Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

4 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Cole himself said, on page 16, that he was in a neutral faction group. That doesn't leave many options.

I have info that the Malcontent win condition requires the death of at least one player. I was running on the assumption that it was the Cabal, and he/they were opposite to my win con in that regard.

So, if hypothetically you are a Loyal Citizen. You can confirm that your win condition is the same as that of the Cabal?

Also, does this imply that the Malcontents possess a killing power, then?

Hmmm...

Just now, Drake Marshall said:

So, if hypothetically you are a Loyal Citizen. You can confirm that your win condition is the same as that of the Cabal?

Also, does this imply that the Malcontents possess a killing power, then?

Hmmm...

I do not know the Cabal's win condition, but because they have a faction kill it's no stretch to assume they're supposed to wipe out the Reckoners.

Clarifying edit: My win con is to remove all threats to Balelight's control of the city.

If the Malcontents are indeed a group, then that would account for the third kill at night. But if they have one, why haven't they offed me yet? I don't have a kill, so if Road was working alone as the opposite to me (because apparently I have no allies) than I don't think he had a kill.

Edited by Elenion

4 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I do not know the Cabal's win condition, but because they have a faction kill it's no stretch to assume they're supposed to wipe out the Reckoners.

Clarifying edit: My win con is to remove all threats to Balelight's control of the city.

If the Malcontents are indeed a group, then that would account for the third kill at night. But if they have one, why haven't they offed me yet? I don't have a kill, so if Road was working alone as the opposite to me (because apparently I have no allies) than I don't think he had a kill.

Hmmm... I know directly quoting a GM PM is not tolerated. However, I only need ask about one particular word here I think.

How sure are you that it specifically said Balelight's control of the city?

Hmmm... I know directly quoting a GM PM is not tolerated. However, I only need ask about one particular word here I think.

How sure are you that it specifically said Balelight's control of the city?

100%. Have it right in front of me.

Who is the last Reckoner?

Just now, Elenion said:

100%. Have it right in front of me.

Hehehe... Is that so? I don't believe that this lines up with the Epic Cabal's win condition.

6 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Who is the last Reckoner?

For the information fo who is the last reckoner, I have an unusual price.

I do not ask for information, but rather a promise.

Can you promise that it would make the game more interesting if I were to disclose this information?

Hehehe... Is that so? I don't believe that this lines up with the Epic Cabal's win condition.

I don't exactly know what the Epic Cabal's win condition is, but the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

For the information fo who is the last reckoner, I have an unusual price.

I do not ask for information, but rather a promise.

Can you promise that it would make the game more interesting if I were to disclose this information?

Let me hold off on that for a minute while I ask a couple more questions.

What is the nature of your PM with Ripple?

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

I don't exactly know what the Epic Cabal's win condition is, but the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Oh, it's similar. It's pretty much what you might expect.

But there are some minor differences, and I feel like a real Loyal Citizen would have the same exact win condition as the Cabal.

If you have any means of PMing me, please do, because seriously, I like Serial Killers almost as much as Burnt does.

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Perhaps you should ask @RippleGylf about that particular question?

Oh, it's similar. It's pretty much what you might expect.

But there are some minor differences, and I feel like a real Loyal Citizen would have the same exact win condition as the Cabal.

If you have any means of PMing me, please do, because seriously, I like Serial Killers almost as much as Burnt does.

Someone took pity on me and passed me a mobile phone. I'll give you a ring tonight, assuming we both survive.

Just now, Elenion said:

Someone took pity on me and passed me a mobile phone. I'll give you a ring tonight, assuming we both survive.

Oh, that might be my old mobile, heh.

It was a "trade" right?

Kind of them to give you a mobile though. The Black Market Dealer is a fun role. Nearly as fun as the Informant role.

Oh, that might be my old mobile, heh.

It was a "trade" right?

Kind of them to give you a mobile though. The Black Market Dealer is a fun role. Nearly as fun as the Informant role.

No trade, it just showed up. Maybe because I had nothing to trade for.

Also, is Elith the BMD? I'm fairly sure but not positive.

No trade, it just showed up. Maybe because I had nothing to trade for.

Also, is Elith the BMD? I'm fairly sure but not positive.

Not sure I want to betray the confidentiality of the BMD since I'm on good terms with them...

Ehh, he's probably already won though.

Plus, nobody really should have a reason to want to kill a BMD.

So. Yeah, Elith is the BMD.

How did you reach that conclusion, if I may ask?

Not sure I want to betray the confidentiality of the BMD since I'm on good terms with them...

Ehh, he's probably already won though.

Plus, nobody really should have a reason to want to kill a BMD.

So. Yeah, Elith is the BMD.

How did you reach that conclusion, if I may ask?

Lucky guess to try to get info out of you. Elith was the first to claim neutral, so I was confident he was neutral, but had no idea what he was.

Heh. Interesting.

What is the nature of the power that targeted you last night?

Roleblock. Kept me from using my Mobile to PM HH. It's likely an Epic since Roadwalker claimed to be Roleblocked C1.

I'm fairly sure that the last Reckoner is Ripple. I've been suspicious of her ever since she said something funky on p12, and PoE has ruled basically everyone else out.

Roleblock. Kept me from using my Mobile to PM HH. It's likely an Epic since Roadwalker claimed to be Roleblocked C1.

