Long Game 23: The Siege of Luthadel

Renegade

Might as well sign up. To challenge myself, I will play entirely in RP. Now if only I could come up with a character to RP as...

Everyone noticed the scar first. Quite simply, Sart Tram was missing his nose. Rumors swirled about it. Some said that it was simply an accident, cause by a new plantation machine tearing itself apart.  Others said that his father, in a drunken rage, cut it off with a broken bottle. Still others said that he had lost it in a fight to the death. They were never exactly clear how the fight happened, but they knew that he had won. He liked those rumors. They gave him an air of danger and mystery. He had encouraged them through various slips of the tongue. Better to have an air of mystery than an air of pity. He hated being pitied. The Lord Ruler's death had led to more pity. When God himself died, no one was going to fear someone missing a nose. And when they didn't fear him, they pitied him. So, now was not the time to drown in self-pity. Now was the time to act. With the world thrown into chaos, he would be the one standing on top of the ashes. They would fear him once again.

8 hours ago, Kipper said:

Pssshhh as if those two matter. I'm gonna kill them N1 and N2.

Don't you dare. I haven't played with either of them since QF15. :( (I'm not counting LG21, because Rae killed me accidentally D1. I blame you for that, Kipper. :P) Plus, Rae's my RP partner! No killing my RP partner until we've had enough time for a proper heartrending grief/revenge scene. (Or a betrayal scene. If she turns out to be Spiked. Either way's fine with me.) Hmph. 

Also, maybe I should mention that my play-style will be different this game. I'm testing something that I was talking about in a PM with Elb.

EDIT: Never mind. I never got to work this out in time.

Edited by The Young Bard
Repealed statement - ELIMINATOR CONFIRMED!

I'm considering it.  I've been watching LG22 to try and get a feel for how these games play out (apparently I've been noticed :ph34r:), and I am interested in playing.  I do enjoy Mafia-Style games, but I'm not sure how much I'll be on in the up-coming weeks due to some traveling I'll be doing, so I'm withholding judgment just yet.  I intend to join a game eventually, however.

Edited by Magestar

1 minute ago, Magestar said:

I'm considering it.  I've been watching LG22 to try and get a feel for how these games play out (apparently I've been noticed), and I am interested in playing.  I do enjoy Mafia-Style games, but I'm not sure how much I'll be on in the up-coming weeks due to some traveling I'll be doing, so I'm withholding judgment for a while.  I intend to join a game eventually, however.

Well I'm confident that I speak for everyone when I say we'd be happy to have you join the mayhem. If you can't commit to this one or the recently announced MR, I'm sure there will be a game ready when you return.

9 minutes ago, jaimeleecee said:

@Amanuensis Calling me out like that is what convinced me to suck it up and play LG22! 

...Part of me thinks you wish you hadn't now though... :wacko:

Haha of course not Jaime! I'm happy to have you join our tiny, totally-not-bloodthirsty community :D

Edited by Amanuensis

57 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

I'm in! Sign me up as Skydall. Any chance secret roles are in the game?

Because the only non-standard role is an allomancer, so hazekillers would fit right in.

There are no secret roles.  I considered adding additional roles to the game, but I figured it was complicated enough as it is.:P

Important note: Due to unexpected circumstances, I will not be around at all on Sunday, so the sign-ups will officially end this upcoming Monday, June 27, at 9 PM EST, and the game will begin an hour later.

Edited by Renegade

@Renegade, what's your intent with like, number composition for the factions? Is your goal for each House to have the same number of players? Or did you plan to have player numbers be different for the Houses as a means of balancing? If you're trying to get them even, I could probably do some recruiting to get us to a number divisible by four (28 or 32, most likely, as I doubt I could convince more people than that). If you don't intend on them having the same number anyway, though, I won't bother. Just curious, since sign ups are closing relatively soon.

Edited by Amanuensis