If you were a misting, which woulr you be?

freezedragon

Double nicrosil! Something close to Stormlight on Scadrial? It would be so cool to glow. Now, if only nicrosil wasn't ridiculously expensive...

Uh, double steel seems ridiculously effective, double zinc is probably the most useful metal if you want to help the world, double atium would be nice for immortality (if atium is available), an interesting non-Compounding is Allomantic bendalloy and Feruchemical zinc so you can react to bullets fired outside your timebubble...

So many choices! It's hard to go wrong unless you end up with Allomantic aluminum.

Edited by Moogle

If I had to pick I would go for double steel or double gold(kind of expensive though!), but barring a compunder I would choose Allomantic pewter and Feruchemical steel, being faster, stronger and more healthy sounds just like my cup of tea and I can store most of the excess speed from pewter into a steelmind for when I need it . :P

Edited by Leonardus

Hmm... Double steel or iron are probably some of the coolest (infinitely fast/infinitely heavy ), but then again, all the compounding is OP. For daily life, I'd either pick zinc, bendalloy, electrum or chromium. In terms of coolness, I might also go Allomantic steel and Feruchemical chromium (never miss a shot). 

Choices, choices, choices. Well lets see, as a single alomantic power I would like Bendalloy, afterall nothing is as vertisaile as having extra time. For feruchemy, Bendalloy would also sound pretty neat, being able to eat all the sweets you want without gaining weight and being able to raid all-you-can-eats to greatly reduce the grocery bill. Then again I just ended up as a compunder so I basicly don´t even need to eat but still can if I want to.

Another alternative that is somewhat less everyday oriented would be Allomantic steel/Feruchemical tin. Basicly makes me a transportable/flying sniper and the potential boost in senses could be usefull in many situations as well.

I really like Pewter burners with Cadmium minds. Being able to augment your body and store breath would allow you to swim for a long time or dive far deeper than most divers, without any oxygen tanks!

Another super cool combo would be a Tineye with Copper minds. You'll notice every single detail and be able to relive it at any time. Perfect for learning and those incredible random moments in life.

My final idea really depends on how Brass minds (warmth) work. I'm going to assume for the sake of this combination that your body would compensate for the extremes, much like tapping weight from iron minds. if you could also burn steel, you could spray MOLTEN METAL! How cool would that be? 

I could go on about this all day but those are my 3 under rated suggestions.

Pewter and Gold (because you can store pewter health in a goldmind) would let you basically power gold with pewter. While less powerful than compounding this would 1. Not require you to buy gold to maintain your immortality and 2. Give you strength and speed boosts while still being able to basically use your Allomantic pewter regeneration with much greater efficiency. Not Miles level, but Miles couldn't punch his way through a brick wall, could he? Though I guess he could just blow it up. While standing next to it. Anyway, basically bloodmaker powers with the disadvantages of needing to be sick replaced with buckets of allomantic pewter.

Part of me thinks it would be very cool to be a Allomantic pewter/Feruchemical iron twinborn. The combination could be very fun. Firstly, thugs have been noted to be able to jump over a metre directly upwards, now having done the maths, if you store 90% of your weight (ignoring metalmind weight as you wouldn't need particularly big ones, and you could theoretically store more than 90% of your weight anyway.) you could reach a height 10* higher when leaping with the same force. (Also ignoring wind resisitance.) So what it comes down to is something along the lines of being able to leap 10 metres straight up ;) Just one example of its potential.

Regarding compounding specifically, this thread on the crafty boards is a discussion of the same thing :)

...I feel like I spend a lot of time linking between the various Brandon related fan-sites I am part of :P

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Pewter and Gold (because you can store pewter health in a goldmind) would let you basically power gold with pewter. While less powerful than compounding this would 1. Not require you to buy gold to maintain your immortality and 2. Give you strength and speed boosts while still being able to basically use your Allomantic pewter regeneration with much greater efficiency. Not Miles level, but Miles couldn't punch his way through a brick wall, could he? Though I guess he could just blow it up. While standing next to it. Anyway, basically bloodmaker powers with the disadvantages of needing to be sick replaced with buckets of allomantic pewter.

