Heyo! I'm drawing OCs, for both practice and my own enjoyment. If you want to submit one of your OCs, you can do so below.

In your description, please include the following:

• Hair color
  • Hair length and style
  • Eye color
  • Skin color (this includes any moles, freckles, or birthmarks they may have)
  • Body type 
  • Outfit (if you have reference photos, that's even better)
  • Other assorted oddities (horns, wings, robotic arms, extra eyes, etc.)
  • Personality
  • Interests

If there's any other important information about the character, include that too.

I can draw the character two ways. Bust or full body. Bust will be them from the shoulders up, from three different angles, with three different expressions on their face. Full body will have only one angle. I'd prefer if you didn't request a pose for the character; I'd rather come up with my own, using the info you give me. Specify which way you want your character drawn.

I'll try to get to every character on here, but it's first come, first serve. if I haven't drawn your character yet, I'm still working on other ones. I look forward to drawing your characters!

Edited by The Honor Spren

Thank you for doing this! Here's my character from the same RP that Funtimes is a part of; his name is Lightwards.

Description:

He is an average-sized man, not overly lean but not very muscular either.

He wears glasses and brown, formal professor's attire; long pants, good shoes, an overcoat. You know the look. Pretty rugged from a lot of wear, and often bloodstained. (Feel free to leave that out if you don't want to get so gruesome, though.) The most distinctive part of his outfit is a shamrock-green bowler hat he's taken to wearing.

His hair is short, sandy in color.

He is Caucasian, with light skin. Not necessarily pale, but not very tanned either.

Blue eyes.

Tends to carry a large handgun with him.

Personality and interests? He is a megalomaniac necromancer who wishes to take over the world with an army of the dead. He is frequently angry and spiteful, and has no regard for the lives of others. If he's smiling, it's probably because he just killed something that'll make a very useful zombie.

Here is a very poor reference image for him, a piece of pixel art I generated from a website. Presumably your rendition would be a bit more... high resolution, but hey, you draw whatever style you want. :P I would prefer the full-body piece like you drew for Funtimes rather than the bust, though.

Hope that gives you something of a good mental image for him! If you choose to take this request don't fuss too much; I'm not that particular all things considered. :)

Edited by Kobold King

Ooooh, always eager to get some of me and my friends' OC's drawn by awesome artists X3

With that said, meet Emeralda, my RP daughter .... References and info below ~

Spoiler

Hair colour - The orangey red as it is in this would be perfect - http://sta.sh/0t5fjc7u1az
Hair style - bowlish main part, long and straight, though with a couple of locks of her fringe/bangs trying to sweep to the left, a braid running down her back to just above her hips- http://sta.sh/01ztgffh36ug http://sta.sh/017c9lr67mid
Eye colour - Deep, emerald green - http://sta.sh/01u2exmt69w2 
Skin colour - Pale, white, no birthmarks 
Outfit - The one from all these references ^^ Ignore the katana on some of them, it was based off a then-current RP, she should have a straight-bladed sword/longsword/broadsword - http://sta.sh/01obzql520xn
Other oddities - Her shield, the runes on which glow and resist magic, though feel free to not have them glow ^^
Personality - Tsundere and a total bratty/daddy's girl, she loves being spoiled and treated by him, and sweet-talking boys into doing things for her. Competitive to a fault with her mama, always wanting to get out of her shadow and upstage her. If you've ever played Fire Emblem, Severa is EXACTLY Emeralda ~
Interests - Training, shopping, being spoiled by her daddy, sweets (She has my sweet tooth), plushies, collecting weapons... 
Other info - Em is around 15/16, hence why she looks different ages in different artstyles.

Whatever kind of pose or way you'd draw her I'd love it, though if you have no ideas for a full body, her pose in this sketch would be awesome to see! - http://sta.sh/01iz0u72fe0i If you choose bust, I'd love to see one of the expressions as the puffed up, blushing, pouty, but secretly happy face she has in some of her references ^_^ Other than that suggestion/request, take your pick! I'd love to see her from all angles if you choose bust, and full body would be awesome to show off her outfit, so I can't decide, haha!

