[OB] Idea About the Unmade

UpperNotch

Based on what we have learned about Re-Shephir in the latest chapter I've come up with a theory, could the Unmade all be modeled after the spren of the Night Radiants? 

To me it would make sense because there are 9 Unmade and with the Bondsmiths only bonding to the Stormfather there would be 9 "naturally occurring" spren. 

With Re-Shephir being discribed as a messed up kind of creationspren, I think that the other Unmade will be much like the other Orders' spren, only made by Odium.

I really like this idea. Just like Re-Shephir seemed to be able to produce/splinter smaller voidspren (like the one Shallan found in the wall), I wonder if the yellow spren with the Parshendi is the product of the Unmade version of honorspren. Just like Re-Shephir reminded Shallan of a corrupted creationspren, the yellow Spren seems to be leading/protecting the Parshendi without the sort of compassion and empathy we see from true honorspren. 

4 hours ago, Crucible of Shards said:

Not a bad idea, but it is cannon that there are three Bondsmith spren.

Wait really? I don't know why, but I was under the impression that all the Bondsmiths had to bond with the Stormfather which was one of the reasons that Dalinar wouldn't have a blade.

44 minutes ago, UpperNotch said:

Wait really? I don't know why, but I was under the impression that all the Bondsmiths had to bond with the Stormfather which was one of the reasons that Dalinar wouldn't have a blade.

I honestly was as well, besides isn't bondsmith the order closest to Honor? Why would it be the only one to bond only 1/3 Honor side Spren?

@UpperNotch I think I've already forced this on @Blacksmithki, but have some WoBs.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/58305-2017-03-2425-germany-leipzig-book-fair-minor-cosmere-spoilers/?do=findComment&comment=541560

Questioner

And there's one last question if I may: I'm really into swords and such. I couldn't help but notice king Elhokar's Blade. It's just... All the others are ornamented, and they may have some glyphs, but it is the only one where it is explicitly it is told that there are ten fundamental glyphs on it which are the glyphs of the orders. I read some of the chapters from Dalinar from Unfettered II, and I know how he got it for Elhokar. Is there also some more backstory to this Blade?

Brandon Sanderson

There's a backstory to every Blade and every one of them is special, that's the problem. But I will be exploring the origins of some of the Blades. Eventually. Not a ton, but a little bit.

Questioner

As it is ornamented in such a way... Could it be related to a Bondsmith?

Brandon Sanderson

Bondsmith's didn't have Blades.

Questioner

All of them? It's just... Maybe it was just the Stormfather...

Brandon Sanderson

No. That's a really good guess. Really good guess. I'm gonna RAFO Bondsmiths because you gonna learn a lot about them in the next book because it's the Bondsmith's book. That's a really good theory, but it's not true. 

Questioner

But maybe there is at least something to it.

Brandon Sanderson

But there's a reason to it, why it has all the 10 orders.

Ghodicu

The pocket companion states that there are three spren that can bond a person to make them into a bondsmith, the Stormfather being one of them. As far as I recall the books implied that the number was low, and implied heavily that it was around that number in an epigraph, but didn't actually have a straight confirmation. So, should I take that as canon?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, you can take that as canon. They came to me for that information.

yahasgaruna

Sweet. I guess it hasn't been canonized which three spren these are? I seem to recall that the prevailing theory on 17th Shard was that Nightwatcher was one of them, and the third was that weird spren with too many faces that Axies the Collector looked at in the tWoK interlude.

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. :)

I too was a Bondsmith all bond the Stormfather believer. Mainly because the idea of three unique spren all granting the same surges bothers me. 

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Idea About the Unmade
  • Chaos locked this topic