Dolphins exist

DeadFencer

What are the implications?

DEAR GOD MAN, THE IMPLICATIONS ARE OBVIOUS! The Set is clearly a cabal of highly intelligent hemalurgically infused dolphins hell bent on ruling the world! Trell is merely a front to detract attention from this subtle aquatic menace.

Can you hemalurgically spike dolphins with a couple bits of copper to make them sentient? And if so does this mean that we'll have dolphins alongside the humans when we get fourth era Mistborn and FTL travel? Please?

Watch the first FTL ship on Scadrial be named the Streaker...

I've started thinking about this recently. The Cosmere has humans, animals, and plant life that are very similar to what we have on Earth. Horses. Parrots. Other types of "chicken". Dogs. 

I used to think that this was sort of "handwavium". Obviously, the same species would not all evolve in another universe. But, it's easier to write and read a book if there are elements from the real world that we can relate to.

Recently I started to wonder if something else was going on. What if the Spiritual Realm has archtypes for all these different species that all the creatures running around in the Cosmere are based on?

They probably copied from Yolen since that's where they were from and what they were familiar with. Which would explain why life on Scadrial is familiar to us but the other worlds where it evolved independently, less so. The fact that Hoid uses terminology familiar to us when telling a story to Kaladin (who has no idea what a 'bunny rabbit' is) seems to support this.

I've started thinking about this recently. The Cosmere has humans, animals, and plant life that are very similar to what we have on Earth. Horses. Parrots. Other types of "chicken". Dogs.

I used to think that this was sort of "handwavium". Obviously, the same species would not all evolve in another universe. But, it's easier to write and read a book if there are elements from the real world that we can relate to.

Recently I started to wonder if something else was going on. What if the Spiritual Realm has archtypes for all these different species that all the creatures running around in the Cosmere are based on?

Well, statistically Yolen having the same evolutionary progression as Earth is just as unlikely as any other potential possibility. So it's not impossible, and thus it happened :D

Well, statistically Yolen having the same evolutionary progression as Earth is just as unlikely as any other potential possibility. So it's not impossible, and thus it happened :D

Just Yolen having it is more likely than multiple planets having it and Yolen in turn may have been created by Adonalsium who may have used omniscience to know what life is like on earth and duplicate it.

• Chaos locked this topic