Cosmere License Plate!

Iarwainiel I

Wanted to share the tre-cool Cosmere license plate I just ordered!

It was a difficult choice between "ADONLCM" and "ADNLCM" with the Superman logo (so happy we have that here in Ohio!). I went with the superhero. That means, in Ohio, the full 7-letter version is still available for another Sander-fan.:)

My car and I can't wait till it arrives!

SALicensePlate_profile.PNG

Edited by old aggie
change image

On 6/17/2016 at 5:48 AM, Sam Script said:

Excuse me... I'm not sure whether it is proper to have THIS here. We are at Cosmere "Theories".

Hope this won't be too aggressive:)) The plate is pretty awesome, though.

I thought that too, but it didn't seem to fit any of the Gallery topics, since it's not something I actually made. Also, I was hoping wider exposure here would encourage others to look into getting their own Cosmere plates. :) If the Admins choose to "mallet" the thread or move it, I'll totally understand.

On 6/17/2016 at 6:22 AM, king of nowhere said:

your licence plate is 6 letters of your choice? then i would have gone with "kelsier" or "adolin" or "roshar". seeing that, i'd never figure out it is referring to adonalsium if i didn't knew it beforehand.

Yes, but the sense of subterfuge is part of what made it fun for me: only Sander-fans will get the reference, others will just be puzzled. I admit, it was tempting to go with "KELSIER," but Adonalsium spans the whole Cosmere series of books; most everything/everyone else does not ... at least that we know of for sure. I suppose Icould have gone with "HOID" but ... well, what's done is done.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

If you go on https://www.myplates.com.au/?utm_source=AdWords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Plates-License&utm_campaign=Generic&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhZm7BRCUyfS6ho2VjOEBEiQAumpGMtZA9RPWrtPPjc6TDSDSyUAp8BwD5r87OEbsruM2MTsaAgP78P8HAQ#/home

Not sure if it's available everywhere but you can custom make your license plate (Up to six numbers/letters) these words are available

Roshar

Kandra

Klsier

Sel

Cosmre

Mists

Mstbrn

R0shar

Shards

Reckon

Void

Prshnd

I will check for more later, or you guys can :) 

Awesome, aggie! I think your spelling of Adonalsium is really clever, how it utilizes the pronunciation of the letters' names to portray the word without having to spell it out fully.

On 6/21/2016 at 11:30 AM, Kaymyth said:

My license plate says Vworp because I drive a Cardis.

I have never understood why the official transliteration of the TARDIS noise is "Vworp." That's not what it sounds like at all.

6 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I have never understood why the official transliteration of the TARDIS noise is "Vworp." That's not what it sounds like at all.

How would you write down the TARDIS sound?

14 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I think it's at least in a reasonable sphere of accuracy, but transliterations are very subjective beasts.

12 hours ago, Mestiv said:

How would you write down the TARDIS sound?

Probably more like a wheezing gasp, like maybe "HrrUUHHHH."

4 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

I think it's at least in a reasonable sphere of accuracy, but transliterations are very subjective beasts.

This is very true. I met a birdwatcher once who kept saying that a goldfinch's song sounded like "potato chip" to him, and I just couldn't hear it.

5 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

One bird is called a killdeer because it apparently sounds like it is saying "kill deer!"

I don't hear it.

Oh man, I love those birds. <3 Lots of birds are named after their calls... Chickadees say "chicka-dee-dee-dee," Laughing Gulls sound like they're laughing at you, Bobwhite quail say, "bob-WHITE!", a whip-poor-will says, "Whip-po-hor-will," a chuck-will's-widow says its name, an Eastern Wood-pewee says "pee-a-weeee," an Eastern Phoebe says "PHOE-be!", and Gray Catbirds mew like cats. (Can you tell I love birdwatching? XD)

• Chaos locked this topic