I hope you like her design and would wanna draw her! ^_^

Edited by Rawrbert

Ok. If this isn't too much, I have a OC team of 4 from RWBY.

A few things to know if you don't watch RWBY: Aura is a sort of personal energy reservoir that everyone has that works as a shield and as a physical enhancer, a Semblance is a unique power everyone has that is powered by Aura, Faunus are a race that appear human, but have certain animalistic traits, Dust is a naturally occurring combustible mineral that can be triggered by Aura.

Nocturna Indigo

Nocturna is the leader of Team NGHT (pronounced "night"), and is the motherly and responsible one of the group. She is mostly quiet and soft-spoken, but by no means shy, just humble.

She is fiercely protective of her team and is a calm and competent leader, both on the battlefield and in school.

Age- 17

Gender- Female

Race- Faunus (Bat)

Height- 1.60 (5’3)

Appearance- Dark navy-blue hair (usually worn down, to the small of her back). Ice-blue eyes. Slim build. Caucasian skin and features. Sharp canines. Fingernails capable of growing into claws, but are barely noticeable because she keeps them well-trimmed. Slightly pointed ears. Usually wears utilitarian pants and a plain white shirt. She wears her weapons, Cama and Zotz, on a leather belt. Over her clothes she wears an enveloping navy-blue cape with her emblem emblazoned on the back along with several spots of white-blue.

Weapons- Two large gun-knives (Dust-compatible) (it's anime logic, don't question it) named Cama and Zotz. Several weighted throwing knives. Multitudes of tiny pieces of metal sharpened on all sides kept in pouches. They can be thrown in sweeps and clouds.

Semblance- Able to generate supersonic blasts from her mouth.

Emblem- A simple blue bat design with a white shattered moon overlaying it.

Beira Geal (pronounced "gyal")

Beira’s an owl Faunus, but her personality is at odds with her nature. Owls are silent creatures, yet she has a boisterous, outgoing demeanor. This juxtaposition is illustrated by the names of her weapons: Cailleach (KAY-ech. Ch as in “loch”) and Brighde; the names of the Celtic goddesses of winter and spring, respectively. (sorry if I got this reference wrong).

Her semblance also echoes her nature, creating silence, allowing her to pass unseen and unheard, but that is the last thing she would want (outside of a battle).

Although she may seem like a social butterfly, in reality she has very few friends. She has some deep-seated abandonment and trust issues from her childhood.

Age- 16

Gender- Female

Race- Faunus (Snowy Owl)

Height- 1.78 (5’8)

Appearance- Solid build. Heart-shaped face. Small nose. Chiseled features. Light skin. Freckles. Rich amber eyes. Long, thick white hair with black feathers growing in it, creating a stark contrast. She wears a black trench coat over her lightly colored shirts and skirts. She enjoys taking any opportunity to let it flap dramatically in the wind.

Weapons- Two cudgels that combine into a quarterstaff named Cailleach (KAY-ech. Ch as in “loch”) (she doesn’t use the cudgels often, preferring to combine them, she only uses them when ambushed or surprised and she doesn’t have time to combine them, thus they don’t have names). Cailleach has two bludgeoning ends and is Dust-compatible. It’s not effective as a gun, but can be used as one in a pinch. Its main use is using ice-type Dust to create ice sheets to trip up the enemy. A grenade launcher named Creel with grenades using earth-type Dust. Beira can combine Cailleach and Creel to form Brighde (she nicknamed it Brigid), a warhammer able to use Creel’s earth-type Dust to form large blast areas of disturbed earth. In addition to Creel’s earth Dust, Brighde can also use lightning-type dust.

Semblance- Beira is able to absorb sound in a bubble around her, creating a “dead zone” in which nothing can be heard and any sounds made inside it are canceled out. Beira uses this in conjunction with Nocturna, helping her sneak around without detection and use her knives.

Emblem- Outline of a branch with two icicles hanging from it in the middle of a flame design.