I'm fairly sure that the last Reckoner is Ripple. I've been suspicious of her ever since she said something funky on p12, and PoE has ruled basically everyone else out.

A roleblock? Interesting... I wish Alv was still alive so I could ask him about it.

I suspect that this is the part where I say "neither confirm nor deny" or something like that. My price for the identity of the last Reckoner remains the same.

A roleblock? Interesting... I wish Alv was still alive so I could ask him about it.

I suspect that this is the part where I say "neither confirm nor deny" or something like that. My price for the identity of the last Reckoner remains the same.

I guess it could be that HH has Ecth's defense item, but I don't see how he could have gotten his hands on it.

I've got to get to bed. Talk to you tomorrow, where we can hopefully figure out who is what.

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Let me hold off on that for a minute while I ask a couple more questions.

It doesn't exist. I have been made very, very aware of the fact that I cannot PM other players, and no one has PMed me the whole game. Which is why I really do not trust anything Drake is saying. (At least, going off of the implication that he previously specified he had a PM with me. If this is not the case, I honestly don't know what's going on.)

EDIT: @Elenion The post you were referring to as seeming off is off because I didn't want to try to claim neutral when everyone else seemed to be, in addition to not having any experience with blackout games. Rest assured, I am a neutral.

Edited by RippleGylf

9 minutes ago, RippleGylf said:

It doesn't exist. I have been made very, very aware of the fact that I cannot PM other players, and no one has PMed me the whole game. Which is why I really do not trust anything Drake is saying. (At least, going off of the implication that he previously specified he had a PM with me. If this is not the case, I honestly don't know what's going on.)

Why do you think I told Elenion to go take it up with you?

Aren't you curious to know why he thought we had a PM?

You've got one thing quite right though. You certainly shouldn't trust me :ph34r:

Anyway, see you around fellas. I might not be in the same timezone as Len but I still need sleep at some point.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Why do you think I told Elenion to go take it up with you?

Aren't you curious to know why he thought we had a PM?

You've got one thing quite right though. You certainly shouldn't trust me :ph34r:

Anyway, see you around fellas. I might not be in the same timezone as Len but I still need sleep at some point.

That's interesting...

@Elenion, could you explain your reasoning? Once you wake up, of course.

Thanks Len, and Drake, for the enlightening discussion. It is obvious there are connections everywhere. Because of the depth of your claims and various evidence you have at hand, I am inclined to let you go, Drake. It seems we should rather hunt down the Serial Killer instead. Or get the Malcontents.

But the game needs to be interesting, you say? You may make it interesting.

5 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

That's interesting...

@Elenion, could you explain your reasoning? Once you wake up, of course.

Last night I saw you viewing the thread but not posting, and hovering my mouse over your name told me you were using personal messenger. At the same time, Drake was taking a long time to respond to a couple of my posts, so I assumed you two were talking things out in PM.

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Hey, I gotta go to sleep soon too :P

From what I recall of MR23 though, you're probably up later then I am right now, heh

'night anyways

I was up to about 12:15 my time.

And I've thought of how I'll keep this game interesting. I promise: if you tell me the name of the last Reckoner, I'll do my best to make this game more interesting.

5 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

EDIT: @Elenion The post you were referring to as seeming off is off because I didn't want to try to claim neutral when everyone else seemed to be, in addition to not having any experience with blackout games. Rest assured, I am a neutral.

I'm on the fence about Drake. He appears to be working closely with Alv, which implies he's neutral, but he seems to have access to the same info about the game state as Mark claimed the Reckoners had. Alv was the Informant, was he informing to or about the Reckoners?

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

Last night I saw you viewing the thread but not posting, and hovering my mouse over your name told me you were using personal messenger. At the same time, Drake was taking a long time to respond to a couple of my posts, so I assumed you two were talking things out in PM.

I was up to about 12:15 my time.

And I've thought of how I'll keep this game interesting. I promise: if you tell me the name of the last Reckoner, I'll do my best to make this game more interesting.

I'm on the fence about Drake. He appears to be working closely with Alv, which implies he's neutral, but he seems to have access to the same info about the game state as Mark claimed the Reckoners had. Alv was the Informant, was he informing to or about the Reckoners?

I think I left the tab open while I worked on other stuff.

Well, since Drake already outed (curse you and your RP family for that, by the way,) yes, I am the Black Market Dealer.

First off, I am so, so sorry to Ecthelion III and Alvron for taking your best items.

No I won't give them back.

My win condition is to have 5 items I didn't start the game with. I currently have 3. I'd ask who has rare items, but if I leave the city, I'm pretty sure any items I have go with me, so you won't want to lose your good items. I'll just have to try and trade for them anyway. Also yeah, that was me passing that on to you, Elenion.

So I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused, but I do still want to win this game. I don't particularly care too much about whether the reckoners or epics win, and people dying actually hurts my condition, which is why I haven't voted yet this game.

That's my current position, and I'll try to be more active. I'd slacked off for a while since I was waiting on the writeups to do some more RP stuff.

Ok, I guess I should tell you all my role. 

I am a grave robber, every turn I can target someone who died the previous cycle and steal a random item from their corpse. My win condition is to survive with 5 unique items. I don't have any other abilities aside from the items I got.