Great minds think alike, or as my father is want to say Fools seldom differ :)

I'd want to be a Pewter misting. I could use the extra physical strength and health to take care of my daily chores.

As for my Ferring metal, I'd want copper. I'm an aspiring writer and it would be great to put all the notes for my various stories into copperminds.

I guess pewter/copper is not a natural match up, but I'd want something that would help my needs. I almost picked pewter/bronze, but I doubt I would have the time to nap and store up my wakefulness.

Edited by eveorjoy

I'd actually BE a duralumin gnat. But if I had my choice, I've always loved the pewter/iron superjumper combo (as previously mentioned), as well as pewter/zinc -- slow-witted thug most of the time, so easily underestimated. Then he turns into a Human Calculator and invents the Gun Kata.

I hold onto the notion Allomantic electrum has loads of potential, and I'd be happy with just it. But paired with Feruchemical steel, just imagine how far your shadows could go!

PS: I still think compounding is cheap.

Edited by Pechvarry

I had similar thoughts Swimmingly with one additional advantage.

I'll bet you a bead of Atium that you can use Feruchemical gold to recover from a Pewter drag.

So many uses, especially from a military standpoint.

Choices, choices, choices. Well lets see, as a single alomantic power I would like Bendalloy, afterall nothing is as vertisaile as having extra time. 

Aaaand, you just summed up my life.  I would love to have (and realistically probably would have) Allomantic bendalloy and Feruchemical zinc in the real world, but in a fantasy situation, I'd go for Steel-on-Steel assuming I could choose. If I was going by my personality, and my life was governed by some annoying writer, I'd have Allomantic cadmium and Feruchemical chromium, which I would be constantly burning/storing until something important to my personal story was happening, in which case I'd instinctively and unknowingly switch to drawing and (maybe) stop burning.

Let me explain:

When I take a test in school, I will have seemingly VERY little time, and when I guess, it's always wrong, and I will almost always accidentally bubble something in wrong or make a stupid math error like 2+2=5 or something. However, If I'm hanging out in between classes with a girl I happen to like, the awkward stuff that I say will only be awkward enough to seem "cute," and any fauxpas[sp?] I make will be quickly forgiven and/or forgotten.  Or, If I'm trying to bring grades up from a 3.2 to a 4.0 within weeks of the end of the semester, I'll squeeze by with near-straight A-minuses, and the time will seem to have gone by much slower than usual.

Erre'bawday got dat? :P

Double tin would be pretty awesome, as you could switch between feruchemical distance vision and allomantic night vision whenever you wanted. The advantage of Feruchemical tin that nobody ever seems to mention is the ability to store touch, essentially making you unable to feel pain. Depending on how that worked, you might even be able to negate the disadvantages of Allomantic tin by numbing yourself.

If compounding is available, there are a ton of REALLY good choices, but I'd have a really hard time picking anything else over dual Chromium.  I'm not an action hero or an aspiring politician/ruler, so I think infinite "great luck" is about the best thing I could get.

If there are other Mistings in the world, then Chromium's allomantic power would also be a handy form of self-defense.  If not, then it's useless ... but still worth it for compounding ability.

If I were picking a non-compounding Twinborn combination, the choice is much trickier.  Tons of awesome physical combos, but again ... I'm not sure my biggest needs in life are really physical.  At the moment, I think I'll go with the answer of Allomantic bendalloy/Feruchemical brass.  Having extra time when I'm stressed (and being able to share it with those nearby!) and never being too hot or cold sound like lovely powers to make the rest of my life work well.

Chromium Twinborn

Master the art of the Drunken Monkey Kung-Fu, and make the luckiest strikes against an opponent in hand-to-hand combat, rendering their Allomancy/Feruchemy useless. Compounding Luck will create some interesting situations in your favor.

You might even be able to beat Matrim Cauthon in a game of dice.