FiveLate

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_2017-08-19-16-30-06.thumb.png.2543f694dd9cee394ee15e2e26db259c.png

Screenshot_2017-08-19-16-27-21.thumb.png.d36eda4f8cfc840cb1ab8037e6ee9285.png

I just wanted to say goodbye to some specific Sharders.  @Extesian @Calderis @Pagerunner @Yata @hwiles

I have appreciated all the feedback you guys have given me on my theories.  But the sheer amount of downsides I have been getting lately has been having a large negative impact on my own struggle with depression.  Looking at my history seeing 22 listings for reputation then going to the post and seeing 8 up votes is not conducive to my mental health.  I might come back and lurk at some point, but my days of posting are over.

I wish all of you well.

@FiveLate 22 to 8? that's... Wow. Sorry. 

I try to be nice, but I'm not exceptionally good with people and I know I can come across harsh at times, that said I'm happy to be listed among those who you wanted to mention specifically. 

If/when you decide to come back, I'll be here to welcome you. Sorry you had such a bad go. You put effort behind your thoughts, and always try to add to conversations. Even times that I haven't agreed with you, your posts are always more than just an addition to your post count. 

Do what you need to take care of you. 

@FiveLate I'm really sorry to see this. You put quite a bit of effort into your posts and you came up with some pretty unique ideas. I encourage you to think about the upvotes you netted rather than the downvotes you got, even if for some strange reason you got that many (and I honestly don't understand how) far more people thought it was good than bad. But I understand as well and I wish you the best with your own personal journey.  I hope we'll see more of you soon. 

I've been saying we should do away with the downvotes, but I don't run the website (nor pay the fees to upkeep it) and realize its not my call to make. Oh well, best of luck. Despite a few bad eggs I feel this is the most friendly forum out there.

Edited by Ammanas

@FiveLate

I'm sorry to hear this; you're a worthy sharder and clearly an insightful person. Though it is selfish, I hope that, in time, you will return to our little corner of the internet and once again feel comfortable chiming in and sharing your thoughts with us.

In the interim, good luck, and thank you for listing me among such notable sharders, I appreciate and am humbled by the sentiment.

16 hours ago, FiveLate said:

Screenshot_2017-08-19-16-30-06.thumb.png.2543f694dd9cee394ee15e2e26db259c.png

Screenshot_2017-08-19-16-27-21.thumb.png.d36eda4f8cfc840cb1ab8037e6ee9285.png

I just wanted to say goodbye to some specific Sharders.  @Extesian @Calderis @Pagerunner @Yata @hwiles

I have appreciated all the feedback you guys have given me on my theories.  But the sheer amount of downsides I have been getting lately has been having a large negative impact on my own struggle with depression.  Looking at my history seeing 22 listings for reputation then going to the post and seeing 8 up votes is not conducive to my mental health.  I might come back and lurk at some point, but my days of posting are over.

I wish all of you well.

FiveLate,

I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who as dealt with depression, I know things can be rough.

However, in this specific scenario, your count is completely inaccurate. The reputation show-er is doing some odd things with how it is talking up multiple people. In any case the post you have made there has been 100% upvoted.

You've been downvoted a total of three times in the past two months according to my investigation, with a TON of upvotes. This is merely you looking into the Reputation Activity thing a little too much when it is displaying info in an odd way, cumulatively. All is well!

I do have something to announce soonish on some reputation changes, but I'll save those details for when I give you guys specifics. But needless to say I don't like the way the Rep Activity thing works for you, and we can make rep more fun :)

Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, FiveLate said:

I might come back and lurk at some point, but my days of posting are over.

I do hope you reconsider.  I haven't been active again for long but I thank you for your insights into my posts and I hope that I have been insightful to yours.  From what I have seen you contribute a lot, in a good way.  

@FiveLate Your posts are always really good, I have also given you quite a bunch of upvotes. I'm really sorry to see you go, and hope you will return. I don't understand why some people are here to be a-holes, as the 17th shard is very nice, and it is one of the things I enjoy the most. And although I saw a topic about this before, I didn't comment, I've seem a few times what I deemed "unfair" downvotes, so upvoted just to set it right. Only time I find downvotes to be "fair" is when they are related to rudeness.

So, think of it this way, if you see on notifications a reputation sign, but no chanes, it means someone downvoted you for mysterious reasons, and someone else came to even the score as they disagreed with the downvote. All the best, and good luck with everything.

2 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

@FiveLate Your posts are always really good, I have also given you quite a bunch of upvotes. I'm really sorry to see you go, and hope you will return. I don't understand why some people are here to be a-holes, as the 17th shard is very nice, and it is one of the things I enjoy the most. And although I saw a topic about this before, I didn't comment, I've seem a few times what I deemed "unfair" downvotes, so upvoted just to set it right. Only time I find downvotes to be "fair" is when they are related to rudeness.

So, think of it this way, if you see on notifications a reputation sign, but no chanes, it means someone downvoted you for mysterious reasons, and someone else came to even the score as they disagreed with the downvote. All the best, and good luck with everything.

As I said, FiveLate is incorrect in their assessment here and there were zero downvotes. It's much ado about nothing in this case.

@FiveLate One of the things I appreciate about your posts is the enthusiasm to discuss that comes across. Even though I'm fairly new here, I'll miss seeing you throw out your comments. They were always fun, gracious, and humble. I always looked forward to what you wrote. Hopefully we see you again before too long.

Obviously, I had a bit of a breakdown.  I thank you all for your support.  I am not going to go into the details, if you want to know, you can pm me.  If I feel like sharing them with you I will.  If I don't, don't be offended, I am not the sort to share easily.

Once again thank you all for the kind words.

Edited by FiveLate

13 hours ago, FiveLate said:

There is a hidden meaning behind the picture....there are always more secrets...

And the secret is that it's you on this picture. You are a super intelligent puppy that has learned to read and write and now you roam the internet pretending to be human, because...

Spoiler

on-the-internet-nobody-knows-youre-a-dog

On 8/29/2017 at 4:36 AM, Mestiv said:

And the secret is that it's you on this picture. You are a super intelligent puppy that has learned to read and write and now you roam the internet pretending to be human, because...

Hide contents

on-the-internet-nobody-knows-youre-a-dog

Nope...good try though...

Your Signature really freaks me out....time to research VPNs I guess.

Edited by FiveLate
Freaks me out...

• 1 month later...

@Chaos I'm not going to throw a fit or anything, but it seems like I've been down-voted a lot lately for reasons I can't fathom. I could understand if I were being offensive, but I'm not. I'm not looking for you to do anything other than consider doing a shoutout about what down votes are for.

My philosophy on posting is that I only speak when I have something to say. So, even though I've been around for two years, my post count is relatively low. It's depressing to get a bunch of notifications and then find that only 2 out of 3 up-votes for which you were notified counted; however, I don't get my self-worth from what people think about me on the internet. It just seems like something has changed within the community to where down-votes were reserved for calling out offensive posts to one in which they are now being used to signal disagreement with a post. So, I'm asking you to clarify that if you are inclined to do so.