Cosmere Battle Royale; AKA Who Would Win

Gamma Fiend

I think first thing LR would do is go "psha, you're coming at me with a sword" and try and push it, and when it doesn't push realize that Szeth is actually a valid attacker he had to deal with.

I think his steel speed and iron weight changing could both make Szeth's martial art hard to use on him.

If he gets cut in a nonfatal way, LR could heal it b/c I'm pretty sure we have WoB that says gold heals shardblade cuts. 

You can't push or pull metal that is inside someone, I wonder what would happen if you cut metal that is piercing the LR. I'd assume it would not be cut but it might cut the Hcharge it has. It might just chip at it like it does shardplate until it breaks it though.

Over all, I think just what Szeth could do, LR could handle him.

Im not so certain that TLR couldent push the blade thou.

You cannot normally push invested materials true, but in the same way you cannot normally push metals in the body of ppl. But enough power behind it, and you can get past that. As TLR does to the iron in Vins blood(I assume thats what he pushes at the end of book 1), and Vin once she´s powered by the mist.

Now, its true that there is a shitload of investiture in that sword, but at the same time, TLR could gather a shitload too. I don´t really think we could say for sure if he could push it or not. Either way, he could push Szeth same he did with Vin.

TLR is damnation powerful. Hard to beat once he knows your dangerous.

Only way Szeth could win against TLR is by surprise. Otherwise TLR would just kill him with a single slap to face. And there's no way Szeth could do a thing to prevent that if TLR knew about Shardblade and Surgebinding even if he knew about TLR's abilities. So in a fair fight TLR wins.

If neither of them knew about each others abilities TLR might have lost it because most likely he'd underestimate Szeth and Szeth would go straight for the kill.

And ofc if only one of them knew about another's powers then he would've won it easily.

Theoretically its a draw but in sheer power TLR is strongest guy in Cosmere so far and IMO Szeth isn't that strong cosmerewise.

Edited by 213

But TLR could change his weight and that would definitely change something. If he compounds, at the very least, the wall would break in some way freeing him. 

He could also pull himself through it if there is metal around. 

But yeah, there is nothing to say that the blade would be metal at all, but TLR would assume it's a normal sword, try and push it, and find out that it wasn't normal. I still say that it wouldn't be pushable even if it was metal. 

Also, just like you can't lash someone in shardplate, I think you couldnt lash TLR. 

Could propably lash him. Bad news comes when TLR got a kickass anchor from your lashings and he does what he did to Vin, Push you away by pushing on the iron in your blood. Vin was dying from that push despite pewter, stormlight in Szeth there may be somewhat equal to pewter? 

Not to mention even if you used a few hundred lashings, TLR could pull equal strength and just stand on the wall :/

TLR is just a cheater with his compounding;).

Could propably lash him. Bad news comes when TLR got a kickass anchor from your lashings and he does what he did to Vin, Push you away by pushing on the iron in your blood. Vin was dying from that push despite pewter, stormlight in Szeth there may be somewhat equal to pewter? 

Not to mention even if you used a few hundred lashings, TLR could pull equal strength and just stand on the wall :/

TLR is just a cheater with his compounding;).

Not to mention that there's a possibility that Allomantic aluminum, and possibly Feruchemical nicrosil, can dispel Lashings (it's my pet theory. Sorry)

The wall would not come down unless it was too weak to hold TLR's weight.  Also, you cannot reduce your weight to zero by filling iron.  Also, we should assume that either they both know about the other's magic or they both do not know about the other's magic.

Edited by Shardlet

Also, you cannot reduce your weight to zero by filling iron. 

What are you basing stating that as fact on?

I know thats been said before, but always before when I´v seen that view its been an unconfirmed theory some believes in, so wondering if something new have come up regarding it.

Edited by dyring

You'd have to be naked to put your weight to 0, and he's got lots and lots of metal. 

But the wall wouldn't break unless it can't hold his weight, it can't if he doesn't want it to be able to. haha.

But yeah, I'm basing my thoughts on this fight as neither of them know anything until they try their magic and see how it works differently on each other. 

Aye, clothing is something else, its not gonna be affected by storing anything (re: Sazed pointing out that he made himself light enough that his metalminds was the heaviest thing on him when falling down into the inquisitor base, light enough that air resistance kept him gliding down like... well, like a leaf on the wind;))

As for not being able to storing all shardlet, I think your thinking about stuff like health, where you´d die if you store to much and so on.

unless he lives long enough to realize the metal is important.

