WoK back cover.

ElephantEarwax

Question

6 answers to this question

In case you're not aware that is written by the Sleepless (Dysian Aimians). There has been speculation about which of the four will do the destroying and who will be destroyed (aimians, roshar or something else). But no dedicated thread to my knowledge. If you search this site for that sentence in quotation marks you'll find some speculation 

8 hours ago, Extesian said:

In case you're not aware that is written by the Sleepless (Dysian Aimians). There has been speculation about which of the four will do the destroying and who will be destroyed (aimians, roshar or something else). But no dedicated thread to my knowledge. If you search this site for that sentence in quotation marks you'll find some speculation 

Thanks, and I didn't know that.

2 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

My going theory is that if Dalinar kills the Stormfather, all hell will break loose. That, or the Dysian Amians have some reason that they need to be killed. Maybe they are the reason for the desolations or something?

If the Stormfather dies, all Stormlight does as well, taking the entire ecosystem out. Roshar would fall. 

8 hours ago, Calderis said:

If the Stormfather dies, all Stormlight does as well, taking the entire ecosystem out. Roshar would fall. 

Also, as of right now the Stormfather accepted the Oath on the premise of not being "bound in such a way as to kill me".

On 9/22/2017 at 5:42 PM, Farnsworth said:

My going theory is that if Dalinar kills the Stormfather, all hell will break loose.

Have the Flow-Chart of just how royally screwed Roshar(the planet) would be.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:14 PM, The One Who Connects said:

Highstorms are the source of Crem and Stormlight. Without those two things, Roshar grinds to a halt. I could make a flow-chart of just how ruined Roshar would be.

No Stormlight, no Gemstones. No gemstones, no Fabrials. No Fabrials, no Soulcast grain. Malnutrition, Mass Depopulation, Societal Collapse.
No Infused Gemstones, their use as currency goes out the window b/c counterfeits. Economic Collapse.
No Stormlight, no ambient Investiture. No ambient Investiture, no high healthiness. Medical Pandemics out the wazoo, Societal Collapse x2.
No Soulcasters, old-fashioned way only. You think the Desolations sent them back to the Stone Age? Just you wait.
No Stormlight, no Gemhearts. Greatshells as a whole could go extinct because they can't pupate anymore. No Lanceryns, no Chasmfiends, the Reshi Isles sink to the bottom of the sea(depending on how big the Tai-Na's bodies are)
If the Apex predators go, their food source grows in population, and then overconsumes it's own food source, they go extinct from lack of food, and the cycle continues with a lower predator. It's a ripple effect, leading to multiple extinctions, since there's hardly any grass to support a herbivorous population boom if they lose their predators.
No Highstorms, no Listener Forms(they need a Storm to change their Spren bond). Entire way of life gone in a flash.
We have a WoB that Stormlight helps plants grow. I can't imagine what slower plant growth would do to the animal ecology, much less the human one.

So that's humanity collapsing economically, medically, technologically, and societally. The Parshendi way of life falls apart, as they'd be locked in birthform. If they aren't born in Mateform/Slaveform, they'd go extinct. Greatshells go extinct, potentially causing trickle-down extinction of the animal kingdom itself. Forget the conflict with Odium. Odium's entire existence becomes irrelevant if Stormlight disappears.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:26 PM, ElephantEarwax said:

Has there ever been any threads on this? (the red circle)

As Extesian said, I don't believe there are any threads specifically about those two lines.

However, there have been several threads about the WoK/WoR/Oathbringer Endpapers, and those lines have been brought up in most all of them. Check out any threads about the back cover blurbs and you'll see snippets about those lines here and there.