The roundabout

Alfa

All the alleys, higways and anything else have a shared flaw that has nothing to do with illumination.

They are going from A to B.

That seems not right to me. I found the solution. A roundabout goes from A to A and does not have an end in the classical meaning of the word.

Swear the oaths and come to the roundabout:

I will walk in circles.

I will talk in circles.

There are no beginnigs nor endings in the roundabout.

All the alleys, higways and anything else have a shared flaw that has nothing to do with illumination.

They are going from A to B.

That seems not right to me. I found the solution. A roundabout goes from A to A and does not have an end in the classical meaning of the word.

Swear the oaths and come to the roundabout:

I will walk in circles.

I will talk in circles.

There are no beginnigs nor endings in the roundabout.

You should take a look at Alley 189 sometime, it only goes from A to purple.

17th Shard Alleys are weird.

My favorite is Alley 3͎ͪͅ ̛̪͙̿̊͛͐ͤ͂ႋ͍̘͎̼͈̯̼͌ͣ9͎̞̮̗̫̥̬͌ ̭̾͐ͤͪ̐̑☺͖͚̟̟͓ͪ͑ͥ̑̓́ᶮ̨̤ȉ҉̱̳ɋ̰̥͖͖̕ᇘ̥͍1̶̨͏̪͖͓2͞҉̞͚̣͓

It goes from point Grey to point goldfish and between you pass through points that can best be explained through sign language by a woman dressed in paintings of nightmares by 5 year old children dancing to a free jazz jam by Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart.

Edited by Morzathoth

In Brazil we have a one-eightht made mostly abandoned unpavimented highway that goes from nowhere to nowhere and crosses the Amazon Forest. See, not all highways go from point A to point B, some just go on and on till they end.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Robert Iradal stepped from the shadows and looked around, unsure of how he ended up in that spatial anomaly. It was hard to navigate shadesmar without being able to use investiture yourself and having your triangulator stolen by your former assistent.

Seeing the being who called themself "Shard of Chaos", he abruptly shook his head and stayed silent. Maybe that creature's erratic powers would open an opportunity to escape that dimensional prision. If it didn't kill them all .

Ehm, Winter, is everything right in your head? You know, multiple voices and stuff...

Alfa?

Yes?
You just asked if somebody's allright in her head?

Yes.

You are at the roundabout.

Yes...?

Probably it was a wrong question to ask. You know, if somebody ends up here...

Edited by Alfa

My favorite is Alley 3͎ͪͅ ̛̪͙̿̊͛͐ͤ͂ႋ͍̘͎̼͈̯̼͌ͣ9͎̞̮̗̫̥̬͌ ̭̾͐ͤͪ̐̑☺͖͚̟̟͓ͪ͑ͥ̑̓́ᶮ̨̤ȉ҉̱̳ɋ̰̥͖͖̕ᇘ̥͍1̶̨͏̪͖͓2͞҉̞͚̣͓

It goes from point Grey to point goldfish and between you pass through points that can best be explained through sign language by a woman dressed in paintings of nightmares by 5 year old children dancing to a free jazz jam by Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart.

I don't think I've explored it very thoroughly, I spend most of my time in Alley *Series of screeches and the wails of forever damned souls*, they have the best taco sauce there.

I don't think I've explored it very thoroughly, I spend most of my time in Alley *Series of screeches and the wails of forever damned souls*, they have the best taco sauce there.

I prefer the half imaginary pizza in Alley *Tibetan Throat singing* The meat on those pizzas is divine! Literally, it is the meat of dead gods.

It is owned by a family of ghosts, nice notpeople.

I will happily enter the roundabout.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had a mental situation like this?:

I shall invent the flying car. First, instead of wheels, it shall have rotating fans. This will be much more productive than tires while in the air. Second, to make it fly, I shall add balloons to the top of it so that it flies. That would have to be a lot of balloons but I think that will... ah, yes. I have invented the blimp.  <_<

Inventing things is hard. 

I will happily enter the roundabout.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had a mental situation like this?:

I shall invent the flying car. First, instead of wheels, it shall have rotating fans. This will be much more productive than tires while in the air. Second, to make it fly, I shall add balloons to the top of it so that it flies. That would have to be a lot of balloons but I think that will... ah, yes. I have invented the blimp.  <_<

Inventing things is hard. 

I invented calculus once, the day before we were taught it officially. I was really excited to show my teacher and then he just taught it.  <_<

I invented calculus once, the day before we were taught it officially. I was really excited to show my teacher and then he just taught it.  <_<

I invented a weird way of multiplying multi-digit numbers back when that was new to me...

...and then decades later I see people's complaints about Common Core.  :ph34r:

If I ever want to invent things, I just go to Alley " ", where time is fluid and things don't always exist. Every idea is an original idea, because what you're inventing doesn't exist, unless it's cheese.

They also have sandwiches that are to die for. You literally have to commit seppuku before they give it to you. Totally worth it though.

But doesn't seppuku involved a cut stommach? How do you devour the sandwiches?

Anyway, as far as I understand the roundabout physics, any possible, impossible or semi-possible alley has to pass through its middle, unreachable.

Edited by Alfa

Anyway, as far as I understand the roundabout physics, any possible, impossible or semi-possible alley has to pass through its middle, unreachable.

You just use your other stomach. You don't have one of those?

Non-denziens are weird.

It makes more sense when you apply theoretical quantum biology

I guess the highway can lie above or below (or both) the roundabout. Or being a tangent. Or probably neither. It's hard to explain a place that is infite and finite at the same time.

During my latest exploration of the roundabout I discovered a point that is not a point on the roundabout from where you have a perfectly look on a chasm in the shattered plains. Unluckily, the only thing to see is a boringspren.

I'm highly tempted at this point to start a rival social guild called 'The Mobius strip' for something that's infinitely recursive on both sides (Which are both the same side) but the forums been getting loaded up quite a bit with joke guilds so I think I might leave it for now. :P

Now excuse me while I begin work on a... completely unrelated project in Alley :mellow:  :ph34r:  B)  :D  :lol:  :P  ;)  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 
:ph34r:

This makes me wonder... How lit is this place? If I put a lamp at the center of the roundabout, does it illuminate it? What if I put a lamp outside it, does tge light spread across it? Or does it share the Highway's indeterminable illumination, to reflect its indeterminable location and size?

The illumination depends on your exact location (that is a little bit hard to determine, because there are neither starting nor ending points) and on your subjective expectation.
Also, the roundabout has no "center", lacking a definition of one, so you can't put a lamp in it. If you put a lamp inside the roundabout, it can be within or without reach of different point on the roundabout and most likely will fall in one alley, non-alley or semi-alley, probably lighting it brighter than appropriate.