Lash that instead, make TLR age to death.

Szeth can't lash the bracers, TLR can't push or pull on the shardblade. Nor store anything in it.

Sorry, those are pre-invested (invested before the action (e.g. lashing) happens) objects. It is not certain whether if you cannot invest pre-invested objects, or if it takes alot of effort and concentration (which is tough to do if 17S.com just proved you have no edge). Either way, can't be done (unless if they are completely drained, which won't happen).

Now, if that was not the case, TLR could push the blade away, leaving mr. grandson with only lashes, which would not work on the body, leaving Szeth open to the Deadlies Bitchslaps in the Recorded History of the Cosmere.

• 3 weeks later...

One I think would be interesting is Dilaf vs. Vin. In their respective books, both Dakhor monks and Mistborn are referred to being as powerful as a hundred men.

Didn't one of the monks get smashed up by a big guy with a battle axe? :) Of course Dilaf would be a lot more powerful.

Kelsier v. Kaladin would go to Kaladin. If it's purely spears, it would take a while, but Kaladin would win. Kelsier is good, but he's not that good. Yeah, his fight with the Inquisitor was awesome, but he had a lot of other tricks up his sleeve, particularly with iron and steel. And if you give him other metals, you've got to give Kaladin spheres. 

Well, ya know... Kelsier was killed by a spear...

Fighting Kaladin would be like fighitng a lurcher. You have to make sure the coins don't hit the shield, but you could pull it off. Especially if you over shoot and then pull it back, it will go past them and come up from behind, pulling it to the shield will just make it come to you more.

Unless Kaladin held the shield out to the side. that is what Szeth did when the guards threw their spears. he touched a door at his side. That way if someone attacked from behind it would just go to the side

The important thing about Sazed in the Elend's group vs Dalanar's group is before Sazed fights he'll totally complain about not being a warrior before he kicks some chull.

He'd probably only use speed to dodge shard blades, not really on the attacking part, and he'd probably not use precision to hit eyeslits. He'd probably just dodge blades and punch plate tapping a lot of pewter. 

Punching shardplate? Now were talking the cosmere's version of ultimate bloody knuckles. Even with pewter that's.. ouch

That would also make conflict tricky to do well.  No, you would have to give both really serious motivations and misunderstandings to get it to really work.

Of course, I can imagine such scenarios.  I'm just saying that it's one of the more difficult conflicts to write.

This is on how to get Kaladin and Raoden to avoid an alliance in uniting people and building a community. Just tell Kaladin that Raoden is a light eyes and then tell them that they can't see each other for some reason

I think first thing LR would do is go "psha, you're coming at me with a sword" and try and push it, and when it doesn't push realize that Szeth is actually a valid attacker he had to deal with.

I think his steel speed and iron weight changing could both make Szeth's martial art hard to use on him.

If he gets cut in a nonfatal way, LR could heal it b/c I'm pretty sure we have WoB that says gold heals shardblade cuts. 

You can't push or pull metal that is inside someone, I wonder what would happen if you cut metal that is piercing the LR. I'd assume it would not be cut but it might cut the Hcharge it has. It might just chip at it like it does shardplate until it breaks it though.

Over all, I think just what Szeth could do, LR could handle him.

I think that Szeth would be a bit smarter about attacking the LR. after all if you are going for a successful assassination you wan to know all about the person that you are going to assassinate. The LR on the other hand would know nothing of Szeth giving the assassin the element of surprised. I also think that Szeth would launch rocks at the LR before trying to get him with the shardblade.

Also, would Szeth's stormlight make it impossible for the LR to push on the iron in his blood?

Any more thoughts? hopefully this thread isn't too old..

Oh, and by the way, jag, I didn't quote you that much on purpose. I just went through the thread and chose which replies I wanted to reply too. I guess that your ideas are just really intriguing. :D 

Edited by Pinpoint

I want Sadeas and Dalinar wrestling in shardplate. Clean non-weapon fight. Bonus point if we hear (even in passing) that a charecter who saw that found it... ero- (sees murderous look in fans' eyes) -pean! and... arou- (angry mob soulcasts itself a short distance away) -nd the corner! Yes!

Axies against Breeze - british humor. It only depends whether you like narrator jokes or character jokes better. Either way, Wayne wins.

Rosharan moons versus Wayne - screwing with logic. I bet on a draw.