Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

15 minutes ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Australian weather. I hate you, let's cap it here.

3 days ago it was hot

2 days ago it was cold

yesterday it was chilly in the morning and quickly became sweltering in the arvo

today was hot, but it's getting cooler 

tomorrow it will probs rain.

Heh, sounds like Colorado in the mountains. 

7 hours ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Australian weather. I hate you, let's cap it here.

3 days ago it was hot

2 days ago it was cold

yesterday it was chilly in the morning and quickly became sweltering in the arvo

today was hot, but it's getting cooler 

tomorrow it will probs rain.

That's how it is here too. It rained for a full three days non stop this past weekend, then it was brisk and chilly, then hot then cold again. 

Jesus, weather, make up your mind. I know teenage girls less indecisive than this.

And... arvo?

Edited by bleeder

3 hours ago, bleeder said:

That's how it is here too. It rained for a full three days non stop this past weekend, then it was brisk and chilly, then hot then cold again. 

Jesus, weather, make up your mind. I know teenage girls less indecisive than this.

And... arvo?

Arvo is anytime between about 2pm and 11pm. It's sort of shortened 'evening' but also means afternoon. 

4 hours ago, Delightful said:

It's dumb. Today was a fast. So I tried to sleep through as much as I could cause I don't usually fast well. Now My brain won't turn off. 

Yom Kippur? 

And ouch. Stay alive and healthy :) 

And get yo sleep! 

(Also, I should fast more. No specific fasts are prescribed for general Christianity, but fasting + prayer is strongly encouraged as a thing to do, and few of us bother in this day and age which is a shame). 

1 hour ago, Erunion said:

Yom Kippur? 

And ouch. Stay alive and healthy :) 

And get yo sleep! 

(Also, I should fast more. No specific fasts are prescribed for general Christianity, but fasting + prayer is strongly encouraged as a thing to do, and few of us bother in this day and age which is a shame). 

In the Mormon church, we set aside the first Sunday of each month as a "scheduled" day of fasting--it's not mandatory, especially for children or people with problematic medical conditions, but having it regularly sort of serves as a reminder that fasting can help one feel closer to God.

Can I just say how I just absolutely hate my ADHD? I finally motivated myself to clean my room, which obviously involves taking some rubbish out. In the last hour I already lost my keys 3 times. And this time I lost them really, really well, so I'm kind of locked in the house. Lovely. I'm used to things disappearing randomly, but I don't like when they do it, when I need them. I'm surprised I ever manage to get anything done this way. 

Any idea where my keys can be? I've already checked the doors, my shelf (where my keys usually are), my jacket (where they usually are), the window ledge (where they usually are... they are usually in sooo many places), my bed (where they... well you know), the bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, the dressing gown, my pockets... I'm out of ideas.

Eh. 

EDIT: Wait, I got inspired and just found them inside the package that I got 2 weeks ago and swore to unpack after I clean my room. Well, problem solved for a moment. 

Edited by Pestis the Spider

2 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Sweet baby Heru.  I hope they're paying you some serious overtime.

What is this "overtime" you speak of?

Nope. No overtime. But for every hundred hours, I get a holiday, which is...something?

Sorry. whine so much.

Just now, Quiver said:

What is this "overtime" you speak of?

Nope. No overtime. But for every hundred hours, I get a holiday, which is...something?

Sorry. whine so much.

I don't think I like your country's labor laws.

In the States, for an hourly worker, you HAVE to pay them time-and-a-half for any hours over 40 in a given calendar week.

And for overtime-exempt people, there's a minimum yearly salary they have to earn for them to be exempt from that overtime.  It recently changed, actually; I got a fairly substantial raise out of the deal when the new rules went into effect.

1 minute ago, Kaymyth said:

I don't think I like your country's labor laws.

In the States, for an hourly worker, you HAVE to pay them time-and-a-half for any hours over 40 in a given calendar week.

And for overtime-exempt people, there's a minimum yearly salary they have to earn for them to be exempt from that overtime.  It recently changed, actually; I got a fairly substantial raise out of the deal when the new rules went into effect.

Well...that would be the flip side of it. My pay is pretty decent, about $10 an hour. So complaining is...probably hypocritical?

Still.wish I had more free time.

Just now, Quiver said:

Well...that would be the flip side of it. My pay is pretty decent, about $10 an hour. So complaining is...probably hypocritical?

Actually, when minimum wage is $7.50 an hour, $10/hour isn't really all that much.  Our entry-level people make more than that. :/

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

At my old job, that's what I made, and if I was forced to work over 40 hours a week with no overtime, you can bet I'd be complaining about it. 

Just now, Kaymyth said:

Actually, when minimum wage is $7.50 an hour, $10/hour isn't really all that much.  Our entry-level people make more than that. :/

...well, it's an improvement over what I was previously earning?:P

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

At my old job, that's what I made, and if I was forced to work over 40 hours a week with no overtime, you can bet I'd be complaining about it. 

Eh. A lot of the guys I work with say I deserve a raise, but....

I don't feel I earn it. I don't do enough things better than enough people to deserve a higher wage bracket. My only real claim to stuff is that I am Lawful Stupid about following protocols, write really good reports and do every hour I'm asked.

8 minutes ago, Quiver said:

...well, it's an improvement over what I was previously earning?:P

Eh. A lot of the guys I work with say I deserve a raise, but....

I don't feel I earn it. I don't do enough things better than enough people to deserve a higher wage bracket. My only real claim to stuff is that I am Lawful Stupid about following protocols, write really good reports and do every hour I'm asked.

In most workplaces, that's grounds for a raise. 

Yesterday there was a marching competition four hours away. I didn't get home until 10:30 PM and when I did I had a blinding headache.

Today there was a football game. I got back at midnight.

I have had no time to do any homework. Teachers do not understand this. More, they say, give more work. Students couldn't possibly have anything else to do with their time.

So here I am at nearly one AM trying to complete an assignment for Spanish that is impossible to do without having the notes they went over in class on Wednesday. I asked for the teacher to provide them. There's a link on Google Classroom, but it doesn't work.

I have a feeling I might be up late.

Yaaay.

4 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Yesterday there was a marching competition four hours away. I didn't get home until 10:30 PM and when I did I had a blinding headache.

Today there was a football game. I got back at midnight.

I have had no time to do any homework. Teachers do not understand this. More, they say, give more work. Students couldn't possibly have anything else to do with their time.

So here I am at nearly one AM trying to complete an assignment for Spanish that is impossible to do without having the notes they went over in class on Wednesday. I asked for the teacher to provide them. There's a link on Google Classroom, but it doesn't work.

I have a feeling I might be up late.

Yaaay.

How's it going? :/