What is 17th Shard policy on linking other fansites?

Oversleep

First off, not English fansites. Here in Poland we're trying to build a stronger fanbase and while I managed to find out about one or two Sharders from Poland and tell them about the site and FB group, I'd like to start the topic to let them know about it. Since Polish fanbase was non-existant until about year ago, they probably don't know it exists now and they certainly would be helpful on strenghtening the fanbase and... well, I could also use help from more experienced Sharders who know their Realmatic stuff in writing articles about Cosmere, because right now I'm the only one Realmatically aware admin on mentioned site.

They'd be also very helpful in catching mistakes in translation since I don't really read the books in English.

So, can I start a non-English topic in "Social groups, Clans and Guilds"?

Edited by Oversleep

Why shouldn't it? You can be a Sanderson fan without being cosmere-aware.

Right now FB group has 150 members. The site has some relationship with publisher (we're given some books to give away as prizes in contests and such); the site also exists to attract new people and the url is wayofkings.com (I'm translating, it's "drogakrolow.pl" in reality) so after typing in Polish title of WoK Google positions our site as 3rd link.

As for Cosmere Awareness... Well, Elantris, Warbreaker and Mistborn Original Trilogy were once published in Poland, but with little recognition. Until one year ago when WoK came out followed by WoR. These were such a hit that publisher decided to reprint all the old ones and print the new ones. So we've got first four Mistborns reprinted in the last 7 months. These were also doing quite good, so more Sanderfans.
I started on the FB group, always surprising people with things like Hoid being an Allomancer and such; two months ago I joined the site crew along with two other people and now there are four admins of the page. Since Cosmere awareness is so low, I took it on myself to educate people. I started with an article about Adonalsium, Shards, Slivers and Splinters month ago and right now I'm writing one about Investiture and how magic on Shardworlds came to be (so about focuses and so on). I also plan an article about Compounding, since a lot of knowledge comes directly from Brandon and not from the books which means people don't know much about it.
There is also a guy who read through SA and wrote a massive article on weaponry in Roshar (it's on par with 17thShard knowledge or even better).
So we're planning to do the good work and build a strong fanbase and that's why I need everyone I can reach on 17thShard.

Edited by Oversleep

I'm gonna take it for a yes. In two days I'll be starting the thread.

I have been very busy and haven't made an official decision yet. Sorry for the delay. We are discussing exactly what policy we should have regarding this :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very busy and haven't made an official decision yet. Sorry for the delay. We are discussing exactly what policy we should have regarding this :)

Not meaning to be rude, but it's like two weeks already...?

For the record, I'm not building another forum or something, I need some polish Sharders to help me bring the cosmere knowledge to those uneducated.

Not meaning to be rude, but it's like two weeks already...?

For the record, I'm not building another forum or something, I need some polish Sharders to help me bring the cosmere knowledge to those uneducated.

The answer to your question is yes, go for it, but a more official policy will come later. I am too tired to say more specifics now. So go for it.

(Sorry, I know it has been two weeks. The head admin team has actually been that busy. This is all volunteer done and so when we have very long work weeks, sometimes we would rather sleep than making forum policy. I hope you understand.)

The answer to your question is yes, go for it, but a more official policy will come later. I am too tired to say more specifics now. So go for it.

(Sorry, I know it has been two weeks. The head admin team has actually been that busy. This is all volunteer done and so when we have very long work weeks, sometimes we would rather sleep than making forum policy. I hope you understand.)

What, you mean you aren't all three immortal cyborgs who scoff as us mere humans who require such mundane things as sleep?  :o

What, you mean you aren't all three immortal cyborgs who scoff as us mere humans who require such mundane things as sleep?  :o

Well I saw them all when they were spiking me and I can tell you that that's absolutely true false because they are in fact simply all benevolent beings who suffer under the weight of responsibilities.  :ph34r:

Weird. Who if not the head of the Dark Alley would have spikes for Compounding wakefulness?

(I understand you all have a lot of work hunting down BoM and SH spoilers. These are everywhere.)

Oh of course I do, that's why I'm on at weird hours (It has nothing to do with living in a different timezone) not sure about all the others though. :P

Chaos may correct me here but I think we're allowing those outside the subforums if they're tagged now, it was just the first couple of weeks. Entire topics about spoilers are however being kept to the subforums so there's still a fair bit to keep an eye on.