Everybodies Favorite Triangle

StormyAngel

I guess Liftadin (sounds weird) could be a thing for Arc 2.

By then I reckon Kaladin will be dead and buried. In fact, I suspect most of the current primary characters will kick the bucket before the start of arc 2 with the exception of Shallan. 

Plus, Lift already has good chemistry with the Azir emperor.

I agree shipping characters who never met is dangerous, but Sheep here just got me a new one to promote... Szeshonai. I mean, it is brilliant.

You've got to love it  :ph34r:

Yes, crack pairings are the best.  And honestly, I think Szeth and Eshonai would like each other if they met.  Even if they were just friends, it would be pretty storming adorable.  If you throw in Nightblood, it could be bumped up from crack pair to crack triangle.

f7Mo3Jg.jpg

And #1 on top incompatible crack ships (if we're not talking insanely out there like Lopen's left arm and a chasmfiend) is Jashah x Amaram.  Jasnaram?  Amarasnah?   I'm surprised that everyone who supports Shalladin because they believe arguing means inevitable love, and opposites attract, hasn't jumped on this ship yet.  

tuorGaN.jpg

Storms, those are hilarious comics.  Did you draw those?

jW

Yes, you should check out my gallery if you want.

And as a side note, my favourite character design so far is probably Navani.   But her love triangle plot is ignored by the shippers as boring because it's canon. 

4Y9nUoO.jpg

By then I reckon Kaladin will be dead and buried. In fact, I suspect most of the current primary characters will kick the bucket before the start of arc 2 with the exception of Shallan. 

Plus, Lift already has good chemistry with the Azir emperor.

Actually, Brandon has confirmed some characters would have an arc on-going through both arc. Which ones though, I have no idea, but my money is on Kaladin. There were plans once, to make a second flashback book on Kaladin which makes me believe he won't die and Brandon seems to really, really like Kaladin.

Yes, crack pairings are the best.  And honestly, I think Szeth and Eshonai would like each other if they met.  Even if they were just friends, it would be pretty storming adorable.  If you throw in Nightblood, it could be bumped up from crack pair to crack triangle.

And #1 on top incompatible crack ships (if we're not talking insanely out there like Lopen's left arm and a chasmfiend) is Jashah x Amaram.  Jasnaram?  Amarasnah?   I'm surprised that everyone who supports Shalladin because they believe arguing means inevitable love, and opposites attract, hasn't jumped on this ship yet.  

:o  :o  :o  This is brilliant. I love Szeshonai  :wub:  Absolutely agree with Jasnah/Amaram, if you like arguing shouting at each other ships, then this one has to be for you.

I prefer Adolift for arc 2 ships between people who never met.

I am still trying to find a Shallan ship I can stand, since I feel nothing for both Shalladin and Shadolin.

Honestly Adolift is one of those crazy crack-pot ships I could about see happening...

Disillusioned Adolin, in the second arc, who after going through a massive downward spiral just managed to grasp a breath of fresh air, but in the process he had draw a cross over ever having a wife of his own. Who would want him now? He spends years dedicating himself to help others, in order to forget. It takes him more years to realize his most prized pupil, Lift, as moved from little girl to woman.

On her side Lift has had a crush on Adolin since the day she saw him. She would marry him someday. Someday, she would grow up and she would marry him. She thus accepts to be more than 10 years old, for him, to reach him.

It took a lot of patience, but it happened.

I can just about see it happening, 32 years Adolin with 22 years old Lift  -_-

Well, Kaladin never murdered the men under his command in order to steal a set of shards.  So there's that.

Well, Kaladin never murdered the men under his command in order to steal a set of shards.  So there's that.

Jasnah murdered (your interpretation on murder may vary, if  you consider the first guy as a self defense)  a few men who were running away because she was being a vigilante who wanted to clean up a crooked city.  So if you read it like that, Jasnah and Amaram are surprisingly more similar than you'd think.

Are you using Earth years? Because I am sure that at least in Rosharan years the ages are closer.