Henrique Ebony

Henrique comes from a well off family. Not filthy rich, but fairly upper-class. As the eldest child, he was groomed to become a Huntsman for all of his life. He uses his weapon with precision and imposes upon himself a more stringent lifestyle than his friends.

His parents encouraged his training, but at the same time were very judgmental of his actions and accomplishments. Because of this, he occasionally suffers episodes of crippling self-doubt. Fortunately, his partner, Beira, has more than enough confidence to go around and he finds her can-do attitude to be both inspiring and a great comfort during dark times. Beira is aware of this and unfailingly comforts and motivates him when he shows signs of shutting down.

He learned how to sew when he was young and he makes a hobby of it. He is embarrassed by it and tries to hide it from his friends. They find out eventually, though.

Age-17

Gender- Male

Race- Faunus (Spider)

Height- 1.70 (5’5)

Appearance- Black hair. Pale skin. Violet eyes; eight of them. Two human ones and six smaller ones scattered across his face. He has learned to keep all but his two main ones closed to give the appearance of human eyes to avoid unsettling people, but can open them to greatly improve his close-range vision. Thin, lined face. High cheekbones. Roman nose. Slender frame. His shirt looks like a black ceremonial military coat with silver accents. Grey pants. He wears his katana in its mechanical sheath on his hip.

Weapon- Henrique wields a katana with a Dust blade named Dustweaver. Henrique uses his impressive command of Aura to imbue the blade with power and set off the Dust in a controlled burst, essentially igniting his ammunition without the need for a gun. Dustweaver’s blade needs to be replaced periodically because of Henrique using up its material for blasts of power. He carries a mechanical sheath on his hip which is capable of creating new Dust blades, but it takes about a day. Because of this, he always keeps a spare blade in his sheath, ready to be instantly attached to his hilt.

Semblance- Henrique is able to create invisible lines of energy on the ground that stick to anything they touch. He uses it to ensnare opponents. The thickness and strength of the lines are determined by the amount of Auric energy he invests in them. He cannot create a line that is not touching him. The line has to originate with him and then radiate outward. Once the line is set, Henrique is free to move again.

Emblem- Spider web design with Dustweaver displayed beneath it.

Taipan Verdi

Tai is the edgelord of the group with a dark past. He's usually very quiet and serious, but he can still smile occasionally.

Age- 17

Gender- Male

Race- Faunus (Snake)

Height- 1.85 (6’0)

Appearance- Bright green eyes. Chocolate-brown skin. Moderately muscular upper body, but with slender legs. Broad features. Heavy brow. Thick jaw. Black, wavy hair, worn short. Usually wearing a serious expression. Doesn’t smile often, but if he did, two hollow fangs would be visible. His blood is venomous and can be injected through his fangs. When he does so, his eyes become snake-like with a solid green hue and slit pupils. Wears loose black pants that allow his legs a lot of flexibility. He has a belt made of plaited brown leather cords and a bronze belt buckle. Loose olive-green long-sleeved shirt with strips of black leather wrapped around the sleeves to keep them from billowing and around his hands to provide some cushioning when he makes contact in a fight and to afford him some extra grip on his staff. Under the straps on his right forearm he wears the remains of his rainbow-colored childhood blanket; the last thing he has from his mother.

Weapons- Verdant Harmony is a bo staff that doubles as a didgeridoo. The body of the staff is made of hardwood with swirling designs carved into it. It is hollow and has a gun component that can be attached to the end and used as a sort of rocket launcher, though smaller. Because of the hollow nature of Verdant Harmony, it can’t pack that much of a punch by itself, so Tai fills it…with more instruments, naturally. He has a wooden flute and an alto recorder inside heavily padded compartments which he inserts into the hollow section and caps off the open end. The added weight of the instruments and their cases adds enough heft to make the staff dangerous. As an added bonus, Tai can allow air to flow through the staff, “playing” the instruments in mid-battle. He can form surprisingly complex melodies and even harmonies. That is where the name of the weapon comes from. Tai has invented musical katas to go along with his customized weapon. They aren’t very practical from a combat standpoint, but they produce beautiful music.

