How do you prefer your toilet paper roll?

Argent

Toilet paper roll  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Over or under?

• Over
    • Under

When I got married my wife always put it under because she said kids will unroll it (like the cats mentioned above). But I always put it over because (like the cats and the kids) I like to be able to access the end of the roll easily so I can pull and tear. Having it under just puts a roll of toilet paper between me and my square. And it's easier to spin the roll (to find the end) by batting it down then by using some uncomfortable underhand spin.

And my 3 kids have unrolled the toilet paper fewer than 10 times in their lives. So far.  :D

This discussion started at least 40 years ago; before internet forums, there were letters sent to newspaper. There was even a wikipedia article about it at one time.

I have no idea what makes this discussion so enthrancing for many people. Such a small, inconsequential thing.

Not at all like discussing the plot of fantasy books :ph34r:

My neighbor was one of the Kimberly Clark execs that made a great deal of money making MD toilet paper. They sold out a while ago and are venture capitalists now. He told me about a year ago that all toilet paper rolls, (small, jumbo, industrial, even packetized for military are designed for OVER use, exclusively, and that all other attempts to load are against all recommendations and logic. He and I have turned misloaded paper over wherever we go. It's like trying to load a bullet backwards in the chamber. You just don't do it!

• Chaos locked this topic