What are YOUR Lame Superpowers?

KChan

Adaptability/Super-Immunity

My immune system is ridiculously strong, and I adapt to medication faster than should be possible. I haven't been sick in two years, and the last time I was, it lasted less than a day. Medications rarely work after the first few pills (which is something of a disadvantage) before my body adapts to them. I've been in rooms filled with people coughing and hacking their lungs out, sometimes accidentally on me, and never caught a thing.

So, you're a Borg. Huh. I'm glad you didn't assimilate us at Alloy...

That reminds me. Another one I have.

Adaptability/Super-Immunity

My immune system is ridiculously strong, and I adapt to medication faster than should be possible. I haven't been sick in two years, and the last time I was, it lasted less than a day. Medications rarely work after the first few pills (which is something of a disadvantage) before my body adapts to them. I've been in rooms filled with people coughing and hacking their lungs out, sometimes accidentally on me, and never caught a thing.

I have a twisted version of this. 'Tis not much fun.

Another one that I just thought of:

Internal Compass: I almost always know what direction I am facing; even if I am in a completely unfamiliar area I can point out which direction is North. It is quite helpful when backpacking.

• 1 month later...

My lame superpowers:

Weak immunity to cold: I can stand lower temperatures of water, air and pretty much anything than most people. However, this means that I don't enjoy warm places becasue of the humidity(I hate it!!)

Book absorbation: I am able to completely immerse myself into a book that it seems I am part of the story. I was reading a book one day, and in the book a character left the room. In the real world, my brother entered the room and I looked up and said, "You're back already?"

Thats pretty much it, however, I can get really absorbed into my thinking and have people be saying my name over and over and I don't hear them.

My lame superpowers:

Intense Consentration: I can "zone in" on a book, movie or video game and completely ignore the world. It gets me into trouble with the wife a lot... For example, I have two dogs. Note to self: Be careful when you say yes.

Speed Reading: If a book is good, I can finish it in hours. I read the entire WoT series in about 2 weeks, also, went to the midnight release of Harry Potter: the Deathly Hallows and finished it by 9am.

Video Game Mediocrity: No matter how much I play, I am never better than good at video games.

My lame superpowers:

Speed Reading: If a book is good, I can finish it in hours. I read the entire WoT series in about 2 weeks, also, went to the midnight release of Harry Potter: the Deathly Hallows and finished it by 9am.

I have this, but even stronger. I once won twenty dollars for reading a whole book in under 20 minutes, and I read the whole of AoL in under an hour.

my other powers include:

Psionic Programming I can program my body to carry out tasks while my mind is off somewhere else.

Permanent Visioning I automatically write fantasy stories in my head at almost all times.

Literary Previews When I'm not thinking about anything in particular, I am treated to the mental equivalent of a bunch of movie previews. That is, I think/hear/imagine fragments of fantasy stories, each only a few seconds long, and with no obvious connection to each other. They seem to be the mental equivalent of those tiny scenes they show in movie previews.

Social Blindness I have no sense whatsoever for the rules of social interaction.

• 1 month later...
Permanent Visioning I automatically write fantasy stories in my head at almost all times.

Literary Previews When I'm not thinking about anything in particular, I am treated to the mental equivalent of a bunch of movie previews. That is, I think/hear/imagine fragments of fantasy stories, each only a few seconds long, and with no obvious connection to each other. They seem to be the mental equivalent of those tiny scenes they show in movie previews.

I have sort of a hybrid of these two. I often have various stories/snippets playing in my head when I'm doing pretty much anything. They're often related, and sometimes even turn into really great RP ideas.

Situational Memory Recollection - Usually comes up most with book series/comics - As soon as I pick something back up (either the same book, a new book in a series, webcomics, etc), I remember where I left off & what was happening, even if it's been over a year since I last read/saw it. I can sometimes recall conversations with people that happened quite a while ago as well - which gets a bit distracting... "remember when we were talking about X? It was about 5 months ago or so, but...."

I also have Speed Reading, Inability to Bleed, sneakiness (just like most people here apparently...)

I've also got an Internal Sleep Clock - I'll almost always wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes off, even when I set it for a different time than normal (such as setting it an hour early to get some stuff done before work...)

