Cosmere Fanart - Sketches and Works-in-Progress

ExMachina

HE'S SO CUTE I'M GONNA DIIIIIE. Oh, also! Because you fanartists are so wonderful and we know so very little about Renarin's appearance, I went ahead and asked a few clarification things at the signing. Renarin's hair is black/blonde the way Adolin's is, but Renarin has more black than blonde in his. And I asked about eye color as well, but Team Sanderson said they'd get back to me on that one.

Ha! Mildly amusing, but no points to you. I already established that I use the poor jokes. :P

...and reuse of jokes is strictly forbidden on pain of getting dunked in a highstorm, yes? xD

Also, it's good to know that my silly doodles aren't just funny to me. I pretty much ship all the ships in WoR since everyone's interactions are so good. *.* So I might draw more stuff for other pairings too...

Argent: Dreamstorm x Kaladin OTP :P

Feather: Ooh, very interesting. *adds to description list* I've tended to make Renarin's hair darker than Adolin's in previous drawings, but I'll push more black hair when I do a color another pic of him. :3 Would be cool to get confirmation on his eye color too, but for now I'll continue to spam Kholin blue. Ugh, the things I'd do to get a peek at that internal wiki of Team Sanderon's...

(hmm, more shirtless Kholins you say? that is always on the agenda... it's all in the name of science, I swear)

Weiry: Thank you! I honestly giggled out loud when I read that Dalinar himself was holding Navani's umbrella... Cuteness overload.

(So yeah, shirtless!Dalinar... Kaladin just wouldn't stop mentioning how the guy is built like a rock and I wanted to figure out his body type. But it seems we all already know that Dalinar is a hot dad so no need to comment on it, I guess? heh)

Edited by ExMachina

Aha, Dreamstorm! I couldn't remember his name for the longest time...

Also, as of today the number of shirtless men in your drawings far outweighs the number of shirtless women. I call sexism, bias, and severe subjectivity. You artists are such an inconsiderate lot, I swear...

...but then again, even shirtless cosmere characters are still cosmere characters, so my heart is not in the complaints.

Aha, Dreamstorm! I couldn't remember his name for the longest time...

Also, as of today the number of shirtless men in your drawings far outweighs the number of shirtless women. I call sexism, bias, and severe subjectivity. You artists are such an inconsiderate lot, I swear...

...but then again, even shirtless cosmere characters are still cosmere characters, so my heart is not in the complaints.

(since I didn't see it posted here)

*cough*almostshirtlessShallan*cough*

Feather: I think I know what I'm drawing during FNCC tonight. :D

jasonpenguin: Thank ye kindly! :3 I haven't yet drawn anything Warbreaker-related actually... even though it's the first book of Brandon's I ever read so it holds a pretty special place in my heart. I should rectify that! Maybe I'll try my hand at Lightsong and other characters this weekend. 

A couple more drawin's for y'all -

I've never drawn Lirin and Hesina before... so here's a cheerful depiction of them with Kaladin. >.>

ib0Yo7AMAbKneY.png

And an ink drawing of a very windy Kaladin and Syl 'cause I got some new pens. :>

ibx9duzGtRGiyx.jpg

( scanned version here - http://i4.minus.com/iGFb92jhIoHjj.jpg )

Appreauntis: I'm sorry, I just have to draw sad things... You know this scene is going to destroy us when it does happen. :D

Argent: I'm still getting a handle on tumblr myself, I have a really hard time tracking conversations on there, haha. Just posting is so much easier... xD

Feather: (Maki is preferable since it leaves no confusion on how it's pronounced)

Hm, a thing you say? You mean this masterpiece?

ib2aIptGDpxFpn.jpg

Just kidding! Shirtless!Renarin. ^^

tumblr_n2gz0dU8VP1rn8nkfo1_500.jpg

(though Stick is legit awesome too... looking at the Coppermind page makes me laugh out loud every time)

Edited by ExMachina

That stick is a stick. (And I totally added the pic to the Coppermind article because it amuses me as well. Hehehehe.) I love how we have both "stick" form and Shadesmar bead form.

Oh, and thanks for clearing up spelling/pronunciation. I know I've been calling you "Ex" for a while, but I will switch to Maki, since that's what you listed!

...I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh, right.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S SO CUTE I'M GONNA DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE. IT IS THE MOST PERFECT THING EVER AND I LOVE IT AND I LOVE YOU AND YOU'RE PERFECT AND I HOPE ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Feather: ^^

Joe and Argent: My greatest masterpiece, I tells ya.

Mailliw: :D Thank you!

So... I've actually been pretty busy art-wise (and going to a Brandon signing! :DDDD) this past week and I'm super excited about getting to show y'all what I've been working on soon. In the meantime, here's some silly stuff I drew on the side:

SA chibis at the bottom of a sketchbook page:

ivvrNQPl0rMbk.jpg

FNCC requested a Kadolin fistbump, so yeah!

iTNOv3e8Qsgpl.png

And here's "I draw stupid comics just to get to funny Kaladin faces" part 2:

ibgmZuAoZ2ltBj.png

Edited by ExMachina