the better book...! :)

And I was only agreeing with the fact kings is awesome...Brandon can take as much time as he wants when writing them just so long as they are finished when he releases them xD really annoys me when people ruin great ideas by rushing them too much... :/

Yes, he's totally writing other books for the money... as if the Wheel of Time didn't pay him a handsome sum in itself. But that doesn't matter, since the idea that Brandon is doing anything out of greed is laughable. To say nothing of the fact that he'd keep writing if he never got paid from it. He does it because that's what he loves.

Also, where the hell did this person hear that Elantris 2 would be out before AMoL? That's too stupid to respond to. Last time I heard, it was "maybe 2015 if I can manage it".

Seriously, dude, you could just look at his site and see that Brandon's making loads of progress on AMoL.

/rage

That's too stupid to respond to.

That's how I felt about the majority of the whole post. I was seeing things that I wanted to respond to individually, but then I realized there was too much and it would take me too long to respond, (and for all I could tell, the person was trolling), so I decided to go a different route.

Obsessed with Terry Goodkind? I can't imagine why. Brandon's a much better writer. He doesn't ramble on as if he doesn't know what to do with his characters, and he certainly doesn't make his series last so long that he gets tired of writing them, putting together some weak ending just so he can stop.

'Course, I may be biased against Goodkind these days. >_>

• 4 weeks later...

Now someone on the Amazon Alloy of Law forum is wondering whether Brandon is obsessed with Terry Goodkind. Sigh. (I wouldn't dogpile the thread though; that would just look bad.)

I restrained myself from posting in the thread, but the part that bugged me the most was the claim that you claimed that Goodkind hates fantasy. "No respect for" does not equal "hates".

• 3 months later...

Didn't he say something along the lines of Stormlight being some massive epic, and that's why he liked it? That might be why he didn't like Mistborn: it was too short.

Considering Mistborn will have at least 10 books, ( 3 trilogies and AoL), I would consider that long enough for his preferences. Either way, don't judge a series by its length.

To be completely honest, I think tWoK WAS a better book. It was amazing, while Mistborn was just really really good.

That said, I obviously don't agree with him. Except for the fact that tWoK was the best fantasy book I've read in years.

This is, of course, assuming that trolls actually have that potential. Or even the desire, honestly.

To be fair, I highly doubt mistwraiths have the desire to either, with the whole barely sentient thing going on.

So, since we're making this comparison, does that mean trolls can be granted the ability to be normal if we stick them with evil spikes of evil? Cause I'd so be up for stabbing some trolls.

Edited by Gela

To be fair, I highly doubt mistwraiths have the desire to either, with the whole barely sentient thing going on.

So, since we're making this comparison, does that mean trolls can be granted the ability to be normal if we stick them with evil spikes of evil? Cause I'd so be up for stabbing some trolls.

either it would make them normal people, or it would kill them, either way we win!