Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

39 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

image.jpeg

Bonus anger points if they say something about "saving" you from having to read a "boring" book.  :angry:

ETA:  Ooo, this is my 3,000th post!

Edited by Kaymyth

42 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Bonus anger points if they say something about "saving" you from having to read a "boring" book.  :angry:

Philistines!

The way I've dealt with this is to develop an angry reading face. No one bothers me because they are afraid to be targeted by my wrath!

Just now, Orlion Determined said:

Philistines!

The way I've dealt with this is to develop an angry reading face. No one bothers me because they are afraid to be targeted by my wrath!

I'm afraid that I am just too danged adorable to be able to pull off angry reading face.

1 minute ago, Orlion Determined said:

Philistines!

Just now, Kaymyth said:

I'm afraid that I am just too danged adorable to be able to pull off angry reading face.

This is why headphones are one of mankind's greatest inventions. Even if the barbarian bothering you doesn't respect the sanctity of reading time, you can always pretend not to hear them until they leave on their own. :ph34r: 

And if that doesn't work….well, I used to humor them and listen to whatever they had to say (which was usually stupid; one coworker at JC Penney interrupted my reading time repeatedly to comment on the ads in the paper) but the last time it happened, I just walked out of the room. The chatty coworker later apologized. 

I read a blog post from an author recently in which he told the story of having a mother come up to him and ask why she should let her elementary- school son read "that fiction garbage." And my immediate reaction was "FIGHT ME!"

Edited by Sunbird

28 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

I read a blog post from an author recently in which he told the story of having a mother come up to him and ask why she should let her elementary- school son read "that fiction garbage." And my immediate reaction was "FIGHT ME!"

That.....fiction.....garbage.....

WHAT

I rarely write about my pet peeves, because I don't have that many, but I realized that some forum games, like Train of Thought or "a forum game with no name" are my pet peeve <_< I'm happy to see that there is a new post in General Discussion forum, I go to see it and get disappointed by a new post in a forum game... 

It's not every forum game that irritates me, but those two are good examples of games that are too simple in my opinion :P I wish there was an option to ignore a thread...

5 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

ETA . Estimated Time of Arrival

40 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

I rarely write about my pet peeves, because I don't have that many, but I realized that some forum games, like Train of Thought or "a forum game with no name" are my pet peeve <_< I'm happy to see that there is a new post in General Discussion forum, I go to see it and get disappointed by a new post in a forum game... 

It's not every forum game that irritates me, but those two are good examples of games that are too simple in my opinion :P I wish there was an option to ignore a thread...

.....I started that thread. Personally I find it funny to see how far things change over time. (Forum game with no name)

Honestly I just don't like the namelessness of forum game with no name. :P

Dear mother who doesn't like my attitude. Maybe if you didn't make rude comments about my clothing which is exactly none of your storming business , I wouldn't be so sensitive and sometimes rude  (read: self centered, arrogant :rolleyes:) when you tell me what to do in situations when I don't actually need your approval or permission. Maybe if you treated me like and adult and not a teenager, and didn't keep trying to change me, we could get along better. 

Sincerely,

Delightful  

PS: telling me to not be so sensitive about rude comments doesn't help either. Maybe they're actually hurtful and my feelings are legitimate? Maybe just? You could be a bit more empathetic instead of defaulting to "well I don't feel like I can say anything to you"?!

Edited by Delightful

7 hours ago, Delightful said:

Honestly I just don't like the namelessness of forum game with no name. :P

Dear mother who doesn't like my attitude. Maybe if you didn't make rude comments about my clothing which is exactly none of your storming business , I wouldn't be so sensitive and sometimes rude  (read: self centered, arrogant :rolleyes:) when you tell me what to do in situations when I don't actually need your approval or permission. Maybe if you treated me like and adult and not a teenager, and didn't keep trying to change me, we could get along better. 

Sincerely,

Delightful  

PS: telling me to not be so sensitive about rude comments doesn't help either. Maybe they're actually hurtful and my feelings are legitimate? Maybe just? You could be a bit more empathetic instead of defaulting to "well I don't feel like I can say anything to you"?!

Once you start making strides toward independence, your mom will either be forced to respect that, or tighten her grip on you. I just rebelled in any way I could, pushing the envelope in ways that she couldn't quite punish without looking petty, but could still lecture about ("When you disagree with me in front of your youngest sister, it undermines my authority, so I want you to always agree with me when she's listening." Actual request. <_<). 

I know how hard that is, though. Just keep going, work toward independence, and if you need to vent, we're always listening. 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Once you start making strides toward independence, your mom will either be forced to respect that, or tighten her grip on you. I just rebelled in any way I could, pushing the envelope in ways that she couldn't quite punish without looking petty, but could still lecture about ("When you disagree with me in front of your youngest sister, it undermines my authority, so I want you to always agree with me when she's listening." Actual request. <_<). 

I know how hard that is, though. Just keep going, work toward independence, and if you need to vent, we're always listening. 

"Well, Twimom, maybe you should consider the possibility that your authority deserves to be undermined."

9 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

("When you disagree with me in front of your youngest sister, it undermines my authority, so I want you to always agree with me when she's listening." Actual request. <_<). 

"Then quit being wrong, mom!"

Twi walked to the opened door and, steadying the door with one hand, she called behind her: "And your blog sucks!"

SLAM!

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I never said that, but I thought it. :ph34r:

Someday you should, and videotape her reaction.  I want to see how many shades of purple she is capable of turning.

2 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

So a few days ago I broke out a new pair of fingerless gloves, and by the end of my first day of wearing them, one of the fingers was already coming unstitched. :/

Fix it!  A needle and thread is all you need.  Well, and scissors.  Scissors help.

19 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Fix it!  A needle and thread is all you need.  Well, and scissors.  Scissors help.

I will--I had to repair my last pair of gloves after the same thing happened, albeit not so soon. It's just annoying that this pair couldn't hold together for even one day before needing to be fixed.

Dogs, doing their business. 

You'd think they could just pick a spot and have done with it, but noooooo. Everything must be sniffed. Their human must be dragged from one end of the grounds to the other as spot after identical spot is rejected. 

THAT BUSH IS THE SAME AS THE BUSH WE JUST PASSED

JUST PICK A SPOT OR I WILL BE LATE FOR WORK

Generally yes, they are, but they can be really irritating when they can't decide which litter box to use and they dig in every one, making me stand and wait for them to do their business so I can clean up :P