Hogwarts RP Discussion Thread

The Honor Spren

Are we going to have some bigger plot? Something to write about except classes and teenage drama? If yes, then here's my idea:

Triwizard Tournament is BACK! But with a change to it's formula. This time there isn't one representative from each school. Now, every school is represented by a team of students, and there are more tasks. Students have to excel in teamwork and prove themselves in a much wider spectrum of magic talents than they had to in 1994.

This way, we'll have plenty of occasions to have our characters interact and use some magic more interesting than they usually train in classes :)

Did Voldemorts action actually affect the wizarding world outside Great Britain? I always had the impression, that the conflict was pretty much confined to UK and Voldi would start to mess with other countries only after taking full control of the islands. 

Gregory/a nice kick in the teeth. :ph34r:

I approve of this ship.

Actually, if Gregory's going to be the Draco of this school, then he might need some cronies, because 1 person is really not going to be a massive concern. I need to work out a scenario in which he gets a few.

I think Gregory has the potential to become a bit more a long-term, big picture thinker. Why do you spend a few minutes making your enemy embarassed, when you can spend a couple months meticulously planning and (attempt to) get them expelled? Or, even better, both. Talking of which, I think this calls for a situation which gives him an enemy (I imagine this would be the Lorelei/Lizzy/Eleanor trio), which is a lot easier to manage.

If Gregory would settle with only long-term schemes, it's wouldn't have much influence on our gameplay. The RP is going for 2,5 weeks and the train has barely left London :) Any real long-term plan would be executed in about a year from now? :P Of course, preparations for it may be interesting, but let's keep in mind how slowly paced this RP is. I think we need short-term schemes and conflicts too.

If Gregory would settle with only long-term schemes, it's wouldn't have much influence on our gameplay. The RP is going for 2,5 weeks and the train has barely left London :) Any real long-term plan would be executed in about a year from now? :P Of course, preparations for it may be interesting, but let's keep in mind how slowly paced this RP is. I think we need short-term schemes and conflicts too.

Have him randomly wander past different characters and greet them with "Hey, dummy"? :ph34r::P

I approve of this ship.

Actually, if Gregory's going to be the Draco of this school, then he might need some cronies, because 1 person is really not going to be a massive concern. I need to work out a scenario in which he gets a few.

I think Gregory has the potential to become a bit more a long-term, big picture thinker. Why do you spend a few minutes making your enemy embarassed, when you can spend a couple months meticulously planning and (attempt to) get them expelled? Or, even better, both. Talking of which, I think this calls for a situation which gives him an enemy (I imagine this would be the Lorelei/Lizzy/Eleanor trio), which is a lot easier to manage.

Eleanor might appear upset, but 5 hours later she'll write in her journal saying Yay! I have an enemy! This is going so well.

That makes sense. I did mean to sort of do both. I was just trying to gauge what sort of reaction me pulling a trick out of the hat, in - well, a year sounds accurate - would cause. As for what the long term plan is, I have no idea yet. I don't think that far ahead.  :P

Edited by The Young Bard