Semblance- Hypnosis. Not complete control over anyone he wants. He’s able to infuse his eyes and voice with his Aura which makes his target susceptible to suggestion. His eyes respond to the activation of his Semblance in the same way that they react to the discharge of venom; they become a solid green with slit pupils. However, he can regulate the amount of Aura he invests in it, thus conserving Aura and preventing his eyes from getting too green and making the target suspicious. If he has to bring his full power to bear, he might be able to convince the target to ignore his snake eyes, but it might not work, so it’s a risk.

Emblem- Verdant Harmony with a snake wrapped around it.

I don't mind how you draw them, but it would be cool if you could incorporate their emblems as well :)

I hope this isn't too much info. I tried to parse it down from the full doc.

Speaking of which, if you or anyone else is interested, here's the doc that talks about their backstories and everything else (like one of the coolest things in RWBY: all of the characters are in some way loosely based off of legendary/mythical/historical characters. I did the same with ancient cultures' animal spirits)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TdJVVFpTuhcS1TZVFMRzZhdHc/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Pinnacle-Ferring
Fixing spoiler tags. Edit- unsuccessfully. It's getting late, I'll fix them tomorrow. The text is all there. Edit edit- I think it's good now. Edit edit edit- never mind, everything is awful. forget it

Contemporary human. The name's Plague and he's a decay mage - what he touches crumbles to dust. His appearance reflects that. He's in twenties. Tends to lean a little.

Hair: messy, not short but not reaching the shoulders either. Black.
Sunken dark eyes.
Caucasian, pale skin.
Very skinny, almost underfed. He's high (~ 6 feet), long limbs - overall it gives a slight impression that somebody stretched him.

He dresses in standard T-Shirt + jeans combo, all dark gray/black. Variation of shades appreciated. Clothes are clean but they look rugged/worn anyway.
EDIT: Now I have thought about it, why don't break up the dark colors with something more colorful?

Personality: enjoys dark humor. But don't think he's all "dark and edgy" - he likes to have fun, party all night, those kinds of things. He always seems to know what's happening in the city, keeps track of all the events, knows all the good places. Likes to smile. Smokes sometimes.

Items - keeps a few bracelets (reference) on left forearm. If you're up to it, his weapon is a sword which looks rusted. There's inscription on the blade which reads "Vanitas".

Interests: he's a geek, he reads but mostly he roleplays RPG. Trained martial arts for few years. Listens to metal and those weird kinds of music I can't comprehend :D

EDIT: Full body drawing.

Edited by Oversleep

So...this is a character from something I've been writing, his name is Aster and he's human. He's quite young, maybe ten or younger. Further description in the spoiler.

Spoiler

He has fairly short dirty-blond hair, messy. Cut in a way that has been done by his grandfather, so of course not very well. He has dark green eyes. He used to work on a farm, and now does a lot of travelling, so he's usually a bit dirty and is white-skinned with a fairly dark tan. He also has the occassional frecle on his face. He is small, short, but also quite wiry and fairly strong for his age. Unfortunately, his outfit changes when he goes to different places a bit, but it's always fairly simple so I suppose just a simple shirt with trousers/leggings (by leggings, I mean the old fashioned type of legging in medieveal fantasy style, not like what we have). 

So...personality and interests. I was originally going to explain his entire backstory, but nevermind, because that'll take way too long. So...he's quite a determined young child, and is also surprisingly smart and resourceful. He's very solom and serious for someone as young as he is, because he's been through a lot. He doesn't really think of himself as being that young. He doesn't really have anyone who's close to him anymore, after his parents died when he was little and then his grandfather died later, and he doesn't make any friends later partly because he feels he doesn't need them, and because he feels like all those he's close to have a tendency to die etc. So he actually likes being alone, partly because of what I said before and partly because he feels like they treat him like a little child, not knowing what he's been through and what he's capable of. He likes being independent and doing things on his own. As for interests, he likes goats, because they used to have them on the farm, and still loves goat milk and cheese. He also likes animals. That's about it, and I would lie the drawing as a bust. Just ask if you need any more info.