And I've also got a weird case of Light/Heavy sleeping - I'll sleep through things that don't really matter (people playing music, general loud noises... I even slept through the fire alarm going off once) but I'll also wake up to small things - whenever somebody enters my bedroom to wake me up (but not if they are just grabbing something [a book, etc]), a light tap on the door, etc.

Cell Phone Awareness

My superpower is a little odd- my phone is almost always being slow, or not notifying of texts, or misses calls, etc. Which is how my super power showed up- Almost always, when I check my phone for new messages, or missed calls, and makes it refresh, almost always, there's a message that just happened, or a call I just missed. And I usually only have like 5 texts a day, with maybe a phone call. It's a little freaky.

Fake Sleeping

I can trick anyone who doesn't know me into thinking I'm asleep. Works pretty well on long bus rides.

Extreme Ignorance

I can zone out anything. And I mean anything. I think it's related to that dual-track brain thing some people have.

Selective Reading

I've been known to read right past bad words in books and not even notice them. Helps a lot, since I don't really want such words rolling around in my head anyway.

Silent Movement

Ninja. And I don't even try.

And I have that thing mentioned earlier where I can just be there and nobody notices me.

Edited by Ironeyes

Although it doesn't show up often, I occasionally have Type-Writing - the ability to make typing mistakes while writing. I rarely have to write very much by hand (exams with essay questions are the primary cause), but when I am writing quickly without thinking about how I'm writing, I make mistakes that would come from using the right finger on the wrong hand (switching "s" and "l," for instance), or using the wrong letter that the same finger would press. It's odd, because I don't think of typing while I'm writing, but I've caught myself making the same mistakes.

This one's probably common around here, but Metal Memory - the ability to recite the 16 Allomantic metals in order in under 5 seconds (It takes a bit longer if I have to follow a different order, however). All of the misting and ferring names are memorized, as are the allomantic and feruchemical abilities.

Edited by Musicspren

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple to add in. I can change traffic lights. The problem is I don't have any sort of control over this, so 99% of the time, I hit every light red. It gets really old really fast.

I also have Useless Memory. My brother told me the date he's getting married and I couldn't tell you what day it is (and I'm totally kidding on that one lol), but if you were to ask me about something nerdy or something I find amusing, I can rattle off gobs of useless info and trivia.

Whenever there's a panic situation going on (usually if someone's hurt), I never lose my head until I know everyone is alright. What would you call that? Controlled level headed-ness? Extreme Mother-hen-ed-ness?

Edited by Swifftalon

Although it doesn't show up often, I occasionally have Type-Writing - the ability to make typing mistakes while writing. I rarely have to write very much by hand (exams with essay questions are the primary cause), but when I am writing quickly without thinking about how I'm writing, I make mistakes that would come from using the right finger on the wrong hand (switching "s" and "l," for instance), or using the wrong letter that the same finger would press. It's odd, because I don't think of typing while I'm writing, but I've caught myself making the same mistakes.

This happened to me last week in a midterm! I actually sat there and hand-wrote "hte" on the exam. Good thing I caught it.

Temporal Warp/Involuntary Pulsing - this is one I forgot to mention earlier, but when I get totally immersed in an activity, I get totally immersed. So much, in fact,that hours will pass that have only felt like a few minutes to me. Some video games/art projects can do this, but the vast majority of the time it's happened, I've been reading. Oddly, reading while in Temporal Warp Mode also produces some interesting side effects: either people will forget I'm even there, or they'll not notice I'm reading - convenient for when you haven't noticed that class started twenty minutes ago, but not so much when you're reading an Inquisitor fight scene and people keep wanting to talk at me. Not to me, at me. It's really weird.

• 1 month later...

Also, I'm an incredibly determined sleeper. In most cases it takes two separate alarm clocks and possibly someone physically shaking to get me up. Ask Nehex and Possibly Rubix and they will attest to the depth of my sleep.

Lastly, when I'm reading a good book, I can tune out litterally everything. The only thing that can break me out of my reverie is hearing my name (or my brother's oddly enough) or noticing that it's been ages since I ate.

I have text message precognition. I'll check my phone, then half a second later, I'll get a text. At one point, I could mentally command other people to text me (although this one was hit-and-miss).

