Metal Symbols/Glyphs/Aons

Have any of you seen any Image of the Metal Symbols or Glyphs or Aons that are pretty big (+6 inches)? I want to paint them on my wall but I havent seen any bigger then a few centimeters. If you don't know where I could find them do you have any sugestions on how to make them or draw them? so far I have been cutting the Metal symbols out of a Paint document and resizeing them in MS Word, they come out really fuzzy and It's hard to get the scale right though. I havent been able to find any pictures of the aons online either but if you know where some are please tell me.

The metal symbols I have as SVG so you can scale them as big as you want. Here you go.

(If this isn't allowed, then feel free to remove my post/the attachment)

EDIT: see lower post for new symbols.

The metal symbols I have as SVG so you can scale them as big as you want. Here you go.

(If this isn't allowed, then feel free to remove my post/the attachment)

Thanks, how do I download/open that file though? if I click it it says I dont have permission to view attachment.

A program called Inkscape.

And those files are 'wrong' in that I'm now going through them making them better.

I also started on the aons, but I already had nice black/white versions of the metals, whom someone had traced as svg's like mine, but then mistakenly rendered as rasters.

EDIT: Here's the newer versions

_metals.zip

What I wouldn't mind is the symbols for the god-metals (and I dont *know* if/that those that I have are correctly named etc, would be a great help if someone could confirm that). I've started trying to trace the Herald's symbols too. It's much harder when it's not easy >.>. lol

What I wouldn't mind is the symbols for the god-metals (and I dont *know* if/that those that I have are correctly named etc, would be a great help if someone could confirm that).

It's kind of hard for me to confirm it for you when they aren't in the file :P Plus, I can't open SVGs. Maybe include .jpg's as well as .svg's in the .zip for those of us who can't do vector artwork.

But, the symbols on the old Table of Allomantic Metals are correct. However, on that image that's floating around, lerasium was spelled--incorrectly--as "larasium". That is not the right spelling. The correct spellings are "lerasium", "atium", and "malatium". The atium and malatium symbols are the same as in MB3.

(I have the final version of the Table of Allomantic Metals, so I can just look at it. Though malatium isn't included in it)

Edited by Chaos

I was wondering where that misspelling came from.

From HoA Q&A

The man who died before Vin took over was named Leras. (I've occasionally written it as Laras. I've said the names in my head for years, but I'm only now writing them down as people ask me on forums.)

It's kind of hard for me to confirm it for you when they aren't in the file :P Plus, I can't open SVGs. Maybe include .jpg's as well as .svg's in the .zip for those of us who can't do vector artwork.

You can open and view the files with Firefox. But if you want to send it through photoshop or something, you'd need to do something else, like crop a screen cap of it.

Instead of allowing non-mainstream files, perhaps converting them to .jpg or .png format would be better. Just a suggestion. ;) That would make them more accessible, and it's a bit of a turnoff when one's computer doesn't even recognize the image type without an extra program installed.

Instead of allowing non-mainstream files, perhaps converting them to .jpg or .png format would be better. Just a suggestion. ;) That would make them more accessible, and it's a bit of a turnoff when one's computer doesn't even recognize the image type without an extra program installed.

I agree. They are a lot easier to edit that way. Why not include both?

if you want the standard rasters they're all uploaded to the wiki already, they're the one's I traced. The whole point of the vector's are that they're scalable. and they're pretty mainstream...

if you want the standard rasters they're all uploaded to the wiki already, they're the one's I traced. The whole point of the vector's are that they're scalable. and they're pretty mainstream...

It'd just be really handy to have all the PNGs in one place too, if you could zip them up, is all I'm saying. For us Photoshoppers who can't open SVGs in our favorite image editor...

It's actually ridiculously easy to save them as .pngs; that's how I've been working with them for the site. So here you all go: rasters of the metals. As a bonus to you, I had already made them transparent in Photoshop for extra usability.

metals.zip

• Chaos locked this topic