4 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Thank you for doing this! Here's my character from the same RP that Funtimes is a part of; his name is Lightwards.

Description:

Reveal hidden contents

He is an average-sized man, not overly lean but not very muscular either.

He wears glasses and brown, formal professor's attire; long pants, good shoes, an overcoat. You know the look. Pretty rugged from a lot of wear, and often bloodstained. (Feel free to leave that out if you don't want to get so gruesome, though.) The most distinctive part of his outfit is a shamrock-green bowler hat he's taken to wearing.

His hair is short, sandy in color.

He is Caucasian, with light skin. Not necessarily pale, but not very tanned either.

Blue eyes.

Tends to carry a large handgun with him.

Personality and interests? He is a megalomaniac necromancer who wishes to take over the world with an army of the dead. He is frequently angry and spiteful, and has no regard for the lives of others. If he's smiling, it's probably because he just killed something that'll make a very useful zombie.

Here is a very poor reference image for him, a piece of pixel art I generated from a website. Presumably your rendition would be a bit more... high resolution, but hey, you draw whatever style you want. :P I would prefer the full-body piece like you drew for Funtimes rather than the bust, though.

Hope that gives you something of a good mental image for him! If you choose to take this request don't fuss too much; I'm not that particular all things considered. :)

That was a fun one to draw!

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I went ahead and read a little bit of What Happened in Portland for extra information. At first I thought that I could draw him with his vulture on his arm, but then I realized that I don't know how to draw a vulture and while making a picture for someone else is not the best time to learn. So, I imagine this as him giving Funtimes the death glare for turning his radio into a piece of steak.

1 minute ago, The Honor Spren said:

Hide contents

image.jpeg

I went ahead and read a little bit of What Happened in Portland for extra information. At first I thought that I could draw him with his vulture on his arm, but then I realized that I don't know how to draw a vulture and while making a picture for someone else is not the best time to learn. So, I imagine this as him giving Funtimes the death glare for turning his radio into a piece of steak.

That is awesome and, as with Funtimes, almost exactly how I'd pictured him. :D 

(Will upvote later. I'm tempted to ask you to draw Quota being slapped, but I won't. :P

52 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Hide contents

image.jpeg

I am beaming ear to ear right now. :D This is utterly fantastic and you should feel utterly fantastic. 

...the Queen Mother looked at this and said immediately that without his hat and glasses he'd look a lot like me. Given how strikingly close this is to how I envision him in my head, I am now pondering the implications of my apparently having subconsciously modeled my insane necromantic supervillain off of myself.

Okay, Oregon OC seem to be working well, so I'd request Voidgaze.

Spoiler

Long white hair, red eyes and pale skin. She's somewhat on the chubby side and looks about 20 years old, maybe a bit younger.

She wears a long white cloak with long sleeves and I do mean that unles they're rolled back a good meter or so longer than her arms. The cloak also has multiple tazzles on it that are essentially just additional strips of white fabric.Recently she also got a scarf as a further addition.

The amount of fabric there might seemed a bit exessive at first but it interacts with her powers, which appart from requiring the power white to work, allow her to move the fabric with a great amount of dexterity to keep it from encumbering her.

As far as her personality goes, a lack of social interactions made her rather peculiar, so while upbeat she also tends to ramble on just about every tangent that comes to her mind. She herself is somewhat of a couch potato and would be satisfied with just doing more or less nothing all day long, though it isn'tver hard to actually motivate her into doing something either.

I would appreciate a full body piece.

On January 14, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Rawrbert said:

Ooooh, always eager to get some of me and my friends' OC's drawn by awesome artists X3

