Hoid's Feruchemy

SirTraconus

I wonder if he decided to tap some luck after seeing the broadsheets and found out "oh [insert Yolish curseword here] there's Cosmere stuff going down."  He did show up unexpectedly just in time for Wax to put his earring back in, after all.

That's when he gets into the carriage and Hoid is the driver right? Then has the long conversation with Harmony?

• 1 month later...

Weight?

I'm not sure where, but I thought we had confirmation that storing too much weight for too long would make you sick? I'm still generally confused because I've heard it said that it kind of is and kind of isn't storing gravitational pull, kind of is and kind of isn't storing mass, and kind of does and kind of doesn't affect your body's density.

I'm not sure where, but I thought we had confirmation that storing too much weight for too long would make you sick? I'm still generally confused because I've heard it said that it kind of is and kind of isn't storing gravitational pull, kind of is and kind of isn't storing mass, and kind of does and kind of doesn't affect your body's density.

Wax stores weight all the time and seems fine. I've never heard it said that storing weight makes you sick.

Edited by Moogle

Wax stores weight all the time and seems fine. I've never heard it said that storing weight makes you safe.

Unless SoS says something new, Wax goes around with the 70% of his weight.

But there is WoB about the Feruchemist/Ferring that tap/store very often (or always) Attributes may have some kind of side effect.

For example Wax's body usually is more light of how it should and probably his bones/muscles with the time may adapt with this condition.

He may be not as efficient as a normal human when he does'nt store his weight.

I would still think Wax's muscles would atrophy, at least to am extent. But Feruchemy also changes the users body chemistry so their body can withstand the changes correct? Or else wouldn't increasing their weight to an absurd degree, as we've seen Wax do, eventually crush your organs and skeletal system under the sheer density of your body?

Which would have to be a change in his body chemistry to support the added weight, it must do something to the body because their size doesn't increase when they increase weight if memory serves me correctly. So I would think if his compensates strength for added weight, it must also compensate for reducing weight.

Which would have to be a change in his body chemistry to support the added weight, it must do something to the body because their size doesn't increase when they increase weight if memory serves me correctly. So I would think if his compensates strength for added weight, it must also compensate for reducing weight.

Maybe Brandon will throw something in about tapping & storing higgs boson particles, and it doing something to help with the whole organ crushing thing. That would be awesome for him to throw in the higgs boson. *In the future era books obviously. I highly doubt era 1.5 will discover it.

EDIT*

Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

Are Higgs Bosons part of a person's Physical-realm state, or Spiritual?

Thats a good question. Gonna have to think about tht one.

That is an awesome idea! It would let him explain a lot of different things with Feruchemy. I don't think he'd call it the Higgs Boson Particle though, he'll probably develop some name linked to Scadrial that is a mirror image of the Higgs Boson

Definitely he will come up with an in world name for it (if he incorporates it that is). Yeah it would give him a scientific tool to work with, so it isnt just 'Magick did it'. I love seeing that in his stories, magick being explained and demystified by science.

Definitely he will come up with an in world name for it (if he incorporates it that is). Yeah it would give him a scientific tool to work with, so it isnt just 'Magick did it'. I love seeing that in his stories, magick being explained and demystified by science.

Well, demystification leads ultimately to "it's because we have a bunch of 1/16 parts of force of creation sitting on the planet".

Edited by Oversleep

Thats a good question. Gonna have to think about tht one.

Magic(why the "k"?) making bosons disappear is still magic doing it.

Human souls in the cosmere are made of the same stuff magic is. That's how their universe works really, and people study the stuff. It has its own rules; it might as well just be science our world doesn't have, so the way it bends physics should matter.

Wait, what is wrong with magic doing magical things? O_o

He may have been saying that accepting that it's magic which makes you lighter means that we won't delve any further into the issue to see exactly what mechanisms, magical or not, are causing the change.

Magic is often seen as a buzzword for anything that we can't understand or explain in scientific terms.

I think there may have been some miscommunication going on, if that was not what you were meaning to imply.

Edited by King's Twit

He may have been saying that accepting that it's magic which makes you lighter means that we won't delve any further into the issue to see exactly what mechanisms, magical or not, are causing the change.

But saying investiture isn't magic just because it follows measurable rules is false. That is my point, when discussing fantasy you can't just turn magic into a dirty word.