I don't consider the Earth equivalent ages are relevant as the characters progression/descriptions befit the ages we were given, not the modified ones. I just accept Roshar isn't Earth and these people aren't the same humans as us. Therefore, when the story says Adolin is 23 and Lift is 13, I take it they are 23 and 13. Period. I will not start to read this book with a calculator nor will I start to alter my personal imagery to defy every single physical description just to fit a world-building fact I consider to be insignificant down the road.

I don't consider the Earth equivalent ages are relevant as the characters progression/descriptions befit the ages we were given, not the modified ones. I just accept Roshar isn't Earth and these people aren't the same humans as us. Therefore, when the story says Adolin is 23 and Lift is 13, I take it they are 23 and 13. Period. I will not start to read this book with a calculator nor will I start to alter my personal imagery to defy every single physical description just to fit a world-building fact I consider to be insignificant down the road.

The appearence and behavior of the characters allows a increase of 10% in their age. I don't get why you are so obsessed on such a small numbers of years.

And I am almost sure the book says Lift is 14-15 years old. Or has been 10 years old for five years, as she sees it.

The appearence and behavior of the characters allows a increase of 10% in their age. I don't get why you are so obsessed on such a small numbers of years.

And I am almost sure the book says Lift is 14-15 years old. Or has been 10 years old for five years, as she sees it.

The 10% increase makes too many plot lines implausible and it increases the age different between characters. It also amount to several years in the case of certain characters, not just a few months. In any advent, the author certainly didn't plan for us to read the book with a calculator. I hence take it characters are exactly the age it is stated in book.

It says she has been 10 for 3 years which makes her 13.

Jasnah murdered (your interpretation on murder may vary, if  you consider the first guy as a self defense)  a few men who were running away because she was being a vigilante who wanted to clean up a crooked city.  So if you read it like that, Jasnah and Amaram are surprisingly more similar than you'd think.

I agree that she's made some questionable morality decisions.  But what Amaram did was WAY WORSE.

Like I said, Amaram murdered men under his command, who did nothing wrong (and saved his life), and would have given him what he wanted if he had asked.

It does? I must re-read her interlude...

Yep.

"Is that how many that is? Sure, then. Ten." She lowered her hands. "If I can't count it on my fingers, it's unlucky." And she'd been that many for three years now. So there.

So she is 13 years old, book age.

Just jump in because people are mentioning Szeshonai here =) (I quite like this ship, too.)

I hope you will enjoy this post-WoR AU comic from Szeth's POV.

Oh gosh, Szeth and Eshonai hugging.  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I felt bad for Eshonai being tossed into a chasm in a highstorm.  But then I remembered that no one dies for real if their "death" happens off screen and even then, it doesn't count unless they're confirmed for permanently brain dead. 

eXABQdn.jpg

Yep.

"Is that how many that is? Sure, then. Ten." She lowered her hands. "If I can't count it on my fingers, it's unlucky." And she'd been that many for three years now. So there.

So she is 13 years old, book age.

Actually based on that description, she would be 12. If you were 10 for three years, then year one you are 10, year two you are 11, year three you are 12. Not to be nitpicky, but just for accuracy. 

Now yes this gets down to personal philosophy and ethics, but the individuals Jasnah killed were murderers and sought out such interactions to kill more people, while Kaladin's men were innocent of any crime perpetrated, knew nothing of what they took part in as well as that there would be any penalty for their actions. In fact they took no actions. They were punished for the actions of Kaladin. So I feel there is a rather large difference. 

Now yes this gets down to personal philosophy and ethics, but the individuals Jasnah killed were murderers and sought out such interactions to kill more people, while Kaladin's men were innocent of any crime perpetrated, knew nothing of what they took part in as well as that there would be any penalty for their actions. In fact they took no actions. They were punished for the actions of Kaladin. So I feel there is a rather large difference. 

Also, while Jasnah seems to be ruthless and not to have a bit of mercy in her, she seems never to gain real personal interest in her deeds. That makes her creepy, but everything but the evil piece of crem Amaram is.