With that said, meet Emeralda, my RP daughter .... References and info below ~

Reveal hidden contents

Hair colour - The orangey red as it is in this would be perfect - http://sta.sh/0t5fjc7u1az
Hair style - bowlish main part, long and straight, though with a couple of locks of her fringe/bangs trying to sweep to the left, a braid running down her back to just above her hips- http://sta.sh/01ztgffh36ug http://sta.sh/017c9lr67mid
Eye colour - Deep, emerald green - http://sta.sh/01u2exmt69w2 
Skin colour - Pale, white, no birthmarks 
Outfit - The one from all these references ^^ Ignore the katana on some of them, it was based off a then-current RP, she should have a straight-bladed sword/longsword/broadsword - http://sta.sh/01obzql520xn
Other oddities - Her shield, the runes on which glow and resist magic, though feel free to not have them glow ^^
Personality - Tsundere and a total bratty/daddy's girl, she loves being spoiled and treated by him, and sweet-talking boys into doing things for her. Competitive to a fault with her mama, always wanting to get out of her shadow and upstage her. If you've ever played Fire Emblem, Severa is EXACTLY Emeralda ~
Interests - Training, shopping, being spoiled by her daddy, sweets (She has my sweet tooth), plushies, collecting weapons... 
Other info - Em is around 15/16, hence why she looks different ages in different artstyles.

Whatever kind of pose or way you'd draw her I'd love it, though if you have no ideas for a full body, her pose in this sketch would be awesome to see! - http://sta.sh/01iz0u72fe0i If you choose bust, I'd love to see one of the expressions as the puffed up, blushing, pouty, but secretly happy face she has in some of her references ^_^ Other than that suggestion/request, take your pick! I'd love to see her from all angles if you choose bust, and full body would be awesome to show off her outfit, so I can't decide, haha!

I hope you like her design and would wanna draw her! ^_^

And . . . Finished!

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I did the one on the bottom left more cartoony than my usual style. I had fun with the colors and focused on blending them. I didn't realize before hand, but it turns out that drawing three faces takes longer than drawing one person from full body.

I also noticed in one of her reference photos, that her mom is Erza? Is that man next to her, her dad, because, iF YOU THINK ERZA MARRIED ANYONE OTHER THAN JELLAL, YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING-- I mean, I am disappointed in your shipping choices.

8 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

And . . . Finished!

Hide contents

image.jpeg

I did the one on the bottom left more cartoony than my usual style. I had fun with the colors and focused on blending them. I didn't realize before hand, but it turns out that drawing three faces takes longer than drawing one person from full body.

I also noticed in one of her reference photos, that her mom is Erza? Is that man next to her, her dad, because, iF YOU THINK ERZA MARRIED ANYONE OTHER THAN JELLAL, YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING-- I mean, I am disappointed in your shipping choices.

Oh WOW, she looks so awesome! I love all of the expressions, especially the over the shoulder one! X3 The colours blend so well, and her armour really pops, it looks solid and reflective! I love how you tried to incorporate the glow of the runes on her shield as well ^_^ The colours and expressions down suite her really well too, I especially love the hint of the smile in the pouty cartoony one! Thank you so so much!

And yes, her mother is Erza, because SCREW JELLAL. He's got a 95% chance of ending up with Erza (I'm holding out hope for the 5% chance he finally dies, and stops being a whiny ripoff of Seig in Rave), but that doesn't stop him from being the WORST. >:T I shall argue this FORE-ahem... I mean, I respectfully disagree with your opinion on ships, especially with regards to my Emeralda and the existence that depends on them. V_V

And the guy beside her is my OC Robert, who's literally just me with more vividly red hair xD I DID say she's my RP daughter, haha ~

Edited by Rawrbert
Originally replied to this at like 3am on my phone, wanted to gush a bit more coherantly now I've had a couple hours sleep ^_^

On 16 January 2017 at 4:43 AM, The Honor Spren said:

And . . . Finished!

Hide contents

image.jpeg

She is adorable!!

Okay, um... I'd kind of like to request a picture of my Oregon Dalles OC? Lyla Robins, photographer, orphan, and fangirl of people who don't deserve positive acknowledgement let alone a fan club.

Thing is... I have a personality for her (see below), a prop or two to associate with her...but I've been very sketchy with regards her actual appearance. :mellow: Which is to say, you would largely have carte blanche in that regard, if you decide to draw her.

What I do have...well.

