[OB] Jasnah and the Ghostbloods

BrightVoid

At the end of these chapters, we get Jasnah's entrance to Urithiru with a group of unknown people.  What are the ghostbloods going to do, especially because they were the ones that tried to assassinate her.  Mraize, Shallans overseer, was one of the people who wanted her dead, and so I am looking forward to that triangle unfolding.  What are your predictions for this plotline?

55 minutes ago, Head Crabs said:

I imagine that shallan will keep her ghostblood affiliation a secret from jasnah until she feels compelled to reveal a plot against her (jasnah) to protect her life. At which point shallan will be forced into making a choice between the two mentors. 

I feel like for that to happen, Shallan is going to need a very quick change-of-heart regarding the Ghostbloods. She loathes them, specifically because she thought they killed Jasnah.

Unless Mraize produces her brothers very quickly, I see Shallan immediately confiding in Jasnah and taking on the role of a spy within the Ghostbloods.

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Jasnah and the Ghostbloods
30 minutes ago, Salkara said:

I feel like for that to happen, Shallan is going to need a very quick change-of-heart regarding the Ghostbloods. She loathes them, specifically because she thought they killed Jasnah.

Unless Mraize produces her brothers very quickly, I see Shallan immediately confiding in Jasnah and taking on the role of a spy within the Ghostbloods.

How is she going to spy on them, they give her no information as it is and she doesn't know how to reliably find a single member.

43 minutes ago, Salkara said:

I tend to agree with the idea of Shallan confiding in Jasnah. It makes sense to me that she would get her alone, tell her she infiltrated the group that tried to kill her, and then strategize with Jasnah on how to get more info about what the ghostbloods are trying to do. Though they will have to be careful because I think it is obvious the ghostbloods are going to be watching Jasnah like a haw.

I think this is going to make Shallan's multiple identity crisis explode. I think that the 'Shallan' character will cleave to Jasnah, 'Veil' will stick with Mraize, and 'Radiant' will stick with Dalinar. Circumstances will have to force her out of taking this path.

Mraize will most likely play his cards carefully, since he understands that Shallans loyalties lie with Jasnah. Unless Jasnahs comeback makes Shallan feel insignificant, and she turns to the Ghostbloods... I've basically given up on predicting stuff, though, because Brandon will manage to twist stuff in ways no one imagines. So to get the most unexpected out there, I will predict that Shallan accidentally turns Mraize into a T-Rex with a magic toothbrush used by Chana during the fourth Desolation, which Shallan finds inside a dead mink. Dino-Mraize then eats Jasnah, and dies from food poisoning. Shallan then ascends and becomes Honor and Dalinar gets three cookies. 

1 minute ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Mraize will most likely play his cards carefully, since he understands that Shallans loyalties lie with Jasnah. Unless Jasnahs comeback makes Shallan feel insignificant, and she turns to the Ghostbloods... I've basically given up on predicting stuff, though, because Brandon will manage to twist stuff in ways no one imagines. So to get the most unexpected out there, I will predict that Shallan accidentally turns Mraize into a T-Rex with a magic toothbrush used by Chana during the fourth Desolation, which Shallan finds inside a dead mink. Dino-Mraize then eats Jasnah, and dies from food poisoning. Shallan then ascends and becomes Honor and Dalinar gets three cookies. 

All while Hoid is in his treehouse eating popcorn.

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I'm going to be honest, I have no predictions for the future of the Stormlight archive other than... very vague ones that Roshar will survive the conflict. Its weird, that our only real predictions are ones that are short term. We have no idea what Brandon will throw at us. So much to happen in 7 more books after Oathbringer...

1 hour ago, Rider of Storms said:

I predict that Shallan chooses the Ghostbloods, and Jasnah is forced to kill her.

She could try. Jasnah would be the second "mother" to try to kill Shallan, pushing her into the arms of Re-Shephir, who's waiting to love and embrace her. It might end very poorly.

I don't think that Shallan will keep it a secret from Jasnah. She promised to never lie to Jasnah again when she forgave her for trying to steal the soulcaster. Of course, she could break this promise, but that would mean a darker turn than I am expecting/hoping for Shallan, despite what she has been going through in Part 1. Also, I think I would actually be more afraid of Jasnah than the Ghostbloods, given that they've failed again and again to kill her, and she has managed to kill members of their organization, if Mraize is to be believed. Her family certainly throws a wrench into things, but objectively she'd be better off getting Jasnah's advice than trying to do it on her own.

Edited by Marethyu316
I should proofread before submitting!

Anyone curious to see how Shallan reacts to seeing Jasnah walk into the room? We all know Jasnah is alive because we read the epilogue to WOR. But Shallan is not aware. Anyone think she is going to think Jasnah might be an impostor? Or will she just accept it is Jasnah? If she thinks she is an impostor that could maybe effect her actions with regard to the Ghostbloods and confiding in Jasnah.

My thought is, if she was smart, she draws her patternblade and points it right at Jasnah and asks her to prove she is Jasnah by telling Shallan something only Shallan and Jasnah would know. Then after doing that I can't decide if Shallan would break down because she had been thinking Jasnah had died and was relieved she was alive or if she would throw herself at Jasnah and hug her.

Maybe Jasnah coming back will help Shallan with her identity crisis because she can share the burden of Radianthood with Jasnah. Just a thought.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:41 PM, Salkara said:

I don't really see her confiding anything in anyone. She's going to keep it all to herself, try not to think about it too much and maybe split off another persona that can lie to her friend's face.

I suspect that Shallan will initially hide her involvement with the Ghostbloods from Jasnah, but not because of any loyalty to them or really for any good reason at all. Consider how she is increasingly using her different personas to hide even from those close to her. Her first instinct was to hide her Veil apparel from Adolin, for no real reason other than she wasn't "ready" for him to know that part of her. It is becoming instinctive for her to keep secrets and compartmentalize the different parts of herself. Talking to Jasnah about the Ghostbloods would be Veil and Shallan and Radiant coliding, and I don't think she will be ready for that right away. I think part of her arc in this book will be learning to trust, and learning that trust means sharing (and accepting) the different parts of herself with those closest to her. 

That's just my guess though. I think it fits with her current character arc for her to keep the secret on impulse, even if she knows she shouldn't and doesn't have a good reason to do so. 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, KidWayne said:

I think this is going to make Shallan's multiple identity crisis explode. I think that the 'Shallan' character will cleave to Jasnah, 'Veil' will stick with Mraize, and 'Radiant' will stick with Dalinar. Circumstances will have to force her out of taking this path.

What are you saying here ...