Hello, I have been looking around on this thread and have decided to that I would like to join it!

I have the first inkling of what I would like my OC to be and would like some help creating it. I hope that one of you will be so kind as to grant me this request.

My Epic's name is Showtune, and, as his name implies, causes others around to break out into beautifully choreographer-ed song and dance (yes I have read the rules and will not RP anyone without permission) he is a very weak Epic and can be killed easily, so I am mainly doing him for fun. He is a very eccentric man and doesn't like being told what to do.

Well, I have been looking at either Corvallis or Salem as of right now, but as I said I only have the first grain of an idea for an RP and I would like him/her to be finalized before I decide where they shall reside. 

(Also, I looked over the Rules and Etiquette forum again and couldn't find anything in there about what a first RP could be, so could you please tell me what I those rules happen to be?)

5 minutes ago, OmeGaster said:

Well, I have been looking at either Corvallis or Salem as of right now, but as I said I only have the first grain of an idea for an RP and I would like him/her to be finalized before I decide where they shall reside. 

(Also, I looked over the Rules and Etiquette forum again and couldn't find anything in there about what a first RP could be, so could you please tell me what I those rules happen to be?)

I do think that the idea of forced dance numbers and the like would be pretty hilarious entertainment for the arena that fits in nicely without interruptng much of anything that's going on. What do you think, @Voidus ?

(I don't think your character pitch broke any rules either.)

9 minutes ago, OmeGaster said:

The main rule regarding first characters is that a player's first Epic can't have a prime invincibility. Showtune doesn't seem to break that rule (and seems like a ton of fun, too) so you're good.

27 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

The main rule regarding first characters is that a player's first Epic can't have a prime invincibility. Showtune doesn't seem to break that rule (and seems like a ton of fun, too) so you're good.

30 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

I do think that the idea of forced dance numbers and the like would be pretty hilarious entertainment for the arena that fits in nicely without interruptng much of anything that's going on. What do you think, @Voidus ?

(I don't think your character pitch broke any rules either.)

Thanks for clearing that up, I've been thinking about my character a lot as of yet andthink I might be finished as of tomorrow. I'll post something then and then maybe you guys could tell me if I'm missing anything. :P Again, thank you for making me feel more welcomed here than I thought I would be!

2 hours ago, OmeGaster said:

Thanks for clearing that up, I've been thinking about my character a lot as of yet andthink I might be finished as of tomorrow. I'll post something then and then maybe you guys could tell me if I'm missing anything. :P Again, thank you for making me feel more welcomed here than I thought I would be!

I'm glad you feel welcome. Believe me, I know how it feels. I'm not even half a year old... on this site, I mean. I asked to join and I was terrified, but I think you'll find that we're a more welcome group than most, even if we're a bit on the... interesting mentality, side of things...;)

Anyways, welcome to the reckonverse, where insanity is normality! I look forward to what you create, and the effect it has on this complex ecosystem!:lol::D

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Well, me and Showtune are back, and with a chart!

Spoiler

Name: Showtune

Primary Power: Musical

Spoiler

This power causes everyone to break out into spontaneous song and dance. (He is does NOT have to be singing for people to sing, they will sing when he deems it necessary.) Music (and, on occasion, spotlights) will come from no known source.

If you are not singing, you are instantly filled with utter confusion, which he has deemed to name the "Flynn Ryder Exception."

Personality: 

Spoiler

Showtune is a very egotistical and eccentric man. He believes that the world is a stage, and he is the star performer. He will let others "take the stage" from time to time, but mostly because he wants the "secondary characters to be nice and rounded."

He seems to favor a white button-up shirt and a bow tie with black pants and shoes. He will were any sort of hat, but prefers flatcaps and fedoras.

Backstory:

Spoiler

Showtune was about five years old when a tragedy struck him when his house burned down and both of his parents died. He was taken to an orphanage where he was shunned from this particular subculture of humanity for reasons currently unknown. One day, a travelling troupe came to his city. He joined up with them and quickly rose to stardom. When Calamity hit, he soon faded back into obscurity. Then he got his powers, which began act two of his life. He has amassed a small following of people which he has named "Showmen" after his original acting troupe. Our sources tell us that he is currently heading to Oregon.

