Voidus

Is it still possible to join this? I'd like to get the stats on Dark Elves/City Elves and Spirits/Wraiths, if that's possible.

Probably end up running: magic, stealth, archery, rune magic, spoken magic, regardless of race. 

Name will be Aonar_Faileas, like usual. :P

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Voidus, can you share some of your notes with me in regards to the world itself? I have some ideas for DLCs to share with u

Will do when I get back. Going to be taking things simple for a while while everyone gets used to the setting but i like dlc ideas. :P

1 hour ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Is it still possible to join this? I'd like to get the stats on Dark Elves/City Elves and Spirits/Wraiths, if that's possible.

Probably end up running: magic, stealth, archery, rune magic, spoken magic, regardless of race. 

Name will be Aonar_Faileas, like usual. :P

It is, information coming soon.

Nice build.

31 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

OK! so are there going to be classes? like fighter or barbarian? or is it just the skills you choose make what you are?

Guilds sort of function as quasi-classes but theres not a direct analog, it's mostly your skills.

Ok, first thing, stats.
@Aonar Faileas 
Dark Elves: Nature aligned, Dark aligned, (passive) increased mana, (passive) start with stealth skill. (passive) bonus to stealth in forests or at night.
City Elves: Human aligned, (passive) increased mana, (passive) increased magic damage
Spirits: Light aligned, (passive) greatly increased physical resistance, (passive) greatly decreased endurance, (passive) immune to light damage, (passive) decreased resistance to dark damage,(passive) decreased strength, (passive) start with magic skill.
Wraiths: Dark aligned, (passive) greatly increased physical resistance, (passive) greatly decreased endurance, (passive) immune to dark damage, (passive) decreased resistance to light damage, (passive) decreased strength, (passive) start with magic skill.

Next, now that we have quite a few players and people are starting to get into combat posts and such, a bit more information is in order I think so combat information, possible actions and more coming to this space soon.

Actions: So actions you can take outside of combat, while you're in the city you can try to search for information, this will take 1 hour per attempt and may fail to yield any results or may yield a random result rather than the desired information. You can go to the stalls to buy equipment, this takes ~2 minutes per store visited. You can search for a particular item for sale, this takes 10 minutes per attempt. You can search for a quest, if there are none immediately obvious this will take 10 minutes per attempt. You can search the town for a particular service, this will take 15 minutes per attempt. You can search the town generally, this usually yields more information but of a random variety, takes 15 minute intervals. You can attempt to recruit an NPPC to your party, you can spend any amount of time on this search but the results will depend on the amount of time spent.

1 round takes 5 seconds of time.
Movement: All characters and mobs can move towards each other at speed*5 meters per round.
Base equipment stats: Adventurers trousers: 1 armour, Adventurers shirt: 1 armour, Bronze sword: 5 damage, Bow: 2 damage, wooden arrows: 1 damage.

Damage: You deal damage equal to 1d5 die plus your attack plus the equipment you use (eg. for a human with base 5 attack while wielding a bronze sword: 1d5+5+5)
You take damage equal to the output of the mosters roll * your resistance minus your armour (So if wearing both pieces of armour against Hobgoblin(Deals damage: 1d5+4), Hobgoblin deals: [(1d5+4)-2]

Decimal damage: If you take or deal damage with a decimal, always round down. So if damage is 4.2 or 4.8 you would take 4 hitpoints off for both.

13 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

hoq do the people in the real world react to their family and friends suddenly being inside a video game?

They don't know, the trapped players are a pretty small minority and most of the few attempts to contact someone either fail or are dismissed as being some kind of sick practical joke.

24 minutes ago, Voidus said:

They don't know, the trapped players are a pretty small minority and most of the few attempts to contact someone either fail or are dismissed as being some kind of sick practical joke.

What about people that don't live on their own or after a bit trapped players using not trapped ones to send messages outside?
On that note, is there still a chance of being trapped for a potential second wave of players?

3 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

What about people that don't live on their own or after a bit trapped players using not trapped ones to send messages outside?
On that note, is there still a chance of being trapped for a potential second wave of players?

It's more a trickle than a wave, each first time login has a chance. So yes. :P
Most of those messages are thought to be the aforementioned practical jokes, also a bit of amnesia going on, players start to identify with their character. They don't really forget who they were or anything but things like their name are harder to remember in the game, which makes getting a message out hard.

I'd say the AI picked people who would not be noticed missing.  Or that it wiped the family member's minds.  But I don't know what Voidus will say.

Are the players getting beamed in Tron-Style, or are they stuck in real life while experiencing virtual reality.

Also, how balanced are the skills?

7 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

What about close family members? Won't they notice? How did you handle them?^_^:huh:^_^

They would indeed, it's assumed to just be a missing persons case for most people.

7 hours ago, Magestar said:

I'd say the AI picked people who would not be noticed missing.  Or that it wiped the family member's minds.  But I don't know what Voidus will say.

Are the players getting beamed in Tron-Style, or are they stuck in real life while experiencing virtual reality.

Also, how balanced are the skills?

Beamed in tron-style.
As balanced as I can make them :P There are some that are more useful early game since there's a limited number of enemies so if you pick the right option then the first few levels are pretty easy, once you leave the town of beginnings though they become more balanced.

7 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

How would, say, my character's brother react?

That depends on alot of factors, afterall, he is your character's brother, so you control him technically as well. Maybe he couldn't give two crem about your dissapearance, perhaps he has figured out that you dissappeared whilst playing GoG, heck, he might also play, and then find your character then, surprised begins asking you questions about what happened and where you are