Sexual Orientation?

soyperson

3 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I'm a boring hetero guy, so I don't think I have much to contribute :P

3 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

This Edgedancer is also a hetero guy, so I guess we can be boring together.:P

2 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

I am boring and straight as well though.

I am a boring straight girl! Shakin' things up now. :P

5 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Eh...I've made enough oblique references that I might as well just say it: Kinsey 5, though "gay" takes less time to say. 

I'm pretty sure at this point, anyway. I might just go with "Apache helicopter" as my official answer. :ph34r::P 

Kinsey? Helicopters?

please do explain. 

4 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Kinsey? Helicopters?

please do explain. 

Kinsey scale works on a scare of 1 to 6 to describe one's attractiveness to the same sex, 1 being totally hetero and 6 being totally fab-u-loussss! Cough...

So Twi would be a smidgen under homosexuality, but for most practical purposes can be considered gay.

A helicopter is a vehicle that uses gyroscoptic witchcraft to fly.

53 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Helicopters?

Here you go.

44 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

A helicopter is a vehicle that uses gyroscoptic witchcraft to fly.

It's scientific gyrocopic witchcraft! (As opposed to unscientific gyroscopic witchcraft which is totally different thing! Know your witchcrafts!)

I'm a 1 on the Kinsey scale, which is colloquially known as "heteroflexible".  Basically, I am mostly attracted to guys.  Every once in a while there's a lady who might press a couple of hormone buttons, but if given a choice between 1) sleeping with Kate Beckinsale or 2) raiding her costume wardrobe, I'd pick the second option.

19 hours ago, Quadrophenia said:

Well... 

I'm genderqueer, I identify as both genders and sort of... switch in-between. Sometimes I feel like a laidback dude or I get really upbeat and peppy as a girl. It depends, I think it's a hormonal thing.

But that's not the topic, so sexual orientation wise... pansexual. But if I had to break it down, guys generally tend to come first in my mind.

Genderfluid is more common than people think.  The person I have referred to in the past as my unofficially adopted little sister is genderfluid and pansexual.  Zie's also polyamorous and has the most adorable little polyfamily.

18 hours ago, Quadrophenia said:

Wouldn't that make you asexual or aggressively celibate? 

Asexuality generally means that one doesn't experience sexual attraction.  That's very different from experiencing it and finding it annoying. :)

Just now, Kaymyth said:

I'm a 1 on the Kinsey scale, which is colloquially known as "heteroflexible".  Basically, I am mostly attracted to guys.  Every once in a while there's a lady who might press a couple of hormone buttons, but if given a choice between 1) sleeping with Kate Beckinsale or 2) raiding her costume wardrobe, I'd pick the second option.

I've got a friend with a massive man-crush on Nick Offerman... 's moustache. I know how that is. 

2 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Genderfluid is more common than people think.  The person I have referred to in the past as my unofficially adopted little sister is genderfluid and pansexual.  Zie's also polyamorous and has the most adorable little polyfamily.

Asexuality generally means that one doesn't experience sexual attraction.  That's very different from experiencing it and finding it annoying. :)

Aww... 

Ha! And fair play to ya. I'm usually pretty into it, but not everyone might find it as fun as I do.

7 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

I can't decide if I'm a 3 or 4 on the Kinsey scale. Maybe 3.5.Still (unsuccessfully, thus far) tryna find a boyfriend. 

And, maybe not asexual... maybe antisexual?

8 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

I've got a friend with a massive man-crush on Nick Offerman... 's moustache. I know how that is. 

Aww... 

Ha! And fair play to ya. I'm usually pretty into it, but not everyone might find it as fun as I do.

I continue to be bewildered by these super-serious teens on the site who are all, "Yeah, I like this person, but I'm not ready to date yet and I am going to ignore the feels."  I suspect wizardry on their part.

3 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I can't decide if I'm a 3 or 4 on the Kinsey scale. Maybe 3.5.Still (unsuccessfully, thus far) tryna find a boyfriend. 

And, maybe not asexual... maybe antisexual?

I realize that you're in full-blown high school teenage hormone bomb mode and this isn't all that helpful for you right now, but I promise...it gets better in college.  It becomes a lot easier to find a pool of like-minded people from which to suss out potential partners.

1 minute ago, Kaymyth said:

I continue to be bewildered by these super-serious teens on the site who are all, "Yeah, I like this person, but I'm not ready to date yet and I am going to ignore the feels."  I suspect wizardry on their part.

I realize that you're in full-blown high school teenage hormone bomb mode and this isn't all that helpful for you right now, but I promise...it gets better in college.  It becomes a lot easier to find a pool of like-minded people from which to suss out potential partners.

Listen to her, Bleeder. She's got it. 

On asexuality: An IRL friend of mine is asexual, and the way she puts it, it's not a lack of sexual awareness or a dislike of it; it's just a lack of interest. She described seeing an attractive person like looking at a beautiful painting in a gallery: She can see how beautiful it is, and she'll admire it, and appreciate it as a work of art, and perhaps want to spend more time with it so she can understand it better, but she won't want to sleep with it. 

She also wants me to write a short story about an asexual pirate who is teased by the crew until he saves them all from sirens, but my plot bunny's run away from me on that one. :ph34r: 

6 hours ago, bleeder said:

I trust her judgment. 

In point of fact, I trust all of your judgments (except, perhaps, @Darkness Ascendant :ph34r::P). That's partially why I get on here in the first place, to receive your sage advice.

You guys are cool. 

Hello. I sexually identify myself as a chair