Stormlight Archive Casting

Toaster Retribution

5 hours ago, Krios said:

Just watched John Wick 3 yesterday and can't stop thinking about Keanu Reeves as Dalinar. Thoughts?

Definitely not. Keanu is a really nice guy but his acting is very much not up to carrying off Dalinar.

6 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

James Olmos or Chow-Yun Fat. If they are too old or expensive Jerome Flynn.

You can see my picks on an earlier page. Chow Yun Fat would be okay. Ken Watanabe or Donnie Yen would work really well.

2 hours ago, RShara said:

You can see my picks on an earlier page. Chow Yun Fat would be okay. Ken Watanabe or Donnie Yen would work really well.

I cant see Yen as Dalinar for some reason. Something about his face just doesn’t match for me (and I like Donnie Yen). I like Dave Bautista for the part.

• 3 months later...

Shallan: Sadie Sink (Max from Stranger Things)

I cant stop thinking about how perfect she would be. She can do the harshness that can come from a background of abuse, but is also hilarious, and a natural redhead. She just turned 17 this year, so even if no movies/shows are made for several years, she could still pull off a teenager role for the next ten years. 

I don’t normally try to do movie casting decisions, because the question of race and what you can and can’t change is way too controversial for me to deal with, but I would love to see Christoph Waltz as either Odium or Sadeas.  His acting in Inglorious Basterds is one of the most terrifyingly charming and evil performances I’ve ever seen.

Edit: Possibly Taravangian, but I prefer the other ones.

Edited by Not-So-Logicalspren

On 9/21/2019 at 5:48 PM, Not-So-Logicalspren said:

Edit: Possibly Taravangian, but I prefer the other ones.

Taravangian would require exactly that what he did in "Inglorious Basterds". You need somebody who can credibly do the well-intentioned mass murderer. Michael Fassbender might also do it. Odium does not need creepiness. He needs passion and understanding, a man with fire and compassion. Waltz could do it, but so could others. How about Sean Bean? He would even survive.

Sadeas needs somebody who can give the role an afterglow of glorious times and a certain physicality: Hugh Jackman

I think the series should be animated, as the more I read stormlight the more they don't reflect any one Earth based ethnicity. Instead they should cast purely for the voice and maybe they can tweek character appearances slightly. 

Odium - Mark Hamil 

Nale - Idris Alba

Dalinar - Christopher Judge (He is also one of my live action picks for Dalinar)

Jasnah - Jennifer Hale 

Storm Father - Peter Cullen 

Um.. the rest Idk. 

On 5/17/2019 at 0:01 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Is live action the only choice here? Because if we're doing animated...

Dalinar - Christopher Sabat (Vegeta, Piccolo, All Might from My Hero Academia) or Kevin Conroy (Batman)

Young Dalinar - Matt Latner (Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Jasnah - Jennifer Hale (Fem. Commander Shepard in Mass Effect, Bastila Shan in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Sheena in Tales of Symphonia, Avatar Kyoshi and June in Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Shallan - Cherami Leigh (Makoto from Pesona 5, Lucy from Fairy Tail, Asuna from SAO) or Willa Holland (Aqua from Kingdom Hearts, Thea Queen from Arrow) or Christina Vee (see below)

Evi - Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka in Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Lift - Christina Vee (Marionette from Miraculous Ladybug, Elsa in Re:Zero, Edelgard in Fire Emblem: Three Houses) or Sasha Rojen (Ezran from The Dragon Prince)

Mr. T - Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, Joker, Dictatious in Trollhunters, Darth Bane in Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Szeth - Keith Silverstein (Shido in Persona 5, Saber in Fire Emblem Echoes, Hawk Moth in Miraculous Ladybug, Lex Luthor in Batman: Arkham Knight)

Kaladin - Michael B Jordan* (Adonis Creed, Killmonger, Cyborg in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox), Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen in Arrow), or Matt Mercer (GM of Critical Role, Chrom, Ryoma/Shigure, and Yusuke in Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates, and Persona 5 respectively)

Tien - Justin Brinner (Deku in My Hero Academia) or Tom Holland (Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the MCU)?

Teft - Steve Blum (from pretty much everything but: Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Amon from The Legend of Korra, Zeb from Star Wars Rebels, Grunt in Mass Effect 2 & 3, Ares in God of War)

Rock - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

The Lopen - Michael Pena 

Amaram - Henry Cavill (Superman in the DCEU, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) or Mark Meer (Male Commander Shepard)

Sadeas - James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan from Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Wit - Brandon Sanderson himself?? Matt Mercer??

Adolin - Jack De Sena (Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Callum from The Dragon Prince)

Renarin - Justin Brinner (Deku in My Hero Academia) if he's not Tien.

Nohadon - ???

Shalash - ???

Jezrien - ???

Taln - Idris Elba (?)

Elhokar - ???

Gavilar - Christopher Sabat (if he's not Dalinar) or Sean Bean (Boromir, Ned Stark)

Ooooo, I like this. Id much rather see Stormlight animated:

Jasnah - Maggie Q

Dalinar - Bruce Greenwood

Bruce Greenwood has a voice thats deep and luxurious enough to fit the Bondsmith, and just listen to Maggie Q as Wonderwoman and tell me that doesnt fit Jasnah (Greenwood is Batman here):

Shallan - Mae Whitman

Venli - Cree Summer

Kaladin - Nolan North

Syl - Tara Strong

Adolin - Josh Newton

Navani - Gina Torres

Taravangian - Mark Hamil

Stormfather/Tanavast - Keith Motherlovin David

Hoid - Clopin from the Hunchback of Notre Dame

....minus the odd accent maybe? This dude just screams Hoid to me though. What a troll:

https://youtu.be/R-XONxvdq4Y

Szeth - Liam Obrien

Basically I, want Szeth to sound like Gaara:

Elhokar - Yuri Lowenthal

Rock - Alec Baldwin

Odium - Graham McTavish

Jezrien - James Callis

Blondie:

Edited by Nymeros

• Chaos locked this topic