Shadows of Self: SFO Signing

Elbereth

Thanks a bunch, Argent!

Q: If Nightblood feeds on Breath, but Szeth doesn’t have it, will it feed on Stormlight?

A: Nightblood can feed off Stormlight, but Szeth can't draw in Stormlight right now. So he better not draw that sword, for a while at least.

Confirmation feels nice! I'd been defending this theory for a while.

(also, "for a while". szeth = skybreaker in the future 10000% confirmed)

Thanks a bunch, Argent!

Confirmation feels nice! I'd been defending this theory for a while.

(also, "for a while". szeth = skybreaker in the future 10000% confirmed)

These were my thoughts as well... I don't know how I feel about it  :unsure:

Edit: I am very exited to read we are going to learn more about Rhysadium in the next book. That was a good one.

Edited by maxal

Whoever was asking about the Ryshadium said something about Renarin, I think, and Brandon went "Oh, you are a fan of Renarin too?" and I think that was it.

Oh but how was the Rhysadium question related to Renarin? Is he getting one? That would be an interesting development for him... I think I'd like that: Renarin with a Rhysadium while Adolin just lost his. Let the younger brother shine for a while.

Oh but how was the Rhysadium question related to Renarin? Is he getting one? That would be an interesting development for him... I think I'd like that: Renarin with a Rhysadium while Adolin just lost his. Let the younger brother shine for a while.

The question is a bit garbled, but I'll re-listen later. It had to do with whether Renarin would get a Rhyshadium, but I could be mistaken.

I asked the question in the line at 25:53, so I will go in and fix that at some point.  I will note that Brandon had a very large grin on his face when I asked.

I also asked the aluminum tube question.  Apparently my voice doesn't carry well.

Edited by FirstSelector

Does anyone find it slightly unnerving that Brandon was handing out cookies;)

Someone else brought the cookies.

I also had a really great time there, and got to meet awesome people. I have spent the last day reading SoS, which is why I wasn't really around for most of this thread, but I'm back now. I could post my audio if anyone wants it, but it should be pretty much exactly the same as FirstSelector's, except missing the last half hour, so I don't see much of a point.

Someone else brought the cookies.

I also had a really great time there, and got to meet awesome people. I have spent the last day reading SoS, which is why I wasn't really around for most of this thread, but I'm back now. I could post my audio if anyone wants it, but it should be pretty much exactly the same as FirstSelector's, except missing the last half hour, so I don't see much of a point.

Voidus/other DA resident-secret agent minion sighting confirmed...... :ph34r:

This doesn't affect a whole lot but seems an interesting tidbit:

Q [59:00:00]: I was wondering, is Nightblood a Shardblade?

A: Nightblood is an attempt by someone who didn’t know how Shardblades were made to create a Shardblade using a different magic system.

This seems to imply that a certain someone knew what Shardblades were before creating Nightblood - meaning he'd been to Roshar before. Did we know this already?

I might be reading too much into Brandon's answer here, but...

(Stormlight spoilers)

I'm starting to think that crem is actually Cultivation's physical manifestation.  So, kind of like "Cultivation's version of Atium/Lerasium."  This could also explain why the landmass on Roshar is shaped exactly like Shadesmar... because Cultivation made it that way.

I might be reading too much into Brandon's answer here, but...

(Stormlight spoilers)

I'm starting to think that crem is actually Cultivation's physical manifestation.  So, kind of like "Cultivation's version of Atium/Lerasium."  This could also explain why the landmass on Roshar is shaped exactly like Shadesmar... because Cultivation made it that way.

On Shadesmar:

I thought that it was the other way around - Shadesmar looks that way because the minds of objects, animals, and people make up that ocean of bubbles, and it looks like the Roshari supercontinent because that's where all the stuff is.  

Edited by Landis963

The most interesting thing from the transcript is him possibly considering shortening the Dragonsteel series. Hell, I'd be okay with three books. Cosmere is going to go on for decades as is; may as well condense where it's appropriate.

Eh Peter posted about Dragonsteel ages ago that it would probably be either 3 or 5.

I hadn't seen that before and just assumed he meant that you wouldn't have to read all of Dragonsteel before the necessary pieces were in place to release the super epic third Mistborn trilogy that sounds like it's going to be the big climax, or at least be the harbinger of the climax. But if he thinks he can do Dragonsteel in fewer books than its current incarnation, awesome. <Goes back to reading Shadows of Self and fantasizing about the day we get to read the second Mistborn trilogy>

I wish I were. But it would mean skipping out on class for a second day in a row, something I can't afford to do in chemistry. Maybe for Calamity...

Nice profile pic!  ;)

Thank you very much! I don't know why I didn't see your post before.

I made a 3D printed copy of Aon Sao too, but it looks like I'll have to remake it. The tenth anniversary changed it to be more symmetrical.

I actually came here to say I also had my Shadows of Self say "Hands all red...", which I'm guessing was just meant to be foreboding, given its actual context.

But I also got a message in Words of Radiance, which says "Bridge Four!"

So there's that.

I hadn't read any of the book before the signing because I wanted to buy it at the store but yeah, I now get the impression that it's a reference to something in Shadows of Self, er, itself. Still reading it, about a third of the way in but I can already see how the phrase could apply in a few ways.