Metalurgist?Worldhopper?Lightweaver?

These r the next 3 types of people in the Cosmere (not races). Hemalurgists r people who practise Hemalurgy, the art of ruin. It i she the Hemalurgist drives a metal spike through a heart and then drives into the desired part of his/her body as to enhance that part. Like the Steel Inquisitor. World hoppers r people who use the Investiture (or magic) to jump from one place to another like teleportation. An example is the 17th Shard. Lightweavers r people or beings that can create optical illusions. I am not sure but I think there r a Knights Radiants faction known as the Lightweavers. Hoid is suspected to be one.

The Radiant order of Lightweavers and other surgebinders with their abilities is one thing.

Hoid's is a completely different type of magic altogether. And Elantrians can generate illusions as well, but nobody calls them Lightweavers.

The Radiant order of Lightweavers and other surgebinders with their abilities is one thing.

Hoid's is a completely different type of magic altogether. And Elantrians can generate illusions as well, but nobody calls them Lightweavers.

In WoK When Hoid is telling Kaladin the tale, Kaladin sees figures in the fire. This may be Lightweaving as it is an illusion Edited by Eternal_Radiance

Why make a new discussion if it's about the same topic you made earlier? Just put them all in one place :V

(That being said, wasn't Hoid referred to as a lightweaver in the liar of partinel?)

Yeah, he was, but it's still a different sort of thing. Ars Arcana describes the surge of Illumination as being "closest to the original Yolish variant", so they definitely differ fundamentally somewhere to only be "close".

I think painters and people who sketch and draw should be distinguished despite both fabricating images of things, no? We probably shouldn't lump all illusionists together even if they have the same name. It's about as fair as calling Seons and Spren collectively as just "Splinters" disregarding differences.

EDIT: I may have gotten myself carried away, so please forgive me if what is written is the spoiled section is too agressive

Yes, except that cluttering the theory section with pointless badly explained threads that seem to be some sort of weird forum game with concepts you don't fully understand isn't exactly the kind of thing people should upvote.

/EDIT

I would recomend lurking in the forums for a while before posting again, so you could think more before starting a topic, Eternal_Radiance. This may sound harsh, but it is for your own personal growth as a member of this community.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Okay, so first off CognitivePulsePattern, you are right that does sound harsh.  Please don't discourage people from posting just because they are not as aware of how things work.  We were all newbies at some point.

That said, Eternal_Radiance, the likely reason your posts are being received poorly is that is not clear what point you are trying to make. The grammar thing may be playing a role (generally people are fairly forgiving on this sort of thing but when the point of the post isn't clear poor grammar can be very annoying).

My question for you is, what point are you trying to make with these threads?  Are you asking for help understanding these concepts?  Or trying to do some sort of "Which one are you?" forum game?  Perhaps if we better understood your goals we could help you out.

I am sorry if it was hurtful, but I honestly think that in cases like this it is better to step back a while and pay attention while things settle themselves in both yours and other people's heads. I did put it in a brusque way, and I admit that social tact is not one of my strenghts, but I believe it was better to give my honest advice, even if in a less than perfect manner, than to let it stay unspoken in fear of offending. If something like this does happen again I will be more careful.

EDIT: And about my attack on Eternal_Radiance's previous posts, I have gotten myself carried away and the constructive aspects of my criticism were buried under the agressive tone, but I didn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to post his ideas, and I am actualy curious about what they will look like if more developed.

I am thinking that joining this site was a mistake. I am sorry if you all disagree with what i believe. Noone is perfect.

No one attacked your beliefs, the critisism was about your way of stating said beliefs given that your Post neither asks a question, nor theorizes about some aspects of the cosmere. We do not unterstand what exactly you want to tell/ explain to us.

If you could state your Intentions behind those posts we would unterstand what you believe and therefore agree or disagree with you on your theorys

Edited by Leerenwandler

Hey Eternal Radiance,

Don't worry about it too much, and don't give up on the site just because someone doesn't like what you've posted.

It seems like you haven't posted too much in the theories section so maybe take Cognative Pulses' suggestion, and read through them for a bit.

I reckon you've got a reasonable grasp of cosmere magic systems, especially for your age, and you just need to keep exploring the site to learn more.

Have you read all of the cosmere books, or just Mistborn and Way of kings? If not, try Warbreaker next and you might notice some other world hoppers.

Anyway, stick with it, and I think you'll find that this site is full of friendly, generous and intelligent people

Besides that, its nice to have another aussie around the place.

Edited by bunyip99

I am thinking that joining this site was a mistake. I am sorry if you all disagree with what i believe. Noone is perfect.

Please don't do that. I didn't mean to scare you away. It is just that I thought you posted too impulsively, and didn't realize the irony of impulsively insulting you for it. Feel free to post(although it would be better for us to understand if you try improve your writing skills and double read to avoid typos. I myself have to edit my posts all the time to try to get rid of them).

Time to get a bigger boat. I'll try and compile all this into one post and lay it out more clearly. Sorry for any misunderstanding. Will post it soon

Before you invest a lot of time into such an endeavor, why not take a look at what has already been done by other fans?

Here's a list of all the Radiant orders for example: Knights Radiant

Generally, there is a lot of knowledge already cataloged in the Coppermind Wiki, so you don't really have to make such lists. And most certainly there is a lot to learn there :)

Think of this as a personal goal

Before you invest a lot of time into such an endeavor, why not take a look at what has already been done by other fans?

Here's a list of all the Radiant orders for example: Knights Radiant

Generally, there is a lot of knowledge already cataloged in the Coppermind Wiki, so you don't really have to make such lists. And most certainly there is a lot to learn there :)

• Chaos locked this topic