What are the new perpendicularities [Secret History Spoilers]

Fallen Rope

Wouldn't the Elantrian's have used a perpendicularity located in the ocean? That part of the cognitive realm with the fortress seemed like it may have been located on a perpendicularity. Or was it just someplace to hide while on the planet? We don't know much about the oceans on Scadrial. Maybe they are special.

Wouldn't the Elantrian's have used a perpendicularity located in the ocean? That part of the cognitive realm with the fortress seemed like it may have been located on a perpendicularity. Or was it just someplace to hide while on the planet? We don't know much about the oceans on Scadrial. Maybe they are special.

I was under the impression that the Ire's fortress is located in the Cognitive Realm between worlds, and that it is very much a man-made structure, with cords going back to Sel (presumably) and powering it somehow. So not a Perpendicularity. 

I think that it could be possible that there are in fact three now, reflecting Harmony, Ruin, and Preservation. Harmony is both two Shards and one Shard, and perhaps even three Shards (if you count stuff weird..., like by Intents instead of the actual number of Shards, hahaha).

Anyway, I think that Harmony's pool (or Preservation's, doesn't matter), is the weird pool in that the masked-individual was spotted at in the mountains east of New Seran. Like, they are snow-covered mountains (like Sazed's homeland, it's authentic!), and oddly, the Sovereign's spearhead and crap is located near them. This could've been just the "test", but that just seems like it would actually be a really convenient location if Harmony' perpendicularity is nearby. :P

(Snark: And now Harmony's servants have Kell's bands. I'm sure Kell will be completely "happy" with that...he can't just pick them up and mess things up worse, somehow, probably a good thing).

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise

I think that Harmony's pool (or Preservation's, doesn't matter), is the weird pool in that the masked-individual was spotted at in the mountains east of New Seran.

Yeah, the pool mentioned in the SoS broadsheet is almost definitely Harmony's shardpool. And the masked figure there...let's be honest. Probably Iyatil. Unless there are other worldhopping SoScadrians out there.

I still don't think the Pits work as a perpendicularity, since there's no atium growing there anymore. In fact, I think Sazed would have to make a conscious effort to produce actual atium (maybe to keep Marsh going?).

Either way, the Well definitely doesn't exist anymore, since the shardpool in the mountains exists (unless you want to count that as a new "Well of Ascension"). There's just no reason for there to be more than one perpendicularity for Harmony.

I agree that the shard pool is the one in the mountains. But I don't think it's a new pool. The Lord Ruler moved the well of ascension from its original location when he ascended, so I'm thinking Harmony did the same. He moved the well to a new location, as close as he could get to where it was probably located originally. The shard pool is easier to access now, and without it being a prison for Ruin, I'm sure traffic via that perpendicularity has grown over the years. It's safe to use with Ruin gone. It is probably just like the other shard pools now.

I guess I always just thought the well wasn't blue like other shard pools because it was saturated with preservation's power keeping ruin locked in. Now that Harmony has balanced the shards, maybe the pool returned and is blue now. 

Maybe it's perfectly reflective?  Preservation's shardpool was pure white, Ruin's was pure black, merging the two would make it pure grey, and metal mirrors are silver?  

Maybe it's perfectly reflective?  Preservation's shardpool was pure white, Ruin's was pure black, merging the two would make it pure grey, and metal mirrors are silver?  

Yeah IIRC it was a silver pool, one of the reasons I was sure it was Harmonys was for this reason black+white = grey, metallic grey is silver.

EDIT: Nope, it is indeed blue, at the time I also speculated that it was reflecting the sky.

• Chaos locked this topic