• 4 weeks later...

Word Visualization

Sometimes this one goes away, but occasionally I can visualize a word in my head as a certain shape and coloration, unique to that word.Take the word "with" for example. Visualized, that word looks like a downward curving dash that is light green in color and bends towards the POV in the middle. If I wait long enough and concentrate I can think whole sentences in shapes and colors.

That's called Synesthesia. Read The Name Of This Book Is Secret.

• 1 month later...

Language mixer.

I have the ability to think in any language I can speak. If I'm thinking about a book I've read in English, I'll be thinking in English, and continue so until I engage in a conversation/read something/hear something in any other language, and so on. The problem is, unless it is a language I'm not fluent at, I'm not really conscious of which I'm using. That means that, if I get distracted, I can do things such as write a supposedly French essay in perfect -well, not perfect. It can be drastically improved- Japanese.

Well, don't look at me that way. It was an exam and I was pretty bored, and I had a brand new manga in my bag, so it's obvious what happened XD.

My sister has something a little like this. She writes (not types) in Greek letters. She also posesses the power to turn traffic lights green at will, and others that i can't think of right now.

EDIT: I've just remembered another power of Rebekah's: Random Spren Attraction. Just since I've started paying attention, she has encountered windowspren, popcanspren, and two sentient spren: a mailboxspren named Murray and an elevatorspren named Otis.

Edited by ReaderAt2046

• 3 weeks later...

Super composure

I virtually never lose my temper. I can be annoyed, frustrated, irritated, or even outright furious, but I almost never lose it. Even when things happen that make otherwise calm people put fists through the wall or shout and such, I'm generally the one who remains calm tries to find a rational solution. Insults and jibes bounce off me like water off a duck's back.

Incredible Procrastination

I am VERY aware of my limits when it comes to doing things, and I generally get things done really fast when I get started. This means that I can procrastinate exactly to the point of almost not being able to finish - but only almost. I know when I have to start studying for an exam; I know when I have to start writing an essay or working on a project, etc. I always feel uneasy about answering questions like "how long did it take you to finish the assignment in that course? How long does it take?" from students who're going to take courses I've already passed, because I know that I'm usually better at getting things done in time, even though I procrastinate like hell, than a lot of people. And I don't plan this rationally - it's more of an intuitive feeling. So, I know exactly when "the last minute" starts.

Relating to others

I have a very easy time relating to others. Even if I'm arguing with someone who's fundamentally different than I am, or who has really idiotic opinions, I can still easily understand why they do or feel what they do. It doesn't make me any more inclined to agree with them, but it's very useful when trying to mediate between people who're fighting, for instance.

Language mixer.

I have the ability to think in any language I can speak. If I'm thinking about a book I've read in English, I'll be thinking in English, and continue so until I engage in a conversation/read something/hear something in any other language, and so on. The problem is, unless it is a language I'm not fluent at, I'm not really conscious of which I'm using. That means that, if I get distracted, I can do things such as write a supposedly French essay in perfect -well, not perfect. It can be drastically improved- Japanese.

Well, don't look at me that way. It was an exam and I was pretty bored, and I had a brand new manga in my bag, so it's obvious what happened XD.

I'm like this, too. Especially with Swedish (my native language) and English. And if I'm learning a new language, I very quickly start thinking in that language, too. Especially grammar-wise. Like, when I studied Japanese at the university, I went around thinking in Japanese, even though I didn't know all the words. But I used what I knew, and thought in Japanese, grammar-wise. I end up like that really easily. Think it may be related to my ability to learn languages quite quickly.

Okay, this was a really funny thread, and I figured out another one.

Expedient falling-out-of-love

If I'm in love with someone or have a crush on someone, and then realise that the feelings aren't mutual, or get to know that I cannot get the other person (for already being in a relationship, or if the person happens to be interested in the wrong gender), I fall out of love almost immediately. It can go a couple of weeks, and after that, I can see the person as just a friend, and not really understand how I could've had that crush.

Very useful.

• 2 months later...

Toast control. I have the power to make my toast always land face-up when I drop it.

That is a superpower. A mathematician has proven that toast dropped off a table lands butter-side down 95+% of the time as a consequence of the laws of physics.