So far as her physical appearance goes, she hits the 15/16 mark in terms of age. The only consistent things I've said about her are that she's scrawny, and that he has "dark" hair (though I've never specified the color of it). I've commented in the Questions thread that I was thinking of having her be of mixed race...but I never actually got past saying "There isn't any reason she has to be white, so I'm making her something other than Caucasian." 

So...yeah. What Lyla looks like wold be very much determined by you.

The reason I haven't paid attention to her physical appearance is because I'm much more interested in her personality :ph34r: I'm writing Lyla as, basically, a really messed up kid. The Reckoners is a pretty broken world, and she grew up when that stuff was starting to go down. I actually picture her as having a Borderline Personality Disorder; she tends to feel emotions hard. She's really expressive; my main description for her is that she has a wide-eyed, manic enthusiasm, but even when she's trying to play it cool she does so in a very over the top manner. 

A big part of her is that she loves epics. Getting back to that BPD, between the world she lives in and stuff her parents said before they died, part of her coping mechanism has been splitting. Lyla views epics as amazing and wants to be one, while Vanilla's are, at best, dull.

(Lyla started as an expy of Lyra Heartstrings Heartstrings, but she's developed a dash of Haruhi Suzumiya)

The way I have her showing that adoration is photographs. I picture Lyla having a large, beat-up camera; not one of the small, digital ones, but something that's old, a bit battered but still functional.

Besides that...her outfit is a green hoodie. Because Green Arrow, Quiver, I am making that a thing. :ph34r:

Hey guess what? The thread's not dead! 

@Cognizantastic

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I took the liberty of making his outfit more than just black. I meant for his expression to be focused, but I don't think I achieved that. . . . I liked doing the highlights in his hair and blending his shirt. 

@Pinnacle-Ferring I will do your team, but since your's is kind of the equivalent of four requests, I'm going to do Oversleep's, A Budgie's, Edgedancer's, and Quiver's requests before I do yours. Hope you don't mind too much. 

@Quiver no need to worry about your OC. I'm actually really excited to figure out what she should look like. :) 

14 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

@Pinnacle-Ferring I will do your team, but since your's is kind of the equivalent of four requests, I'm going to do Oversleep's, A Budgie's, Edgedancer's, and Quiver's requests before I do yours. Hope you don't mind too much.

Sure. That makes sense.

Thanks so much!

On January 14, 2017 at 8:34 PM, A Budgie said:

So...this is a character from something I've been writing, his name is Aster and he's human. He's quite young, maybe ten or younger. Further description in the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

He has fairly short dirty-blond hair, messy. Cut in a way that has been done by his grandfather, so of course not very well. He has dark green eyes. He used to work on a farm, and now does a lot of travelling, so he's usually a bit dirty and is white-skinned with a fairly dark tan. He also has the occassional frecle on his face. He is small, short, but also quite wiry and fairly strong for his age. Unfortunately, his outfit changes when he goes to different places a bit, but it's always fairly simple so I suppose just a simple shirt with trousers/leggings (by leggings, I mean the old fashioned type of legging in medieveal fantasy style, not like what we have). 

So...personality and interests. I was originally going to explain his entire backstory, but nevermind, because that'll take way too long. So...he's quite a determined young child, and is also surprisingly smart and resourceful. He's very solom and serious for someone as young as he is, because he's been through a lot. He doesn't really think of himself as being that young. He doesn't really have anyone who's close to him anymore, after his parents died when he was little and then his grandfather died later, and he doesn't make any friends later partly because he feels he doesn't need them, and because he feels like all those he's close to have a tendency to die etc. So he actually likes being alone, partly because of what I said before and partly because he feels like they treat him like a little child, not knowing what he's been through and what he's capable of. He likes being independent and doing things on his own. As for interests, he likes goats, because they used to have them on the farm, and still loves goat milk and cheese. He also likes animals. That's about it, and I would lie the drawing as a bust. Just ask if you need any more info.