What do you guys think? :P

11 minutes ago, OmeGaster said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

This power causes everyone to break out into spontaneous song and dance. (He is does NOT have to be singing for people to sing, they will sing when he deems it necessary.) Music (and, on occasion, spotlights) will come from no known source.

If you are not singing, you are instantly filled with utter confusion, which he has deemed to name the "Flynn Ryder Exception."

Personality: 

Hide contents

Showtune is a very egotistical and eccentric man. He believes that the world is a stage, and he is the star performer. He will let others "take the stage" from time to time, but mostly because he wants the "secondary characters to be nice and rounded."

He seems to favor a white button-up shirt and a bow tie with black pants and shoes. He will were any sort of hat, but prefers flatcaps and fedoras.

Backstory:

Hide contents

Showtune was about five years old when a tragedy struck him when his house burned down and both of his parents died. He was taken to an orphanage where he was shunned from this particular subculture of humanity for reasons currently unknown. One day, a travelling troupe came to his city. He joined up with them and quickly rose to stardom. When Calamity hit, he soon faded back into obscurity. Then he got his powers, which began act two of his life. He has amassed a small following of people which he has named "Showmen" after his original acting troupe. Our sources tell us that he is currently heading to Oregon.

I think I love him. :lol: 

34 minutes ago, OmeGaster said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Personality: 

Reveal hidden contents

Backstory:

Hide contents

I think he sounds highly enjoyable. :P I mean if I wanted to be critical I could point out that his power actually has the potential to be fairly devastating, especially against non High Epic opponents but nothing game breaking.
In accordance with my reponsibility as one of the resident power analysing dudes, I have to ask if the music and light are something he physically summons or illusions, as well as how much control he has over them. Plus, is the confusion caused by it of supernatural kind or just you know refering to the fact that it would actually utterly confuse most people. :P

Also, now I'm wondering what sin deals with not caring about social constructs and disturbing them for personal enjoyment. :huh:

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

I think he sounds highly enjoyable. :P I mean if I wanted to be critical I could point out that his power actually has the potential to be fairly devastating, especially against non High Epic opponents but nothing game breaking.
In accordance with my reponsibility as one of the resident power analysing dudes, I have to ask if the music and light are something he physically summons or illusions, as well as how much control he has over them. Plus, is the confusion caused by it of supernatural kind or just you know refering to the fact that it would actually utterly confuse most people. :P

Also, now I'm wondering what sin deals with not caring about social constructs and disturbing them for personal enjoyment. :huh:

QUESTION ONE: You can still shoot him while you are singing, but you have to do it DRAMATICALLY and in song form.

QUESTION TWO: It's an illusion which he uses to match the current situation and his (or whomever's singing's) mood. Think of it like he's making the area around him a musical.

QUESTION THREE: It's Supernatural, but any sort of healing ability will immediately negate it.

QUESTION FOUR: It's called being extremely blithe. :P 

Spoiler
blithe
blīT͟H,blīTH/
adjective
  1. showing a casual and cheerful indifference considered to be callous or improper.
    "a blithe disregard for the rules of the road"

I'm glad that everyone seems to enjoy my Epic, and I think I might join Salem if it gets approved.

(Also, has anyone made an Epic named Brony, :P)

Edited by OmeGaster
Extending

4 hours ago, OmeGaster said:

QUESTION ONE: You can still shoot him while you are singing, but you have to do it DRAMATICALLY and in song form.

QUESTION TWO: It's an illusion which he uses to match the current situation and his (or whomever's singing's) mood. Think of it like he's making the area around him a musical.

QUESTION THREE: It's Supernatural, but any sort of healing ability will immediately negate it.

