Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Jondesu

Who else is looking forward to a Star Wars movie with little to no Force-users, just a black ops style infiltration? I'm very intrigued, especially considering how much I loved the X-Wing series, which similarly didn't have a ton to do with Jedi and the Force.

jW

There will be atleast one Force user in it and I'm hoping for something epic with them. It's not clear yet how big a role it ll be.

I'd heard that, but I'm actually hoping that will be a minor role overall. We'll see.

jW

I'd heard that, but I'm actually hoping that will be a minor role overall. We'll see.

jW

I imagine it ll be small indeed but I've a feeling they ll treat fans big time during it. I think it ll be along the lines of The Force Unleashed game and have our jaws dropped to the floor for a few moments. We ll find out Dec 16 though

what does that mean?

When everybody keeps meeting each other by pure coincidence. So, the crew of Rogue One will just happen to meet nearly all of the cast of the other movies, not just the ones where it's justified (i.e. Leia, seeing as she probably ordered or at least was aware of the mission.) I'm trying to think of a good example now.

what does that mean?

It's basically when they make everyone/thing related/connected to past char/planets etc instead of having the focus on unrelated/ new things. A lot of it can't be helped with the Saga films but these Story films will not have the Skywalker fam front and center for ex.

I'm kinda hoping that, with the Story films, they'll take more risks. The Saga films are one long epic of the force, so it's understandable that they'll be similar...

But standalone movies like these seem like a great opportunity to do stuff that might not fly in the "bigger" movies. How about a Star Wars political thriller? A Magnificent Seven style story featuring Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters?

Heck...the story films seem like an easier place to introduce an LBGT character to the Star Wars verse without courting controversy.

So, yeah. I think I'm more interested in the X-Wing film than I am for Episode 8.

I am pretty excited about it. It will be the first Star Wars movie who doesn't focus on the main story arc, the one we have all grown-up watching and loved.

I had wondered though if they were going to use Rogue One to introduce young Han Solo in order to kick-start his own movie as they said they would... I thought it would be neat if they would...

I am pretty excited about it. It will be the first Star Wars movie who doesn't focus on the main story arc, the one we have all grown-up watching and loved.

I had wondered though if they were going to use Rogue One to introduce young Han Solo in order to kick-start his own movie as they said they would... I thought it would be neat if they would...

Slim chance he ll show up. Rogue has been done filming for awhile so unless the do reshoot scene I doubt it ll happen. I don't want it as I think it ll possibly be to forced in and Han doesn't need to be in this movie for show to work. Any scene with him will just "shrink down the universe". We ll see Dec 16 though

Slim chance he ll show up. Rogue has been done filming for awhile so unless the do reshoot scene I doubt it ll happen. I don't want it as I think it ll possibly be to forced in and Han doesn't need to be in this movie for show to work. Any scene with him will just "shrink down the universe". We ll see Dec 16 though

Yeah. Maybe you are right. Still, I am anxious to see young Han Solo... Admittedly, if they had cast the role, we would have heard.

AFAIK, Harrison Ford doesn't want to be in any more Star Wars movies, so I doubt Rogue would be a set up for a later standalone Han Solo movie.

They mentioned a book on Writing Excuses that's basically an epic love story in the (new) Star Wars universe, about two people who join the imperial academy, one then defects and joins the rebels but they're still in love.

AFAIK, Harrison Ford doesn't want to be in any more Star Wars movies, so I doubt Rogue would be a set up for a later standalone Han Solo movie.

They mentioned a book on Writing Excuses that's basically an epic love story in the (new) Star Wars universe, about two people who join the imperial academy, one then defects and joins the rebels but they're still in love.

A young Solo is being(likely already) cast. His is the 2nd Anthology movie coming in 2018, with rumored Boba Fett as 3rd in 2020