[OB] What would happen if someone committed suicide in Urithiru?

Xaladin

I love this!  Brilliant!  Talk someone into committing suicide to trick the copycat killer into offing itself.  Kinda dark, though. 

Unfortunately, I suspect Leyrann is correct.  I would also guess that someone might have committed suicide somewhere along the line (fictionally, of course, but given the stress people are under ...), so it is conceivably proven already. 

I am pretty certain malevolent emotions are required to trigger the copycat's actions. I don't believe suicide wouldn't activate it.

edit:

p.s. Also really off topic but what is pahn kahl from leyrann's current rep title, i don't recognize it.

Edited by retrorocket1

25 minutes ago, retrorocket1 said:

I am pretty certain malevolent emotions are required to trigger the copycat's actions. I don't believe suicide wouldn't activate it.

edit:

p.s. Also really off topic but what is pahn kahl from leyrann's current rep title, i don't recognize it.

It's from Warbreaker, which you should definitely read before Oathbringer comes out. It's here for free on Brandon's website.

4 hours ago, retrorocket1 said:

edit:

I also think that the thing in Urithiru only mimics intended violence so far. We'll need a bigger sample sign to make sure though. Would be interesting and frightening if it did turn out to be responsible for drawing in Shallan's notebook.

8 hours ago, Xaladin said:

Could this be a way to trap the Unmade or would it mean **shiver** that someone else would be driven to commit suicide?

The idea of a writhing black mass showing up at your door trying to convince you to commit suicide has a certain darkly comic appeal. Like, would it even speak Alethi? Or would it try to say depressing things in some dead language? "On the plus side, Brightness Navani, we've figured out how to say 'Your wife is never going to take you back' in Dawnchant."

16 minutes ago, Harry the Heir said:

The idea of a writhing black mass showing up at your door trying to convince you to commit suicide has a certain darkly comic appeal. Like, would it even speak Alethi? Or would it try to say depressing things in some dead language? "On the plus side, Brightness Navani, we've figured out how to say 'Your wife is never going to take you back' in Dawnchant."

Could it copy effects of malevolent actions? If someone dies do to being pressured to suicide can it then kill someone?

You'd have to have someone who looks like a shapeless mass commit suicide. I... Don't think Sebariel is up for it.(Sorry, that was mean...)

But I do think it's an interesting question. Maybe... if you pulled a murder suicide. Like you drag another person off the mountain with you. Then it copies that and dies. It's not a sane solution, but it might work.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] What would happen if someone committed suicide in Urithiru?
  • Chaos locked this topic