QUESTION FOUR: It's called being extremely blithe. :P 

Reveal hidden contents
blithe
blīT͟H,blīTH/
adjective
  1. showing a casual and cheerful indifference considered to be callous or improper.
    "a blithe disregard for the rules of the road"

I'm glad that everyone seems to enjoy my Epic, and I think I might join Salem if it gets approved.

(Also, has anyone made an Epic named Brony, :P)

Salem now work well for him, all things considered!:D

And, no. No-one has made that one. Now, however, my mind is suddenly filled with about seven thousand or so different possibilties... I both thank you and must ask why you would so callously give me such a brilliant new idea that is rightfully yours.;)

:lol:

Seriously though, good job on the epic! I am really looking forward to (role)playing with you! 

18 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Salem now work well for him, all things considered!:D

And, no. No-one has made that one. Now, however, my mind is suddenly filled with about seven thousand or so different possibilties... I both thank you and must ask why you would so callously give me such a brilliant new idea that is rightfully yours.;)

:lol:

Seriously though, good job on the epic! I am really looking forward to (role)playing with you! 

Thank You! :D

(You can have Brony if you want, I have no plans on making them at all. I was just wondering because there are a ton of ponies in here and it seemed like something you guus would do!)

7 minutes ago, OmeGaster said:

Thank You! :D

(You can have Brony if you want, I have no plans on making them at all. I was just wondering because there are a ton of ponies in here and it seemed like something you guus would do!)

Nope, no ingame Brony Epic but there's plenty of ponified versions of our Epics, so there's that. :P

In keeping with old habits, I have emerged from the shadowy realms where things of little and great relevance to reality occur and brought with me a post.

At best you may find it engaging, at worst it will remind you of that one food you couldn't stand as a child, but were forced to eat anyway.

Enjoy ;)

1 hour ago, yamikuronue said:

So this seems to be the out-of-character area for this board? Am I right?

I'm new to the forums and trying to figure out a good RP to jump into. Is this a good one?

You are. :) 

Depends on what kind of RP you're looking for. This one is based on the Reckoners series and set in pre-apocalyptic Oregon, with each thread centering on a different city or town and the conflict specific to that city. Some threads are open to new Epics, and others are open to non-Epic characters only. 

I'd be fine with doing a non-Epic. I'm mostly looking for more people to play with; I've been doing freeform elsewhere for years, but it's been a while since I joined a new community. I'm more concerned with how hard it is for a new player to jump in; I don't know how much backstory and extra-book canon you may have built up?

1 hour ago, yamikuronue said:

So this seems to be the out-of-character area for this board? Am I right?

I'm new to the forums and trying to figure out a good RP to jump into. Is this a good one?

Welcome. Pretty much what Twi said. It is purely optional but I might as well mention that for most, if not all areas, there are still Epics around of players that have left us. So in case you feel like picking up an already established character that may let you get into the cities that don't accept new Epics, the option exsists.

This is however entirely optional and wanting to create your own character instead is perfectly understandable.

Edit: and I see you just responded, let me write a better answer for that.

@yamikuronueThe overall amount of new canon isn't that overwhelming, especially if you just focus on one location. Some can be summed up in a couple of sentences. If anything there's a good amount of characters but there are only so many you need to know instantly, plus we have mostly complte character sheets if you loof at the "Epics of Oregon" topic.

@bleeder It's not a big deal but seeing how most people make the assumption I might as well point out that, while it is very colorful, the burst that comes with Shiny's teleportation isn't loud, nor bright enough to blind someone standing right next to her for that matter.

Edited by Edgedancer

1 minute ago, yamikuronue said:

@Edgedancer I did see that :) I'm awful with canons and I suspect adopted chars would be much the same way, but I do intend to browse and see if anything catches my eye. 

Alright, understandable.

Putting it here again to make sure you don't miss the edit. :ph34r:

The overall amount of new canon isn't that overwhelming, especially if you just focus on one location. Some can be summed up in a couple of sentences. If anything there's a good amount of characters but there are only so many you need to know instantly, plus we have mostly complte character sheets if you loof at the "Epics of Oregon" topic.

Edited by Edgedancer