Catalog of Worldhoppers

Shattered

I don't think I'd be surprised if Felt turned out to be a kandra worldhopper. But I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't either. o.O

We do that this WoB that makes me think whoever this kandra worldhopper is, they haven't had a big role in anything on-screen, because I think it would be memorable enough to the author is they had a speaking role lol

Now...I don't have anything solid to back this up...but I get the feeling that he is not a kandra.  I get the impression that he is actually from Scadrail, and his role in the mistborn books is straight forward.  When he shows up in WoR, it's much more discreet...it seems like Brandon was trying to hide him...i.e. he doesn't belong there.

17th Shard (Organization):

-Frost. Possible leader. Dragon from Yolen. Sender of "The Letter" In WoK epigraphs. (Not technically a Worldhopper)

-Khriss. Scientist from Taldain. Dark skin and dark hair in a braid. Writer of the Ars Arcanums. Seen in Secret History, White Sand and Bands of Mourning.

-Nazh. A Threnodite in the employ of Khriss. May not be a full member of the 17th Shard. Seen in Secret History and Words of Radiance. Annotates maps and drawings. Most likely referenced in Bands of Mourning broadsheets.

-Galladon. Sellish Duladen Elantrian. Seen on Roshar looking for Hoid.

-Demoux. Former general of The Last Emperor of The Final Empire, Scadrial. Also seen on Roshar looking for Hoid. Possibly in a romantic relationship, speculated to be the Terriswoman Worldhopper. Atium Misting.

-Baon. From Taldain. Seen on Roshar looking for Hoid.

Ghostbloods:

-Thaidakar. Possible leader of the Ghostbloods, and therefore a potential Worldhopper.

-Iyatil. South Scadrian Hunter in descent, but raised on a different planet. Babsk to Mraize. Seen in Words of Radiance.

-Mraize. Rosharan Thaylen. Collects various artifacts from several Shardworlds. Confirmed Worldhopper. Apprentice to Iyatil.

Others:

-Kelsier (Probably. So likely that I will literally not believe it if it turns out he's not). Survivor of Hathsin. Sliver of Preservation. The Sovereign. Former Mistborn. Hemalurgic user. Fullborn.

- Aslydin. Possible Terriswoman Worldhopper. Possible romantic relationship with Demoux.

-Hoid/Wit/Dust/Topaz/Cephandrius Maxatori/Midius. Yolish in origin. Witnessed the Shattering of Adonalsium. Access to many magics including but not limited to: Yolish Lightweaving, Breaths (at least 200), Allomancy, Feruchemy (probably through knowledge of unkeyed metalminds from South Scadrial), Moon Scepter. Seen or referenced in most books. Goals unknown.

-Vasher/Zahel/Kalad/Peacegiver/Warbreaker. Returned from Nalthis. One of the Five Scholars. Co-forger of Nightblood. Seen in Warbreaker and Words of Radiance.

-The Ire. Ancient Elantrian Worldhoppers. Own a castle in the Cognitive Realm on the border of Scadrial and an unknown planet. Intended to pick up the Shard of Preservation. Access to unknown magics and the Dor.

-Unknown Kandra(s).

-Nightblood. Forged by the Fives Scholars as an Awakened Sword with the Intent to Destroy Evil. Currently in the possession of Szeth, the Assassin in White. Seen on Nalthis and Roshar.

-Jasnah. Possible Worldhopper. Elsecaller from Roshar. Can enter the Cognitive Realm from anywhere. Entered fully when presumed dead, and possibly Worldhopped much like Kelsier. Most likely knows about other planets.

Edited for some corrections.

Woah. The only one i did not know was washer in WoR? Who was he?

Woah. The only one i did not know was washer in WoR? Who was he?

Vasher is Zahel in WoR. It's noticeable due to his original language making reference to different colors, his ability to sense people long before he naturally should know they're there, and alluding to hearing Nightblood's thoughts when Kaladin wakes him up (during his interlude chapter).

Felt being a coincidence rings a bell for me too. Since searches are almost always case insensitive, tracking this down again will be really hard. I do not think I read about it recently though, so that would place it several months out, if not further. I'm actually thinking closer to when I read WoR, so sometime in summer/fall 2013.

Yeah, I searched theoryland for the WoB...and I gave up less than a third through the searches after reading 200+ interviews that included "I felt like..."

Ugh. I swear I've seen him mention that it was an accident, though. Certainly there are two different articles on the Coppermind for the characters named Felt, but there wasn't a link to a WoB differentiating them, though. This might be something I'll have to ask him at JCon next month.

Do we have confirmation somewhere of those two?

No Wob confirming or refuting as far as I know, but it probably was just an accidental reuse of a name.

Heck, allomaner jak isn't technically even a real person, he's a fictional character within a fictional newpaper read by fictional people in a fictional universe.........

Edited by Bowiespoon

• Chaos locked this topic