Boop-de-doop.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

When I was trying to come up with his third expression, I noticed that both of my previous expressions were negative. I wanted to have his reaction to something that made him happy . . . The only thing that you mentioned making him happy was goats. So, it kind of just morphed into chibi Aster with a hoofed companion. :ph34r: 

45 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Boop-de-doop.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

When I was trying to come up with his third expression, I noticed that both of my previous expressions were negative. I wanted to have his reaction to something that made him happy . . . The only thing that you mentioned making him happy was goats. So, it kind of just morphed into chibi Aster with a hoofed companion. :ph34r: 

That's amazing! The third one is really adorable.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugggggh . . . Hands @Oversleep

Spoiler

image.jpeg

For this one, I wouldn't be too surprised if you asked me to redo it (though you'd have to wait in line after Pinnacle Ferring). I had no internet when I drew this and couldn't look at your description. So I know it's off. The eyes are the wrong color, the pants are lighter than they should be, you never said anything about headphones, etc. . . Sorry.

3 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

The eyes are the wrong color

Don't mind.

the pants are lighter than they should be

I've said something about throwing some color in, so they're all right.

you never said anything about headphones

I did say something about being music fan so they're in-character all right. Funny thing: the person that inspired this character has headphones like that and he does wear them like that.

All in all I like it :)

On January 30, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Oversleep said:

All in all I like it :)

Thank you, I'm glad that you do. :) 

@Edgedancer

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Here we have Voridgaze considering if getting up is really worth it. I didn't really know what a long cloak is supposed to be, so it's actually more of a flowing dress? Also, everyone (including me) likes to complain about how hard hands are, but no one ever talks about how difficult the feet are. :huh:

4 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

@Edgedancer

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Here we have Voridgaze considering if getting up is really worth it. I didn't really know what a long cloak is supposed to be, so it's actually more of a flowing dress? Also, everyone (including me) likes to complain about how hard hands are, but no one ever talks about how difficult the feet are. :huh:

Yeah, I always wondered if i properly managed to explain her clothes. Not that it matters much, people can change them after all. :ph34r:
I still like it though, so no worries. ;)

EDIT: Like seriously, she's adorable. Good job.

Edited by Edgedancer
Didn't show enough appreciation for good artwork

• 2 weeks later...

@Quiver Ahh I'm so sorry! I finished this Saturday night, but forgot to post it.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I have no idea if this is what you vaguely pictured, and I get the feeling it probably wasn't, but I had fun drawing it.

Regarding decisions on her appearance, before I started drawing her, I selected a random (skin colored) marker and based her ethnicity around that. In anime, pigtails = childish or immature, hence her hairstyle.

You said she's a fan girl  but for epics, so I kept that in mind while designing her outfit. When I was looking up reference photos for her hoodie, I saw a short sleeved one and I really like how it looked. It's a light green because I couldn't find my dark green pencil. I know a skirt isn't very practical, BUT I WANTED TO DRAW A SKIRT, DAGNABIT. Also it's purple, because my 7yo sister was watching me color this and told me I should make the skirt purple.

For the camera, I just googled "old cameras" and copied one of the results onto paper. 乁(ツ)ㄏ 

@The Honor Spren

Considering my mental image was "Is a girl", I'd say you didn't do too bad a job :PI actually like the pig-tail look; I had had a vague idea of, like... short sort of short hairstyle, but a pigtail definitely gives her a different and more distinctive silhouette. :ph34r:

... Man, I hate commenting on art. I always feel like I should say stuff, but... I'm not an artist, so I feel especially unqualified to comment on things. :wacko: So far as Lyla goes, though, I like it. 

I actually find the fact that you used purple amusing. I'm sure there's some color theory thing on why it works well opposite green... but I find it funny since Green/Purple are the two colors associated with Lex Luthor. Lyla's whole deal is that she's an MLP expy is drawing from superhero motifs; the camera is meant to be from Jimmy Olson (or, I guess, Peter Parker), and her surname is Robins (as in...that Robin), so having a color scheme linking her to Lex is a pretty neat thing.

Thanks! And sorry for how long it took to get back to you with this.

Honor Spren I love your style. It's equally awesome and adorable.

On 1 February 2017 at 6:04 PM, The Honor Spren said:

@Edgedancer

Hide contents

image.jpeg

I guess people have less occasion to draw feet than hands. :l