If you were a misting, which woulr you be?

freezedragon

• 2 weeks later...

*grabs nearest Mistborn Ars Arcanum*

Yeah, I'm going with Allomantic bendalloy and Feruchemical chromium. Because with enough time and luck, what can't you do?

Also, I don't believe it would be worth sacrificing the allomantic slot to compound Chromium.

Edited by Vizier

• 7 months later...

I'd be Lurcher/Sparker (or Allomantic iron/Feruchemical zinc... or Pulling Metal and Mental Speed). Lurching is just fantastically useful for reasons I'm outlined in several other places, and Mental Speed is amazing too. Also, with enough Mental Speed you'd be able to effectively manage bullet pulling in a firefight, adjusting the trajectories of shots just slightly so that every bullet coming at your allies misses. Plus I'd use it to win reaction games.

I'd store in front of mindless television, or during boring conversations that I'm expected to appear to be listening to, but not expected to contribute to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go for Allomantic brass and Feruchemical duralumin, just to be the ultimate manipulator. As well as Soothing people I'd be able to easily form connections with them and boost the effect. Either that or Feruchemical aluminium, which might well be able to boost emotional Allomancy in the same way that Feruchemical iron boosts Steelpushes/Ironpulls.

Edit: According to this table of Twinborn names, the first combination would be called a Pacifier and the second an Icon. (The blue names are from the MAG Alloy of Law supplement, and the pink ones are made up by the person who posted it)

Edited by JimmyTMalice

I'd go for Allomantic brass and Feruchemical duralumin, just to be the ultimate manipulator. As well as Soothing people I'd be able to easily form connections with them and boost the effect. Either that or Feruchemical aluminium, which might well be able to boost emotional Allomancy in the same way that Feruchemical iron boosts Steelpushes/Ironpulls.

The problem with that is that using Feruchemical duralumin causes you to be connected to them as well, meaning you'll have issues manipulating them because you'll feel close to them. If you could Soothe yourself, though, it might be that you could suppress your good feelings for others... can you even do that? I can't recall any characters Soothing themselves.

The problem with that is that using Feruchemical duralumin causes you to be connected to them as well, meaning you'll have issues manipulating them because you'll feel close to them. If you could Soothe yourself, though, it might be that you could suppress your good feelings for others... can you even do that? I can't recall any characters Soothing themselves.

I get what you mean, but Breeze never had any problems giving those close to him a little nudge in the right direction. Not everyone thinks like him, though.

I get what you mean, but Breeze never had any problems giving those close to him a little nudge in the right direction. Not everyone thinks like him, though.

But that is because he doesn't see what he is doing as manipulating. Just using what he equivocates as "charisma". At no point does he make someone do something that is harmful to themselves. If you however use your "manipulative" abilities to bring harm to others, or make them slaves to you, I could totally see the issue Moogle brings up coming into play

• Chaos locked this topic